#22 Oct 8, 2013
Bargin shoppers one wrote:
<quoted text>Just give it to your wife!
My butt itches.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#23 Oct 8, 2013
Heeler wrote:
<quoted text>Pay your bills with a check, they cannot deny that receipt.
Well, my dad is from the older generation and don't use checks. Everything is bought and paid for with cash. He says 'ya can't trust banks':)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kaptain Who.

United States

#24 Oct 8, 2013
Heeler wrote:
Yeah, they supposedly check your usage electronically, but how does a water meter, with no source of power, send a signal?
They know based on how much water goes through the meter into your house. It's not an F'n conspiracy people.
Heeler

Greeneville, TN

#25 Oct 8, 2013
Duh, that still does not explain how its read. And Melissa you obviously cant trust your water department either...lol
joe

United States

#26 Oct 8, 2013
[QUOTE who="Kaptain Who."]<quoted text>
They know based on how much water goes through the meter into your house. It's not an F'n conspiracy people.[/QUOTE]

I heard Bonnie and Clyde got ambushed. About time.
whoever

Rutherfordton, NC

#27 Oct 8, 2013
I cannot imagine the Collins family doing any wrong for monetary gain. Something just isn't right with the entire situation.
Whatever

Greeneville, TN

#28 Oct 8, 2013
whoever wrote:
I cannot imagine the Collins family doing any wrong for monetary gain. Something just isn't right with the entire situation.
Really? I wouldn't put a thing past them.
joe

United States

#29 Oct 8, 2013
whoever wrote:
. Time will tell.
Fuzzy Duck

West Chicago, IL

#30 Oct 8, 2013
Heeler wrote:
Duh, that still does not explain how its read. And Melissa you obviously cant trust your water department either...lol
I agree because they're definitely not physically reading my meter. I'm curious about exactly how they're calculating my water bill.
Fuzzy Duck

United States

#31 Oct 8, 2013
Fuzzy Duck wrote:
<quoted text>I agree because they're definitely not physically reading my meter. I'm curious about exactly how they're calculating my water bill.
No one wants to "read my meter".
granny smith

West Chicago, IL

#32 Oct 9, 2013
Melissa1333 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, my dad is from the older generation and don't use checks. Everything is bought and paid for with cash. He says 'ya can't trust banks':)
Your dad sounds like a real idiot. The apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Location hidden

#33 Oct 9, 2013
granny smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Your dad sounds like a real idiot. The apple didn't fall far from the tree.
& who told you that you were special? Oh, your mom you say? She lied to you sweetie pie. Your dad would have been better off to just stroke it into a towel.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Deacon

Johnson City, TN

#34 Oct 9, 2013
Melissa1333 wrote:
<quoted text>& who told you that you were special? Oh, your mom you say? She lied to you sweetie pie. Your dad would have been better off to just stroke it into a towel.
That's so nasty. You need to read the word of God.

Location hidden

#35 Oct 9, 2013
Deacon wrote:
<quoted text>
That's so nasty. You need to read the word of God.
Start your preaching to the one who replied to my post before you open your Bible to me. I don't wanna hear it.
skippy

Winchester, KY

#36 Oct 9, 2013
The meters have a transducer which makes it so that they don't have to be looked at visually to get the reading.
Heeler

Greeneville, TN

#37 Oct 9, 2013
Since when? Theres got to be power of some kind to send an electical signal for it to be read other than physically looking at the meter. My parents have had the same meter for many many years and they have stopped physically reading it so tell me how is the gallon usage being sent to the water department? When the Light and Power went to digital they had to physically change all the meters in order to read them electronically.
befuddled

Houston, TX

#38 Oct 9, 2013
Heeler wrote:
Since when? Theres got to be power of some kind to send an electical signal for it to be read other than physically looking at the meter. My parents have had the same meter for many many years and they have stopped physically reading it so tell me how is the gallon usage being sent to the water department? When the Light and Power went to digital they had to physically change all the meters in order to read them electronically.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't grasp the concept of how it works. I guess tomorrow I'll go out and take a good look at the meter to see if I can figure it out. You'd think more people would be interested given they're paying for a service based on "amount used".
skippy

Winchester, KY

#39 Oct 9, 2013
There is a wire that comes off the top of the meter, and a plastic-looking transducer. It counts the rotation of an impeller in the water tap. Every time it goes around a certain amount of water is going through the tap. The quantity is based on that information.
Heeler

Greeneville, TN

#40 Oct 9, 2013
skippy wrote:
There is a wire that comes off the top of the meter, and a plastic-looking transducer. It counts the rotation of an impeller in the water tap. Every time it goes around a certain amount of water is going through the tap. The quantity is based on that information.
And how does that quantity get relayed to the water department is the question.

Location hidden

#41 Oct 9, 2013
Heeler wrote:
<quoted text>And how does that quantity get relayed to the water department is the question.
When I called to ask, I was told the guy drives around in his truck with a device ..like a remote control..that picks up the signal from your meter. That is then sent to the computer at the office. Hmmm, I asked what if it picks up the neighbors signal and not mine? She said, it won't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No Trump collusion with the Russians 7 min ROFLnatorating 18
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 9 min -Papa-Smurf- 11,493
Is Obama a Muslim? 39 min he is a criminal 4
workhouse inmates mowing school grounds 52 min Bubba Work Real Hard 5
imates charged 56 min Bubba Work Real Hard 26
Florida Shooting Scared Deputies 1 hr Bubba Work Real Hard 13
Poll Would U support Park Overall in a political run? (Apr '12) 1 hr dumber and dummer 30
gcsd 6 hr Jay Walter Jones 41

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages