Newport mother names child Messiah

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Wow

Johnson City, TN

#1 Aug 12, 2013
Black woman names her son "Messiah" in Newport; Judge orders name changed to Martin, makes National news! Thoughts?
haha

Greeneville, TN

#2 Aug 12, 2013
What about Mexicans names Jesus?

“Cure 4 ignorance-> Knowledge!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3 Aug 12, 2013
haha wrote:
That was about to be my exact comment! Lol
My child has a Biblical name... It's separation of Church and State... What if this woman has no beliefs? Some people have NEVER heard of the story in the Bible that contains my son's name... Should I have to change his?!? Too many people trying to control the world... The only part of this story that could make it the least bit understandable would be if the Dad wanted the name Martin and took the mother to court over the name... And that's still a little far-fetched to me.
Rainy day woman

Greeneville, TN

#4 Aug 12, 2013
haha wrote:
They get away with that because they pronounce it "Hay-suse"
Wow

Johnson City, TN

#6 Aug 12, 2013
haha wrote:
Well, there is a Big difference! Jesus was a ‘given’ name, not unlike Bob, David or Joe. Christ however is a reference to divinity; ‘Christ’ in a truer translation is “Messiah”, or Savior.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#7 Aug 12, 2013
Really?.......REALLY? Idiots. Lol and blacks in Newport? No way.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#8 Aug 12, 2013
The name has been changed. Lashawnda Fillonya Jankins.
theycallmePoopyB allZ

Greeneville, TN

#9 Aug 12, 2013
A messiah is a saviour or liberator of a group of people. His name isn't Jesus Christ. The fkn judge can't change his name. She probably just liked how it sounds. It's not like she named him god or Christ.

“Cure 4 ignorance-> Knowledge!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#10 Aug 12, 2013
theycallmePoopyBallZ wrote:
A messiah is a saviour or liberator of a group of people. His name isn't Jesus Christ. The fkn judge can't change his name. She probably just liked how it sounds. It's not like she named him god or Christ.
... And even if she did name him Jesus Christ... That's her deal, not ours. We don't answer for her, right?...

Location hidden

#11 Aug 12, 2013
Stupid woman. Think of the grief her child will suffer for it not to mention being black on top of all that. That's just asking for it.
theycallmePoopyB allZ

Greeneville, TN

#12 Aug 12, 2013
Dixie iron fist wrote:
Stupid woman. Think of the grief her child will suffer for it not to mention being black on top of all that. That's just asking for it.
Well I will have to disagree with you. People won't give him crap for his name. It's not that big of a deal. And it sounds like a black name. He will be fine. Ignorance makes this a big deal.
Wow

Johnson City, TN

#14 Aug 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Well I will have to disagree with you. People won't give him crap for his name. It's not that big of a deal. And it sounds like a black name. He will be fine. Ignorance makes this a big deal.
You are not too bright, are you?
Moses

Simpsonville, SC

#15 Aug 12, 2013
Stupid judge! How dare she force this woman to legally change her child's name just because of HER religious beliefs. She should be thrown off the bench! Once again Tennessee is the laughing stock of the country with this idiocy!!
WTH

Bristol, TN

#16 Aug 12, 2013
GApeach-TNflower wrote:
<quoted text>
... And even if she did name him Jesus Christ... That's her deal, not ours. We don't answer for her, right?...
Here we go. Advice from an expert.

Location hidden

#17 Aug 12, 2013
<quoted text>Well I will have to disagree with you. People won't give him crap for his name. It's not that big of a deal. And it sounds like a black name. He will be fine. Ignorance makes this a big deal.
Well I suppose if she named him Napoleon,he wouldn't suffer from that either.
theycallmePoopyB allZ

Greeneville, TN

#18 Aug 12, 2013
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>You are not too bright, are you?
Well, depends on the circumstance. But from what you have read, you couldn't base how smart I am from my opinion. Can you?
theycallmePoopyB allZ

Greeneville, TN

#19 Aug 12, 2013
Dixie iron fist wrote:
<quoted text>Well I suppose if she named him Napoleon,he wouldn't suffer from that either.
Maybe if she named him whitey or something.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#21 Aug 12, 2013
The judge prolly saved this kid from years of torment. Who the hell would wanna be named that? Forget the fact that Messiah is a retarded name for us mere mortals but Messy would be a sh!tty nickname.

Location hidden

#22 Aug 12, 2013
<quoted text>Maybe if she named him whitey or something.
Good call.
theycallmePoopyB allZ

Greeneville, TN

#23 Aug 12, 2013
Se7en187 wrote:
The judge prolly saved this kid from years of torment. Who the hell would wanna be named that? Forget the fact that Messiah is a retarded name for us mere mortals but Messy would be a sh!tty nickname.
Torment over a name like messiah? Even if it came to that he could go by his middle name! And a being a messiah doesn't make you immortal lololol. Jesus got murdered didn't he? You think he was the only messiah? Do you know what messiah means? It has and forever will be used as a name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brian bragdon 4 min Rick 1
Robbie bragdon 3 6 min Rick 1
Robbie Bragdon 2 7 min Rick 1
End of time is near. Ghs beat by South. Greene ... 7 min sounds like it 10
Florida shooter 9 min typical troglodyte 64
Never trust a drunk.... 1 hr Hmmm 51
Adam arrington 1 hr Jay Walter Jones 12
Walmart stabbing 8 hr Ironical 7

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web