First Prev
of 3
Next Last
really

Waterloo, Canada

#1 Jul 28, 2010
Why do we need a new taco bell? We have enough mcdonalds and wendys and subways. Why don't they try and get other places like chick fil a or even a place like olive garden or chillis? I think they need to work on that instead of worrying about the parks and rec situation.
Catherine

Johnson City, TN

#2 Jul 28, 2010
A man in Morristown owns the rights to a Chik-Fila in Greeneville for over 10yrs., and he wont open one here. Red tape sucks, do not support Chik Fila in Motown! I guess that is about all we can do, nothing.
geesh

Gallatin, TN

#3 Jul 28, 2010
really wrote:
Why do we need a new taco bell? We have enough mcdonalds and wendys and subways. Why don't they try and get other places like chick fil a or even a place like olive garden or chillis? I think they need to work on that instead of worrying about the parks and rec situation.
They will shut down the old one when the new one is built...
fitchick

Fort Campbell, TN

#4 Jul 28, 2010
really wrote:
I agree..I am so so so sick of fast food. We have junk food well represented here. I'd also love a jason's deli, at least they have a great salad bar and awesome different kinds of sandwiches.
eatin good well mabye

Smyrna, TN

#5 Jul 28, 2010
yea like we need another fast grease joint.we COULDA had a texas roadhouse where the new mcds is (across from awful waffle)but NO ryans and applebees had to cry to the planning conission so a stop was put to it.i know cause i worked for the builder that bid on it,also a o charlies down next to the new phord dealership (like we needed that too)and fazzolies waS looking at the lot where the bell is coming now.jerry hall said it best,we had a few good funerals around here and things picked up,now too many people are in control,and it has slowed back down,eastman credit bid on the lot beside DQ where the new bank is and SOMEONE sweetend the deal to keep eastman out.bullshit like this keeps the money close at hand. clannish like the austin co.did forty years ago,CLANNISH.
fitchick

Fort Campbell, TN

#6 Jul 28, 2010
eatin good well mabye wrote:
yea like we need another fast grease joint.we COULDA had a texas roadhouse where the new mcds is (across from awful waffle)but NO ryans and applebees had to cry to the planning conission so a stop was put to it.i know cause i worked for the builder that bid on it,also a o charlies down next to the new phord dealership (like we needed that too)and fazzolies waS looking at the lot where the bell is coming now.jerry hall said it best,we had a few good funerals around here and things picked up,now too many people are in control,and it has slowed back down,eastman credit bid on the lot beside DQ where the new bank is and SOMEONE sweetend the deal to keep eastman out.bullshit like this keeps the money close at hand. clannish like the austin co.did forty years ago,CLANNISH.
Well I just don't spend my hard earned money at any of these junkfood places anymore and I have no problem driving up to JC if I want a nice meal. It is very short sighted on the planners part, but so typical.
tnb

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Jul 28, 2010
This is only my opinion, but I don't like Ryans, Apple Bee's, Waffle House nor Fatz...so we go to Johnson City to Texas Roadhouse or Cheddar's for a good steak.

Wasn't Chik-fila going to be built next to Town Crossing at one time??

Ma's and Pa's on the Asheville hwy has really good food and price's too but it's closer to drive to Johnson City from this end of town.

I had heard they were closing the other Taco Bell after the new one opens too.
Scrounger

Hendersonville, TN

#8 Jul 28, 2010
I travel quite abit and every town has at least one old closed Walmart building(sometimes two)and an old McDonalds.We've got both and soon will have a empty Taco Bell building right across the road from the empty Micky D's.Looks like the powers that be would not want all those empty buildings soo close together.
fast food

Smyrna, TN

#9 Jul 28, 2010
What was the need of closing the Taco Bell down at the Commons to begin with? Every thing is moving towards Wal-Mart which leaves Asheville Hwy as a deserted island. Sucks for the ones in that area with nothing really out there but McD's, Wendy's, Subway & Brickoven.

Ma & Pa's ....r u serious?? I've ate there a couple of times and their food was (sorry), nasty. I've eaten better food at the hospital than that..and no body likes hospital food...

Now Caney Branch Restaurant has really good food and worth the drive for myself if I'm eating in Greeneville...but most of the time I'm out of this town for pretty much every thing I do/need.
really

Waterloo, Canada

#10 Jul 28, 2010
Pals would have made a killing if they went to the old mcd's! Applebees has gone straight down hill I never have been too impressed with fatz and ill eat dog food before I eat awful house or ryans again. They need to get their head out their rear end and bring in some of those places jc has and that will get some jobs in here in greene co and help unemployment a lil bit.
Just saying

Johnson City, TN

#11 Jul 28, 2010
Thats what we we another nasty azz Taco bell, guess the old one is so dirty there just gonna build a new, not to mention there food really sux, when we gonna get a good restaunt so i dont have to spend my money out of town on the weekends, i Know what your gonna say we have applebees well that place sux too unless you want to drink a beer
MMM FOOD

Gallatin, TN

#12 Jul 28, 2010
Ryans stink should have never let golden corral go much beter food!
mcd's is old
we need a smoky bones mmmm ribs
or a good seafood place
Scrounger

Hendersonville, TN

#13 Jul 28, 2010
fast food wrote:
Every thing is moving towards Wal-Mart which leaves Asheville Hwy as a deserted island. Sucks for the ones in that area with nothing really out there but McD's, Wendy's, Subway & Brickoven.
I live on that side of town and during the day,til about 7pm-ish,it's still very busy.The Moose has'nt been mentioned and is a good place to eat but you have to be a member.

Since: Dec 09

Franklin, TN

#14 Jul 28, 2010
I will not go to the new Taco Bell. I think it's outrageous that Greeneville caters to fast food crap holes, check cashing/payday advance loan-sharks, and tobacco discount stores.
If we really want to make money by a means that is injurious to Greeneville residents it would be easier to ship nuclear waste here and store it at the empty burley tobacco warehouses.
fast food

Smyrna, TN

#15 Jul 29, 2010
We have so many empty buildings around our area but yet they go and build another building. Do we need another Taco Bell? No! We already had one so y go build another somewhere else. What a waste of money! Asheville Hwy is nothing but a cluster phuck down towards McD's...someone is gonna get hurt there eventually because of the way it is set up...
me too

Smyrna, TN

#16 Jul 29, 2010
hell yea lets all jump on the colesterol express and die young,the planning commission needs to get a grip and get some GOOOD reatarunts here.when our kids are out running around where do you think they eat???? fast greasy fattening food, because HELL THAT IS ALL THERE IS EVERYWHERE.
tnb

Elizabethtown, KY

#17 Jul 29, 2010
Yes the Moose is a good place to eat...I joined just for that reason. Most of my family is also members.
Food

Murfreesboro, TN

#18 Jul 30, 2010
Moose is good they have a great salad bar it's always fresh.

Fat boyz is good too.

Greeneville has so many empty buildings..what was the reasoning of closing the Mcd's on the bypass by central park?
Goods

Toledo, OH

#19 Jul 31, 2010
How much is it to join the moose?
question

Murfreesboro, TN

#20 Jul 31, 2010
What is the moose?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Raising our children to be racist 8 min Binary 41
A girl named telisha?? (Sep '15) 56 min Duh 33
The numbers on Trump 1 hr Kohlrabi 32
Ignoring God's WARNING! end time prophecies 1 hr Kohlrabi 16
who got shot on fish pond rd tonight 1 hr Truthis 56
Kathy lowery 2 hr Sheriff Larry 11
Michael Jordan transgender Bathrooms 2 hr Florida born 6
UN military vehicles invading Virginia are we n... 14 hr zombie 42

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web