Whats going on at the Water Dept.?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#63 Oct 14, 2013
Warrensburg wrote:
<quoted text>If you "don't want to hear it", quit posting on a public forum. What do you expect? People are going to offer an opinion good or bad to whatever anyone has to say. You can dish it out but you can't take it??
Only read what parts you want to huh? I don't wanna hear his Bible thumping on every post I make. Let him go to someone else's post and yack about it.

“light always defeats darkness”

Since: Jul 13

nowhere

#64 Oct 14, 2013
Where are the religious people when haters attack people on here. Either ignoring it or part of the attackers. Until I see the good church people on here defending the good kind ladies on here, then let them shut up and not say anything.

“light always defeats darkness”

Since: Jul 13

nowhere

#66 Oct 14, 2013
obvious wrote:
<quoted text>
Spreading it on a little thick this morning, aren't you? You women may be "good" but kind? No one who reads your posts buys that.
I do not know what your problem is, and really do not care. Yes, they are good. Yes they are kind. Yes they are lovely. No, no one who reads what you type gives a flying flip what you think is obvious. Seems some things are only obvious in your own mind.
candy

Greeneville, TN

#67 Oct 14, 2013
anyone notice how rich the Collins family lives?
candy

Greeneville, TN

#68 Oct 14, 2013
who knew the water dept paid so well?
She

Johnson City, TN

#69 Oct 14, 2013
Melissa1333 wrote:
Interesting. I have 2 family members who use Cross Anchor for water. Both, have went in and paid their bill, gotten a hand written receipt and told the computer or printer was messed up, so that would have to do. The following month there was a double water bill came due. No record of being paid. Receipt was taken in, was told that didn't come from there. It was fake. Wonder how many people, older people especially, this was done to?
Are you some type of Police Investigator now?

“You gotta stand for something”

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#71 Oct 17, 2013
Fuzzy Math wrote:
I noticed the other day that my water meter cover had FINALLY been removed and I received my water bill today which was a little over five dollars lower than usual. Making changes, Cross Anchor?
Geez, I hope so. My water bill is outrageous....for a water bill. It has just kept goin' up and I have checked for leaks.

Location hidden

#73 Oct 17, 2013
Fuzzy Math wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe actually reading the meters may help.(:
I agree 100%!
in the know

Greeneville, TN

#74 Oct 19, 2013
From Jenny xoxo wrote:
<quoted text>Geez, I hope so. My water bill is outrageous....for a water bill. It has just kept goin' up and I have checked for leaks.
Mine was the same way, we called and reported it to them and I even wrote a letter to the Federal Trade Commission at one point but they said that the water department was their own entity and nothing could be done. After complaining two months ago my water bill has finally gone down to 53 instead of 100 without any change in family size or usage. I hope they get what they deserve. Maybe I will write another letter to the FTC explaining the most recent findings.
Huh

United States

#75 Oct 19, 2013
Wow, it's amazing if in fact they were price fixing. Any updates on the investigation? I think there was a grave lack of leadership at the department to allow this many people from the same family to hold key positions. If in fact the allegations are true, heads need to roll at all levels of the department.
larry

United States

#76 Oct 19, 2013
Huh wrote:
Wow, it's amazing if in fact they were price fixing. Any updates on the investigation? I think there was a grave lack of leadership at the department to allow this many people from the same family to hold key positions. If in fact the allegations are true, heads need to roll at all levels of the department.
They have done it for years.
itsmeisitu

Toledo, OH

#77 Oct 21, 2013
My water bill has went from $20's to the $70's. Last time I paid in person I mentioned this and said there could be a water leak on their side and all the lady said was yeah. No "we will check into it" or nothing!

Location hidden

#78 Oct 22, 2013
itsmeisitu wrote:
My water bill has went from $20's to the $70's. Last time I paid in person I mentioned this and said there could be a water leak on their side and all the lady said was yeah. No "we will check into it" or nothing!
Yep, me too! My bill use to be in the low 30's, last bill was $70! I can't find a leak anywhere. There is no reason for it to be that high. It's not like we can refuse to pay it either. They have us.:/
Rufus

United States

#79 Oct 22, 2013
From Jenny xoxo wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, me too! My bill use to be in the low 30's, last bill was $70! I can't find a leak anywhere. There is no reason for it to be that high. It's not like we can refuse to pay it either. They have us.:/
They HAD us. Looks like they've been got.
Duh

United States

#80 Oct 22, 2013
itsmeisitu wrote:
If the leak is from the meter to the home it's your responsibility. If it's from the meter to the main line it is their's. If the water is leaking from their side of the meter then it isn't going thru and you're not being charged. Common sense should tell you all that. And that is what I was told when I had a leak on my side. If you're not an asshole about it they will adjust your bill somewhat when there is a leak. Again, if it's from their lines you're not charged because the water hasn't gone thru the meter.
Rufus

United States

#81 Oct 22, 2013
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
If the leak is from the meter to the home it's your responsibility. If it's from the meter to the main line it is their's. If the water is leaking from their side of the meter then it isn't going thru and you're not being charged. Common sense should tell you all that. And that is what I was told when I had a leak on my side. If you're not an asshole about it they will adjust your bill somewhat when there is a leak. Again, if it's from their lines you're not charged because the water hasn't gone thru the meter.
The bottom line. Looks as if someone has had their hand in the till. And we paid for it.
Duh

United States

#82 Oct 22, 2013
Rufus wrote:
<quoted text>
The bottom line. Looks as if someone has had their hand in the till. And we paid for it.
Agreed.
sweetpea

Greeneville, TN

#83 Oct 23, 2013
witch water dept is this?
Rufus

United States

#84 Oct 24, 2013
sweetpea wrote:
Water witch. Hehehehe. That's who is to blame.
Midway, TN

#85 Oct 24, 2013
sweetpea wrote:
http://www.greenevillesun.com/Local_News/arti...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Girl at Foodcity on Snaps Ferry 20 min Volunteer 69 1
Tramp numbers again 27 min Donald J Trump 26
Illegal dreamers 5 hr Trumpisreallytranny 32
Fat Trump 5 hr Trumpisreallytranny 28
Some new Trump numbers 5 hr Trumpisreallytranny 85
Attention anti Trump psychopath. 6 hr Moron 13
People that are going around robbing people? 7 hr Curious 13
Who"s Who on Topix #8 (Preacher Bubba) 7 hr Curious 32
Dogs in grocery stores.. 9 hr True Dat 56
Unsolved Murders / Mysteries / Crimes / Drug R... (Sep '15) 9 hr Shebeenaround 41
why would anybody vote for these flunkies runni... 10 hr True Dat 30

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages