Vols baby

Saint Petersburg, FL

#85 Sep 18, 2011
What don't kill you will make you stronger.

Since: Jul 11

Winnsboro, SC

#86 Sep 18, 2011
Believe but Verify.
farao maswanganyi

South Africa

#87 Jan 24, 2013
Never say never.

Since: Dec 12

United States

#88 Jan 24, 2013
Say What wrote:
"Whatever you do.....DO NOT MARRY HIM!"--people who knew what they were talking about!
Wished I had listened to that one.
"Living well is the best revenge." Oscar Wilde
Wow! This was me back before my old name got snagged. I was going to put exactly those words once again so I guess they hold true. Another favorite is "the only guarantees in life are death & taxes"--Benjamin Franklin. Given our current economy I thought this was especially appropriate.:)
raylan

United States

#89 Jan 25, 2013
Words of Wisdom wrote:
What is the wisest words you've ever heard? Perhaps a parent or a grandparent, mentor, tutor has told you something you'll never forget and live by it. My grandmother always told me 'Life's too short'. Amen Grandma!
dont count your chickfens before they hatch
o ld man

Johnson City, TN

#90 Jan 25, 2013
Admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#91 Jan 25, 2013
Green eyed women are mean. I really don't know where that came from but I don't buy it!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#92 Jan 25, 2013
Don't eat the yellow snow.
and
If a job is worth doing it's worth doing right.

“Many have died”

On the road to peace

#93 Jan 25, 2013
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit...

Followed closely by,

Don't put your pecker in there...
sage

Johnson City, TN

#94 Jan 25, 2013
Aint no fun when the rabbits got the gun
Alyagotado

Greeneville, TN

#95 Jan 25, 2013
The best revenge is living well.

People living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

He who smelt it dealt it.

Why is there never enouth time to do the job right, but there's always time to do it right?

You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar. But if you really want to catch the most flies, use a dead squirrel.

My Grandfather said that if a bear starts chasing you, then just reach around and throw some shit in its eyes. I asked him where I'd get the shit. He said, "Don't worry. I'ttle be there."
Sherm

Fenton, MO

#96 Jan 25, 2013
If it smells like colonge leave it alone,if it smells like fish eat all you wish!

United States

#97 Jan 25, 2013
Alyagotado wrote:
The best revenge is living well.
People living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
He who smelt it dealt it.
Why is there never enouth time to do the job right, but there's always time to do it right?
You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar. But if you really want to catch the most flies, use a dead squirrel.
My Grandfather said that if a bear starts chasing you, then just reach around and throw some shit in its eyes. I asked him where I'd get the shit. He said, "Don't worry. I'ttle be there."
Lol! Alas, you have returned!:) so if people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones does the same analogy apply that people who live in stone houses shouldn't throw glass?? Just wondering.....
ummm

Mount Juliet, TN

#98 Jan 25, 2013
It's hard to be humble when you know you're great.
Alyagotado

Greeneville, TN

#99 Jan 25, 2013
Nita Mann wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! Alas, you have returned!:) so if people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones does the same analogy apply that people who live in stone houses shouldn't throw glass?? Just wondering.....
I just pulled a double shift. Typo on one. It should be: Why is there never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it twice? And the answer to your question is,"No." People who are living in glass houses throw stones at their neighbors. People who live in stone houses throw from the inside. Looks like my place when my relatives come to visit.

United States

#100 Jan 25, 2013
Alyagotado wrote:
<quoted text> I just pulled a double shift. Typo on one. It should be: Why is there never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it twice? And the answer to your question is,"No." People who are living in glass houses throw stones at their neighbors. People who live in stone houses throw from the inside. Looks like my place when my relatives come to visit.
Thanks for the clarification. I didn't think the thing about being time to re-do made much sense but I didn't wanna be critical.:) Rest up from all that work!
Alyagotado

Greeneville, TN

#101 Jan 25, 2013
Nita Mann wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the clarification. I didn't think the thing about being time to re-do made much sense but I didn't wanna be critical.:) Rest up from all that work!
Ok, my darling. The statement refers that instead of doing a half-assed job in a hurry, just to get it done; and then you screw it up: You have to go back and do the same job over. Hence, "Why is there never enough time to do it right, but there's always time to do it twice." Not that this pertains to you in any way. With you, I would take the time to do it right, and then I'd do it twice. Then we could over-sleep and be late for work. Then we'll just call in sick and after I make you breakfast, we'll do it thrice!
trailerpark

Murfreesboro, TN

#102 Jan 25, 2013
you can take the girl out of the trailer park.but you cant get the trailer park out of the girl...so true...
Anon

Smyrna, TN

#103 Jan 25, 2013
Never pee into the wind

United States

#104 Jan 25, 2013
Alyagotado wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, my darling. The statement refers that instead of doing a half-assed job in a hurry, just to get it done; and then you screw it up: You have to go back and do the same job over. Hence, "Why is there never enough time to do it right, but there's always time to do it twice." Not that this pertains to you in any way. With you, I would take the time to do it right, and then I'd do it twice. Then we could over-sleep and be late for work. Then we'll just call in sick and after I make you breakfast, we'll do it thrice!
Whewweeeee! ;) I understood what you meant when you corrected but in the first post I knew something was amiss or i just missed it. I just figured you were drunk or high! HA :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shemp Sharpe = Tommy Bennett 1 hr wow 36
Stephen Jennings 1 hr curious 5
GHS Assistant Principal fired 2 hr Parent 40
Mary Shelton miss counts budget 2 hr so sad 12
Sexiest Men at John Deere!! (Dec '10) 6 hr needingsumattention 167
Wreck in from of Gondiler 6 hr hahaha 21
Nicole Hawkins (Jan '14) 7 hr shes cool 21
how to cope? 8 hr troubles 20
tiptons 8 hr klan 28
More from around the web