True southern heritage
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Southern boy

United States

#1 Jan 12, 2018
The voice of the South has been long hushed by oppression. We at PrettySouthern.com have risen to tell tales of chivalry, elegance and refinement. Most importantly, this is a website about love.

We’ve had some tough times lately: war, recession, and all sorts of nasty things. There’s still a lot we have to be thankful for. We’ll learn how some folks are born into grace, fall from it, then learn to accept love back into their lives. We will not talk of religion. We will not read of material happiness. This is about the intangible things that truly make a Southerner in our modern era.

Today being a Southerner means being a lover. Beautiful, courteous, artistic, passionate, hardworking; most importantly, a soul touched by grace. As we get started there are a few things y’all need to understand about Southerners. Every one of us is charged with a missing: be iconic. What makes someone a symbol? It truly comes boils down to being a paradigm, an example of all the goodness the world has to offer.

Southerners are a people blessed with sugary graces. Because of this y’all see us smiling more than the rest of the United States. We learned early on the world will take care of itself. Carrying a carefree mind allows one to engender positivity…and we’re a smiley bunch.

Y’all might know a couple of ways to make a Southerner happy. It’s about Family, Food and Fun. You’ll find these loves in any region of America. The three F’s are especially important in the South and the reason we founded PrettySouthern.com .

You can see love exemplified in the weddings we write about, in the adorable photos we post of newborn babies and cute puppies. It’s about your neighbor bringing you mint from his garden so you can concoct a fresh julep. Or your lady friend who just opened her first boutique and is looking to grow her business. That’s the funny thing about the inherent grace each of us possesses (even Yankees) it’s about being thankful for the little things and trying to help each other out.
General Beuregard

Princeton, IL

#2 Jan 12, 2018
Southern boy wrote:
The voice of the South has been long hushed by oppression. We at PrettySouthern.com have risen to tell tales of chivalry, elegance and refinement. Most importantly, this is a website about love.

We’ve had some tough times lately: war, recession, and all sorts of nasty things. There’s still a lot we have to be thankful for. We’ll learn how some folks are born into grace, fall from it, then learn to accept love back into their lives. We will not talk of religion. We will not read of material happiness. This is about the intangible things that truly make a Southerner in our modern era.

Today being a Southerner means being a lover. Beautiful, courteous, artistic, passionate, hardworking; most importantly, a soul touched by grace. As we get started there are a few things y’all need to understand about Southerners. Every one of us is charged with a missing: be iconic. What makes someone a symbol? It truly comes boils down to being a paradigm, an example of all the goodness the world has to offer.

Southerners are a people blessed with sugary graces. Because of this y’all see us smiling more than the rest of the United States. We learned early on the world will take care of itself. Carrying a carefree mind allows one to engender positivity…and we’re a smiley bunch.

Y’all might know a couple of ways to make a Southerner happy. It’s about Family, Food and Fun. You’ll find these loves in any region of America. The three F’s are especially important in the South and the reason we founded PrettySouthern.com .

You can see love exemplified in the weddings we write about, in the adorable photos we post of newborn babies and cute puppies. It’s about your neighbor bringing you mint from his garden so you can concoct a fresh julep. Or your lady friend who just opened her first boutique and is looking to grow her business. That’s the funny thing about the inherent grace each of us possesses (even Yankees) it’s about being thankful for the little things and trying to help each other out.
OMG This is great, it sounds exackly like something Trump would have said.
General Beuregard

Princeton, IL

#3 Jan 12, 2018
Trump is a good Christian man who repersents Amurican values, he is a strong leader and a great role model for white children. God bless him and his beautiful families.

“I'm coming for YOU, Donnie!”

Since: Jan 13

Laurel, MD

#4 Jan 12, 2018
General Beuregard wrote:
Trump is a good Christian man who repersents Amurican values, he is a strong leader and a great role model for white children. God bless him and his beautiful families.
RETCH!
General Beuregard

Princeton, IL

#5 Jan 12, 2018
Southern boy wrote:
Southerners are a people blessed with sugary graces. Because of this y’all see us smiling more than the rest of the United States. We learned early on the world will take care of itself. Carrying a carefree mind allows one to engender positivity…and we’re a smiley bunch..
You can tell a southerner from their smile.... a great big toothless smile.
Southern breeze

Hickory, NC

#6 Jan 12, 2018
Southern boy wrote:
The voice of the South has been long hushed by oppression. We at PrettySouthern.com have risen to tell tales of chivalry, elegance and refinement. Most importantly, this is a website about love.

We’ve had some tough times lately: war, recession, and all sorts of nasty things. There’s still a lot we have to be thankful for. We’ll learn how some folks are born into grace, fall from it, then learn to accept love back into their lives. We will not talk of religion. We will not read of material happiness. This is about the intangible things that truly make a Southerner in our modern era.

Today being a Southerner means being a lover. Beautiful, courteous, artistic, passionate, hardworking; most importantly, a soul touched by grace. As we get started there are a few things y’all need to understand about Southerners. Every one of us is charged with a missing: be iconic. What makes someone a symbol? It truly comes boils down to being a paradigm, an example of all the goodness the world has to offer.

Southerners are a people blessed with sugary graces. Because of this y’all see us smiling more than the rest of the United States. We learned early on the world will take care of itself. Carrying a carefree mind allows one to engender positivity…and we’re a smiley bunch.

Y’all might know a couple of ways to make a Southerner happy. It’s about Family, Food and Fun. You’ll find these loves in any region of America. The three F’s are especially important in the South and the reason we founded PrettySouthern.com .

You can see love exemplified in the weddings we write about, in the adorable photos we post of newborn babies and cute puppies. It’s about your neighbor bringing you mint from his garden so you can concoct a fresh julep. Or your lady friend who just opened her first boutique and is looking to grow her business. That’s the funny thing about the inherent grace each of us possesses (even Yankees) it’s about being thankful for the little things and trying to help each other out.
Absolutely wonderful post that exemplifies Southern charm and the people that reside in the South.
Being content with the life you lead and living a life of gracious lucidity is what it's all about.
Thanks for the link.
General Beuregard

Princeton, IL

#7 Jan 12, 2018
Kohlrabi wrote:
<quoted text>

RETCH!
Trump wouldn't have been elecked if he didn't repersent what people have in their hearts.

There were plenty of other Republicans on the debate stage and Amuricans picked him because the way he acts is the way Amuricans are really like deep down inside.

People in other countries look at the way Trump acts and thats the way they have always known the people of the United States to be like.
Best i can do

Greeneville, TN

#8 Jan 12, 2018
I think when running for any position big or small they should have an honest campaign slogan. Something along the lines of...I can't promise anything but I will do the best I can.
writers chop block

Ashburn, VA

#9 Jan 12, 2018
Southern breeze wrote:
<quoted text>

Absolutely wonderful post that exemplifies Southern charm and the people that reside in the South.
Being content with the life you lead and living a life of gracious lucidity is what it's all about.
Thanks for the link.
It will simply be another useless thread loaded up with political BS , but yes, that was a very nice initial post that exemplifies a heritage that apparently is not taught any longer from the evidence displayed in the replies. I'm a Yank, so I get a Mulligan, but I know in my real life that I respect the values in this area much more than most that were born into it. It is evident in their actions and after reading the It Happened Here and Busted blotters.*wink*
Southern comfort

Hickory, NC

#10 Jan 12, 2018
writers chop block wrote:
<quoted text> It will simply be another useless thread loaded up with political BS , but yes, that was a very nice initial post that exemplifies a heritage that apparently is not taught any longer from the evidence displayed in the replies. I'm a Yank, so I get a Mulligan, but I know in my real life that I respect the values in this area much more than most that were born into it. It is evident in their actions and after reading the It Happened Here and Busted blotters.*wink*
Well said.
Truth be told, more than a few Yanks exemplify the values we hold dear. I occasionally poke fun of those from up North but the fact remains.... wonderful people are evenly(somewhat) dispersed all across this great country.
They're easy to spot.... they're the ones who are standing tall with a look of contentment on their faces.
They tend to dwell on what is right in this world as opposed to focusing on the negatives.
man in the mirror

Hickory, NC

#11 Jan 12, 2018
writers chop block wrote:
<quoted text> It will simply be another useless thread loaded up with political BS , but yes, that was a very nice initial post that exemplifies a heritage that apparently is not taught any longer from the evidence displayed in the replies. I'm a Yank, so I get a Mulligan, but I know in my real life that I respect the values in this area much more than most that were born into it. It is evident in their actions and after reading the It Happened Here and Busted blotters.*wink*
I liked the Year in Review article the most.
Discussing leveraging all the good you have to be a positive force for change is extremely fitting as we roll into another year pockmarked with so much craziness in the world.
The Gandhi quote "Be the change you want to see in the world" was a good one....that says it all.
I need a nap

Hickory, NC

#12 Jan 12, 2018
man in the mirror wrote:
<quoted text>

I liked the Year in Review article the most.
Discussing leveraging all the good you have to be a positive force for change is extremely fitting as we roll into another year pockmarked with so much craziness in the world.
The Gandhi quote "Be the change you want to see in the world" was a good one....that says it all.
I continued reading and had to stop to eat after seeing the food.... I settled on a Pork Belly Cubano with some chips.
Deeper South southern food.... always heavy but well worth it.
The food found in the little establishments down here is amazing....uh....over and down here.
General Beuregard

United States

#13 Jan 12, 2018
writers chop block wrote:
<quoted text> It will simply be another useless thread loaded up with political BS , but yes, that was a very nice initial post that exemplifies a heritage that apparently is not taught any longer from the evidence displayed in the replies. I'm a Yank, so I get a Mulligan, but I know in my real life that I respect the values in this area much more than most that were born into it. It is evident in their actions and after reading the It Happened Here and Busted blotters.*wink*
Don't worry about southern heritage becoming extinct, white people from the south never stopped believing they are superior to everyone else.
Brat

Lenoir, NC

#14 Jan 12, 2018
General Beuregard wrote:
<quoted text>

Don't worry about southern heritage becoming extinct, white people from the south never stopped believing they are superior to everyone else.
You need a nap. Go on. Git! You are like the little, snotty nosed brat on the playground yanking on little girls' pigtails and lifting up their dresses so the teachers can grab you by the ear and drag your nasty arse to the principal's office for your daily paddling.
Curious George

United States

#15 Jan 12, 2018
Brat wrote:
<quoted text>You need a nap. Go on. Git! You are like the little, snotty nosed brat on the playground yanking on little girls' pigtails and lifting up their dresses so the teachers can grab you by the ear and drag your nasty arse to the principal's office for your daily paddling.
And to think that she was a gay little girl, probably loved the paddling
Whitewater Home Companion

Hickory, NC

#16 Jan 12, 2018
Brat wrote:
<quoted text>You need a nap. Go on. Git! You are like the little, snotty nosed brat on the playground yanking on little girls' pigtails and lifting up their dresses so the teachers can grab you by the ear and drag your nasty arse to the principal's office for your daily paddling.
American by birth.... Southern by the grace of God.

Did someone mention daily paddling?

....of the whitewater variety?
Brat

Lenoir, NC

#17 Jan 12, 2018
Whitewater Home Companion wrote:
<quoted text>

American by birth.... Southern by the grace of God.

Did someone mention daily paddling?

....of the whitewater variety?
Lovely. Talk about paddling , and the southern boys come out of the woodwork like flies. It is not warm enough yet for the WW paddling...is it? Are all southern gents sadistically lying in wait for the word to pick up a paddle? I have never been paddled in my life. Where we hail from if you messed up badly enough you may have gotten a swift kick in the pants with a size 13 boot, so we chose to toe the line....or at the very least ---not get caught doing otherwise. I guess I have a lot to learn about this southern heritage yet.*grins*
chasing the rain

Hickory, NC

#18 Jan 12, 2018
Brat wrote:
<quoted text>Lovely. Talk about paddling , and the southern boys come out of the woodwork like flies. It is not warm enough yet for the WW paddling...is it? Are all southern gents sadistically lying in wait for the word to pick up a paddle? I have never been paddled in my life. Where we hail from if you messed up badly enough you may have gotten a swift kick in the pants with a size 13 boot, so we chose to toe the line....or at the very least ---not get caught doing otherwise. I guess I have a lot to learn about this southern heritage yet.*grins*
This is go time for southeastern whitewater....we get most of our precipitation from November through April....the local flora uses less during that time....that makes for some very exciting runs.
Plus, the water/air temperatures keeps the amateurs at home.... always a plus.

I was amazed to find an entire subculture that does nothing but check USGS stream data and go wherever the numbers point them.
Educated

Greeneville, TN

#20 Jan 12, 2018
It seems that a few on this site tend to think they are of a higher class than some. By some of the posts it would be questionable. High class has nothing to do with what you have but the person you are to other people in public and private. If you cannot be an adult and say it to there face you probably are in the group of hiding behind a computer screen and saying it thinking no one will figure it out. Most are not stupid and do. Research is easy. People will talk even if they are your friends. I would suggest focusing on how to be a better person than worry about what others are doing. If you have to worry about them then apparently your life is not as great as your portray to others. Can we not have adult conversations about real topics?
Waterdog

Lenoir, NC

#21 Jan 12, 2018
chasing the rain wrote:
<quoted text>

This is go time for southeastern whitewater....we get most of our precipitation from November through April....the local flora uses less during that time....that makes for some very exciting runs.
Plus, the water/air temperatures keeps the amateurs at home.... always a plus.

I was amazed to find an entire subculture that does nothing but check USGS stream data and go wherever the numbers point them.
I guess that is probably comparable to us checking the water flow data when we go to take pics of waterfalls. I enjoy going to the Fall Creek Falls and some
other areas of West TN, as well as some of the NC locations. I haven't traveled to the Georgia area yet, but have been told there are some nice, accessible falls there to shoot as well. It is beautiful scenery no matter what one may be doing for recreation here in the south.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Protests In Greeneville Today 55 min yousef 16
Trump skips WW1 memorial 58 min yousef 28
Trump the uncaring 3 hr Me No Like Him 4
President Trump's Reelection Now Chiseled In Stone 3 hr the first of many 8
Amazon - Largest Jobs Commitment In Tennessee's... 3 hr TN jobs 7
Cat women 3 hr Skippy 3
kieth freshour??? (Dec '10) 4 hr Raveling54 39
Gary Ricker (Sep '12) Mon David 33

Greeneville Jobs

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages