“I've Always Been This Stupid”

Since: May 12

Greeneville TN

#1 Nov 12, 2012
Can someone please tell me when a child should start losing his/her baby hair? My 6 year old still has a full head of baby hair and we are ready for his grown up hair to come in. I thought he had a couple of loose hairs but when i tried to wiggle them nothing happened. My wife and I even had a Hair Fairy costume made up. It is just sitting in the closet. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
mommy

Waxhaw, NC

#2 Nov 12, 2012
Is this a joke...lol it just grows its not teeth cut his hair!
whothehellcares

United States

#3 Nov 13, 2012
My baby hair was gone long before my baby tooth (that's not a typo, I'm so redneck I only had one baby tooth)... I lost my baby hair when I was about 4, of course I lost my adult hair when I was 27. My adult tooth is doing good though...

Greeneville TN

#4 Nov 13, 2012
whothehellcares wrote:
My baby hair was gone long before my baby tooth (that's not a typo, I'm so redneck I only had one baby tooth)... I lost my baby hair when I was about 4, of course I lost my adult hair when I was 27. My adult tooth is doing good though...
Thanks for the insight. It's just frustrating. We brush his hair after every meal like they say to and still nothing. I have a home x-ray machine and you can see the grown up hair right below the surface ready to push out.
mommy

Waxhaw, NC

#5 Nov 13, 2012
I'm sorry...I just thought your hair just grew! But I do know that my babies lost most of their hair when they were babies from rolling around but I never knew we had adult hair....again sorry!
whothehellcares

United States

#6 Nov 13, 2012
Pretend 2 B Normal wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the insight. It's just frustrating. We brush his hair after every meal like they say to and still nothing. I have a home x-ray machine and you can see the grown up hair right below the surface ready to push out.
Try using a thicker firmer bristle brush, it will help to loosen the baby hair so it will fall out quicker... I've heard of some kids (especially those with thick hair) being 10 or 12 before it finally all falls out... The repeated radiation directly to his head will probably help speed it up also...

Greeneville TN

#7 Nov 13, 2012
whothehellcares wrote:
<quoted text>
Try using a thicker firmer bristle brush, it will help to loosen the baby hair so it will fall out quicker... I've heard of some kids (especially those with thick hair) being 10 or 12 before it finally all falls out... The repeated radiation directly to his head will probably help speed it up also...
We are getting so anxious that I am doing 2-3 X-rays a day. At the rate I am gaining weight there's no way I'm going to fit in the Hair Fairy costume much longer. Oh and I have already tried the stiff bristles. I disassembled one of the scrubbers that golfer clean their cleats on before going in the clubhouse. Still nothing. Maybe all the scabs are holding the hair in?
whothehellcares

United States

#8 Nov 13, 2012
Scabs are a good sign... as soon as they fall off the baby hair will fall off with them leaving nothing but the adult hair and what the sciency folk call "toomers" I think... Now that the pain has subsided and I can think somewhat clearly my parents did the xray thing on me also... probably no connection, but how many teeth does your son have....
therepy

Johnson City, TN

#9 Nov 13, 2012
are you for real do this please do not breed no more children and get a hobby. are you too related or what. Leave that kids head alone. Home xray machine to see hair really invest in the kid some toys. Help CPS where are you they are pulling the kids head and brushing its head to death really/ LOL
whothehellcares

United States

#10 Nov 13, 2012
therepy wrote:
are you for real do this please do not breed no more children and get a hobby. are you too related or what. Leave that kids head alone. Home xray machine to see hair really invest in the kid some toys. Help CPS where are you they are pulling the kids head and brushing its head to death really/ LOL
It's true, do some research, Google it at least and you will see that hair is like teeth... most kids love playing with home xray machines, its entertainment and they learn about the human body at the same time...
mommy

United States

#11 Nov 13, 2012
I did google it nothing says that hair is like teeth put up a link if you find it because I have been unsuccessfull in fact it says some babies/kids never lose their hair at all.
whothehellcares

United States

#12 Nov 13, 2012
My phone won't let me post a link for some reason but Johns Hopkins University did a study on baby hair and the beneficial effects of the home xray machines... keep looking and you'll find it...

Greeneville TN

#13 Nov 13, 2012
whothehellcares wrote:
Scabs are a good sign... as soon as they fall off the baby hair will fall off with them leaving nothing but the adult hair and what the sciency folk call "toomers" I think... Now that the pain has subsided and I can think somewhat clearly my parents did the xray thing on me also... probably no connection, but how many teeth does your son have....
To be honest, the only time I look at his teeth is when I trim them once a month. He had school pictures recently so I made sure his teeth were trimmed very nicely. I'm sure when he gets older he will let his teeth grow out but while he is under my roof his teeth will be short and clean.
whothehellcares

United States

#14 Nov 13, 2012
I do the same with mine...
mommy

United States

#15 Nov 13, 2012
Pretend 2 B Normal wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest, the only time I look at his teeth is when I trim them once a month. He had school pictures recently so I made sure his teeth were trimmed very nicely. I'm sure when he gets older he will let his teeth grow out but while he is under my roof his teeth will be short and clean.
all I can say is...lmao good luck!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Idiot in charge! 20 min Trumpisdumb 18
Birds of a feather ..... 21 min LmaO 2
Christians really?? 23 min LmaO 21
Mark furgason is a piece of (Oct '12) 1 hr Dummy 17
Why is judges breaking laws 2 hr Dirty dingus 6
Jonesborough 2 hr Dirty dingus 3
History on Greystone Hotel (Oct '13) 2 hr Sancho505 11
Old Oak was a joke 11 hr Allbymyself 46
Susan Crum Foundation (Jan '16) 13 hr Allbymyself 25

Greeneville Jobs