Whats going on at the Water Dept.?
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
disgusted

Knoxville, TN

#86 Oct 27, 2013
I am from Cross Anchor but no longer live in Greeneville. I have known this family since I was a child. If you know them, you will know that they are kind, honest,loving people who do lots of good things for the community. From the trashy comments I have read, I am ashamed to have been a part of that area of Tennessee. Many people are so quick to judge based on petty gossip because they are jealous of people who have worked hard and achieved something. Your lives must be very boring.It is obvious that the commenters are ignorant and don't know how to express themselves in a decent manner. I would suggest that all of you, as well as the commisioners, look at your own lives instead of trying to destroy someone else.
IgnorantIdiotWit hNoLife

Greeneville, TN

#88 Oct 27, 2013
disgusted wrote:
I am from Cross Anchor but no longer live in Greeneville. I have known this family since I was a child. If you know them, you will know that they are kind, honest,loving people who do lots of good things for the community. From the trashy comments I have read, I am ashamed to have been a part of that area of Tennessee. Many people are so quick to judge based on petty gossip because they are jealous of people who have worked hard and achieved something. Your lives must be very boring.It is obvious that the commenters are ignorant and don't know how to express themselves in a decent manner. I would suggest that all of you, as well as the commisioners, look at your own lives instead of trying to destroy someone else.
Katie? Kandie? You made it a little obvious with your daddy posting 15 minutes after you. I'll keep what I know to myself until the time is right. Until then, keep amuzing me, please. Everyone will know who you all really are in due time and when it all comes out, and most of it will, I'll be right there to rub salt in your wounds. I mean, it's only fair since you have done the same to me and my family.

As far as looking at our own lives....this is my first and only comment BUT take a good long look at yourselves and the Collins family (if you're not one of them). You are FAR from perfect!
Why

Greenville, SC

#89 Oct 27, 2013
[QUOTE who="Kaptain Who."]<quoted text>
They know based on how much water goes through the meter into your house. It's not an F'n conspiracy people.[/QUOTE]Actually it is a conspiracy, if these allegations are true.
Why

Greenville, SC

#90 Oct 27, 2013
justme wrote:
Heeler
Almost every water district and company uses the same technology or is moving towards using it. the meter runs on battery, transmits a signal picked up by the meter reader, who usually drives around with a device collecting all the signals from everyone in range. If a meter fails to transmit a signal, they go back and read it manually.
Does this require the equipment to have correct calibration, like a cops radar gun?
Why

Greenville, SC

#91 Oct 27, 2013
firethem wrote:
<quoted text> Where were the brainless water department commissioners the were supposed to oversee the management, protect the customers from fraud, and prevent this extreme nepotism. My goodness. This has not just developed in the last few days. These commissioners should be held liable too. Dumbazzes.
True, aren't they audited periodically, surely they have some oversight.
disgusted

Knoxville, TN

#92 Oct 29, 2013
The correct spelling is "amusing".
disgusted

Knoxville, TN

#93 Oct 29, 2013
I am not a member of the Collins family. I am not a perfect person. I think there was only One of those. I do know this family, which is more than most of you can say. I know there are people who have a lot to gain personally by trying to discredit this family. It is clearly a witch hunt.
Greene Apple

Malang, Indonesia

#94 Oct 29, 2013
disgusted wrote:
I am not a member of the Collins family. I am not a perfect person. I think there was only One of those. I do know this family, which is more than most of you can say. I know there are people who have a lot to gain personally by trying to discredit this family. It is clearly a witch hunt.
I personally couldn't care less about the Collins family but I DO care about being over billed on my water usage. My water bill has come down since the controversy with the Collins' first occurred though, I DO know that. Is this just coincidence?
Good for you

Greeneville, TN

#95 Oct 29, 2013
disgusted wrote:
I know them well myself and you will see what they really are in due time. Judgemental, self-righteous people. Do as I say, not as I do types. Personally, I think it's funny they are going down after all that they have done and attempted to look like "good" and "honest" people in the process. Puh-lease.
Robert

United States

#96 Oct 29, 2013
Good for you wrote:
<quoted text>
I know them well myself and you will see what they really are in due time. Judgemental, self-righteous people. Do as I say, not as I do types. Personally, I think it's funny they are going down after all that they have done and attempted to look like "good" and "honest" people in the process. Puh-lease.
I agree completely.
TNmtnMAN

Kingsport, TN

#97 Oct 30, 2013
any updates on what was actually going on ?
marcoe

Kingsport, TN

#99 Nov 4, 2013
funny just got my water bill and it went down, its been consistantly 35-38$ even when gone for a week of vacation it never changed, but last months bill was $29??? Coincidence maybe ? but maybe theyve been skimming $5-6 off everyones bill for themselves ? I wish the dam news around here would folow up on there stories so we could know what was going on.
What

Greeneville, TN

#100 Dec 28, 2013
Any update on this?
just saying

Kingsport, TN

#101 Jan 8, 2014
I saw in the Greeneville Sun the other day where the city water department employees were working in frigid conditions so people could have water. I know the county water department does the same thing. Living in the city or the county doesn't matter. The point I'm trying to make is: whether it be zero degrees or 100 degrees, these employees are out there making sure people have water. I applaud the Cross Anchor and Chuckey Utility Districts for giving these hard workers $300.00 each as a Christmas bonus. These workers are called out all hours of the day and night to take care of these problems and they deserve the bonus. Shame on you HK for not voting to give these employees the bonus they so deserve. It tells this in the Greeneville Sun about who voted for the bonus and the only one who didn't, I you care to read it.
Water Guy

Lenoir City, TN

#102 Apr 28, 2014
marcoe wrote:
funny just got my water bill and it went down, its been consistantly 35-38$ even when gone for a week of vacation it never changed, but last months bill was $29??? Coincidence maybe ? but maybe theyve been skimming $5-6 off everyones bill for themselves ? I wish the dam news around here would folow up on there stories so we could know what was going on.
Maybe you just used less water...hmm.
voter

Greeneville, TN

#103 Apr 28, 2014
I heard someone saw the city water dept putting up signs for a candidate in a local race
Water Guy

Lenoir City, TN

#104 Apr 28, 2014
Why wrote:
<quoted text>Does this require the equipment to have correct calibration, like a cops radar gun?
I know quite a bit about these meters. They are battery controlled (20 yr life on battery) and transmit a signal every 10 -15 seconds. In that signal is the reading, leak information, etc. these meters have a 20 yr lifespan or more. Chuckey and Cross Anchor put these in 9 or 10 years ago, so they have half their life left. As for calibration, the meters have a 1.5 million to 2.5 million gal warranty. They are accurate, and must be according to the AWWA (American Waterworks Association) when they leave the factory. Meters LOSE accuracy over time, meaning you get more free water!!! For anyone to imply (not you) that they are making them read high is a joke. That's like saying your HVAC unit cools better now at 25 yrs old than it did new.

I run a local utility, and we have these meters. Just wanted to clear that up for those questioning the operation of the meters. As for the operation of the utility...the TBI will let us all know soon enough.
Bill

Greer, SC

#105 Jun 15, 2014
Any progress on the investigation?
keepitreal

Knoxville, TN

#106 Jul 19, 2014
SERIOUSLY!? After all the mess that has went on with these water offices and under handedness of the management and employees and lack of leadership and the misuse of the communities money...but HEY! Let's give everyone a raise! WTH! I think myself, that there is a little something more with the whole situation that goes a little deeper then just management...let's appease the rowdy villagers until the next thing comes along and they'll soon move on and forget it and be on to the next "head on the platter" if you can stall it out long enough. I mean Greeneville residents can be known for their lack of innovation and tendency to be unmotivated on the long term...so we get and stay bored, and are not known for our patience, with a county full of mostly 85% male chauvinist, loud red necks who's wife's are supposed to be home making apple cobbler but on fb, talking to "jon" and think their husbands are with their brother but we all know that's not the case! Anyway....point being..stall it long enough they will move on to the next thing. So no real outcome by the town of Greeneville has been made to make this situation right or make the management legally responsible! 
You have Jon Carters name all over everything that was approved that was found in question of being wrong and in mishandling of funds..why haven't we heard more about this? Do you not read what you are signing? Did they not ask to have these signatures authenticated and analyzed? Something just doesn't seem right to me.
Now they may not even seperate, just have divided Up employees!? With cross anchor president Lloyd Dawson using the analogy 

"If Dad won't give them what they want, they go to Mom," Dawson said in March. "If we totally split it, it won't be that way" as one of the only pros in splitting completely! How ORIGINAL Mr. Dawson! In a good parental relationship, which you'd think 2 county utility partnerships would have handling tax payers money, you'd think Dad would know what mom was doing and vice versa!
So meanwhile, while The mouse is guarding the cheese and the cat is watching the mouse, who's keeping their eye on the cat?
keepitreal

Knoxville, TN

#107 Jul 19, 2014
Where is the real leadership here? What true person in charge passes off blame after months of signing "questionable paperwork" and the transfer of community funds to pay for personal parties, cell phones, personal vehicles, etc. For months and even years, yet the one in charge is gonna pass the buck and blame everyone else. And claim as if no one in charge had any knowledge of anything going on. What exactly can the town expect of you and your job description as board members and presidents? Where exactly are you each month and what are you doing? If you can't keep track of the daily doings and of your utilities as a union, maybe the best thing is to simplify and split immediately and this at least would shorten your list of excuses of things and people, who are no less knowledgeable but surly only guilty of being more naive, for you to blame it on. True Greeneville Leadership we can all be proud of!(said sarcastically

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Road blocks 10 min badenufdayalready 6
Governor 23 min NFS sucks 10
Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe Fired 1 hr Max Planck 685
Lower back tattoo! 1 hr help 8
rios spots bar 1 hr Old friends 13
Wesley Holt...really?? 1 hr Sandy 40
Joshua Fortner, lets hear some thoughts 2 hr Milk Man 12
Iris festival scrum 5 hr Brown eye 13
New pool store 8 hr Swim fan 17

Greeneville Jobs