Whats going on at the Water Dept.?
gvegas

Indian Trail, NC

#42 Oct 10, 2013
I always thought something was going on there BC they never excepted credit/debit cards. As well as you could not pay online, shady if you ask me.
Heeler

Greeneville, TN

#43 Oct 10, 2013
Melissa1333 wrote:
<quoted text> When I called to ask, I was told the guy drives around in his truck with a device ..like a remote control..that picks up the signal from your meter. That is then sent to the computer at the office. Hmmm, I asked what if it picks up the neighbors signal and not mine? She said, it won't.
I still say you have to have a power source to send a signal, do you see any electricity going to your meter?
justme

Nashville, TN

#44 Oct 10, 2013
Heeler
Almost every water district and company uses the same technology or is moving towards using it. the meter runs on battery, transmits a signal picked up by the meter reader, who usually drives around with a device collecting all the signals from everyone in range. If a meter fails to transmit a signal, they go back and read it manually.
Heeler

Greeneville, TN

#45 Oct 10, 2013
That could be possible, but there are thousands of old meters in this county and if they were being updated someone would know about it. As I said earlier my parents meter has not been opened in years, you have to know where its at to even find it, dirt and grass has completely covered the lid, so I dont know so much about the drive by reading thing...lol
Heeler

Johnson City, TN

#46 Oct 10, 2013
Melissa1333 wrote:
<quoted text> When I called to ask, I was told the guy drives around in his truck with a device ..like a remote control..that picks up the signal from your meter. That is then sent to the computer at the office. Hmmm, I asked what if it picks up the neighbors signal and not mine? She said, it won't.
So, do you believe everything that you are told?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#47 Oct 10, 2013
Heeler wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you always rude? Or am I just taking you this way? Do I believe this is how it's read? Yes. The light and power is basically the same way now.
Heeler

Greeneville, TN

#48 Oct 10, 2013
Heeler wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a copy cat...lol

Location hidden

#49 Oct 10, 2013
Heeler wrote:
<quoted text>I have a copy cat...lol
Ah, ok. Ya know, I haven't decided if I find it pathetic that someone posts under my name or if it is just because I am so awesome, many wanna be me? ;)
Heeler

Greeneville, TN

#50 Oct 10, 2013
Wonder if he or she wants to go to work for me tomorrow? lol
Whatever

Greeneville, TN

#51 Oct 10, 2013
gvegas wrote:
I always thought something was going on there BC they never excepted credit/debit cards. As well as you could not pay online, shady if you ask me.
Actually, they have had bank drafts available for 4-5 years. I live in the city and you can't pay the Water Commission online either, just bank draft. And it would be accepted not excepted.
Question

United States

#52 Oct 11, 2013
Why were there four family members working at the same public utility. That in itself seems questionable...
Cat Turd

Greeneville, TN

#53 Oct 11, 2013
Question wrote:
Why were there four family members working at the same public utility. That in itself seems questionable...
So no outsiders could get wind of their corruption.
The Sea Goat

Lincoln, UK

#54 Oct 11, 2013
Nepotism.
firethem

Calhoun, TN

#55 Oct 11, 2013
Question wrote:
Where were the brainless water department commissioners the were supposed to oversee the management, protect the customers from fraud, and prevent this extreme nepotism. My goodness. This has not just developed in the last few days. These commissioners should be held liable too. Dumbazzes.
wants to know

Jonesborough, TN

#56 Oct 11, 2013
Dumbass, you are the DUMBASS... you are already judging the commissioners and you stupid jurk...this just hit the papers. What do you know about the water dept. and when did you know it?Maybe you will be called and have someone ask you some questions? YOU seem to be a know it all...Jack ass
wants to know

Jonesborough, TN

#57 Oct 11, 2013
This is for Firethem...Im so sorry I meant DUMBASS

“is your friend ”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#58 Oct 12, 2013
Melissa1333 wrote:
<quoted text> Start your preaching to the one who replied to my post before you open your Bible to me. I don't wanna hear it.
That's a pretty sorry reply right there.

Location hidden

#59 Oct 12, 2013
Mrs Roberson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a pretty sorry reply right there.
well, that reply was also because deacon wanted to preach at me on another thread too. He or she needs to take their bible & chat at someone else. I don't wanna hear it.

“is your friend ”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#61 Oct 13, 2013
Melissa1333 wrote:
<quoted text> well, that reply was also because deacon wanted to preach at me on another thread too. He or she needs to take their bible & chat at someone else. I don't wanna hear it.
Ok. I do think we need God in our lives.
Warrensburg

Abingdon, VA

#62 Oct 14, 2013
Melissa1333 wrote:
<quoted text> well, that reply was also because deacon wanted to preach at me on another thread too. He or she needs to take their bible & chat at someone else. I don't wanna hear it.
If you "don't want to hear it", quit posting on a public forum. What do you expect? People are going to offer an opinion good or bad to whatever anyone has to say. You can dish it out but you can't take it??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump's destruction of America could be a good ... 4 min Trumpisdumb 19
What would Jesus say? 9 min just think 9
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 27 min Princess Hey 10,904
More fake news 28 min Trumpisdumb 6
How many fngers can you Vag hold? 50 min BIG RED DICKENSON 25
jerry frye 1 hr THE EX 11
South Greene Basketball 1 hr TEAM WHO 7
Fetishes and fantasies 8 hr Eddie 108

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages