steve burns greene county sherriff

steve burns greene county sherriff

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Since: Jun 10

Fort Campbell, TN

#1 Nov 22, 2010
i have a question and it's been bugging me for a long time. Steve Burns was quoted as saying this in The Greeneville Sun "An 18-year-old girl who lived in northern Greene County before being killed Sunday suffered 151 stab wounds, County Sheriff Steve Burns said this morning, citing a preliminary autopsy report. "In my 27 years in law enforcement, I've been involved in a lot of homicide cases," the sheriff said. "But this is one of -if not the most - brutal case in which I've ever been involved." So now you tell me why if this was the most brutal case he has been involved in, then why did he let one of the people who plead guilty to conspiracy to commit first degree murder, out of jail to visit her sick grandmother, and then allowed to leave the jail to go to her grandmother's funeral. I didn't know that they let u out of jail for things like that. I know why she got out of jail because part of her family knows Steve Burns personally. So you tell me is this fair for her to get out of jail to pay her respects, when their are thousands of inmates who sit in prison while they lose their love ones, and they don't get to pay their respects.

Sheriff Burns said the preliminary report on the autopsy of Billie Jo Hensley's body also indicated that she died as a result of the multiple stab wounds.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#2 Nov 22, 2010
Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder and actually being the one who commited it are two very distinct things. I believe that letting the girl out for a funeral here in Greeneville was a safe enough thing to do. The girl who was murdered was killed by her brother. She was a good girl trying to do the right thing by telling her parents about the brothers' drug use and involvement with people he should not have been running around with. I remember this case very well as my daughter knew this girl and her family.It was a great tragedy, the family losing two children because of drugs.

Since: Jun 10

Fort Campbell, TN

#3 Nov 23, 2010
I'm not saying Billie Joe was a bad girl, I didn,t even know her I'm saying Latonnya Renea Stephens Crockett should never see the outside of a jail cell again they all 4 should have got life in prison, I don't care who stabbed her. Latonnya knew they was going to kill this girl, she should have said something before they actually killed her, instead of after.
Trouble

Waterloo, Canada

#4 Nov 23, 2010
sweetheart79 wrote:
i have a question and it's been bugging me for a long time. Steve Burns was quoted as saying this in The Greeneville Sun "An 18-year-old girl who lived in northern Greene County before being killed Sunday suffered 151 stab wounds, County Sheriff Steve Burns said this morning, citing a preliminary autopsy report. "In my 27 years in law enforcement, I've been involved in a lot of homicide cases," the sheriff said. "But this is one of -if not the most - brutal case in which I've ever been involved." So now you tell me why if this was the most brutal case he has been involved in, then why did he let one of the people who plead guilty to conspiracy to commit first degree murder, out of jail to visit her sick grandmother, and then allowed to leave the jail to go to her grandmother's funeral. I didn't know that they let u out of jail for things like that. I know why she got out of jail because part of her family knows Steve Burns personally. So you tell me is this fair for her to get out of jail to pay her respects, when their are thousands of inmates who sit in prison while they lose their love ones, and they don't get to pay their respects.
Sheriff Burns said the preliminary report on the autopsy of Billie Jo Hensley's body also indicated that she died as a result of the multiple stab wounds.
And you're JUST NOW bringing this up WHY?! Because you're like everyone else on this site and just think about stuff to start shit! I hope u know this is gonna get u nowhere! Steve is a great Sheriff and person in general! Stop hating and go find something else to do!
mr_biggerstaff

Greer, SC

#5 Nov 23, 2010
Even federal inmates get to go to immediate families funerals just not while everyone is at the funeral home

Since: Jun 10

Fort Campbell, TN

#6 Nov 23, 2010
I'm sorry but I think Steve is a terrible sheriff, and this is not the only reason why.
mr_biggerstaff

Clover, SC

#7 Nov 23, 2010
Did you vote ? If not it doesn't matter what you think of him lol
Law Abiding Citizen

Hendersonville, TN

#8 Nov 23, 2010
sweetheart79 wrote:
I'm sorry but I think Steve is a terrible sheriff, and this is not the only reason why.
The other reason is that he probably put some of your family in jail.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#9 Nov 23, 2010
I really don't see to many people posting on here with there true feelings in fear that he will find out and then hell will break loose!
that is so silly

Waterloo, Canada

#10 Nov 24, 2010
Steve has better things to do then worry about what wrote about him on topix, steve is a good sherriff, and a good person. Leave him alone and let him do his job.
the one and only

Kingsport, TN

#11 Nov 24, 2010
steve burns is far from a good sheriff! he is so crooked. but what person in greene county isnt that works for him. thats y all the drug dealers get out of alot of things cause he takes the drugs for his use. like when steve burns wrecked his car a few years ago while on duty the ambulance literally did 10 mile and hour till they got to where the ambulance could be seen from the accident. NO ONE cares about steve burns. sorry to hurt ur feeling but terry should have got it this go around not burns! the deputies will even tell u he is a crappy person.
that is so silly

Waterloo, Canada

#12 Nov 24, 2010
Could be because he makes them do their job!, And steve does not take the drugs, did he fire you or arrest you?
Red Cloud

Fort Campbell, TN

#13 Nov 24, 2010
the one and only wrote:
steve burns is far from a good sheriff! he is so crooked. but what person in greene county isnt that works for him. thats y all the drug dealers get out of alot of things cause he takes the drugs for his use. like when steve burns wrecked his car a few years ago while on duty the ambulance literally did 10 mile and hour till they got to where the ambulance could be seen from the accident. NO ONE cares about steve burns. sorry to hurt ur feeling but terry should have got it this go around not burns! the deputies will even tell u he is a crappy person.
The people of Greeneville and Greene County have spoken yet once again....... and Steve Burns was elected sheriff! He beat Terry Jones worse this time than ever. ANyone who knows Steve Burns knows he doesn't take drugs!!! Now, you need to get back on your pill/drug topic because it's apparent you are on something.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14 Nov 24, 2010
I am sure steve don't do illegal drugs! He does not have to read topix there is enough people who do read it to get it back to him. One of his deputys already got talked to for posting there opinion on the jail so like I said no truth will every come out!
Red Cloud

Fort Campbell, TN

#15 Nov 24, 2010
The truth did come out about your buddy Terry Jones, and that's why he wasn't elected sheriff for the THIRD time.
ashley

United States

#16 Nov 25, 2010
steve is a good man! he doesn't do any kind of drugs! you all are crazy, stop hatin cuz he took your pills or weed and you lost some of your income! get a real job and get a life!
Get your facts straight

Johnson City, TN

#17 Apr 12, 2011
the one and only wrote:
steve burns is far from a good sheriff! he is so crooked. but what person in greene county isnt that works for him. thats y all the drug dealers get out of alot of things cause he takes the drugs for his use. like when steve burns wrecked his car a few years ago while on duty the ambulance literally did 10 mile and hour till they got to where the ambulance could be seen from the accident. NO ONE cares about steve burns. sorry to hurt ur feeling but terry should have got it this go around not burns! the deputies will even tell u he is a crappy person.
Where was this wreck at that he supposedly had? That's right. He hasn't had a wreck the entire time he's been in office. I hate to rehash this topic, but you people make me laugh.
kathy

Gallatin, TN

#18 Apr 12, 2011
tonya Stevens should never have been let get out of jail she is a murderer just like the other one. I live in the community and the neighbors which she was not around here anywhere. I had better not catch her anywhere near my property, I will have her arrested for trespassing. I know the entire family, nothing but trash, but what do expect from a cansler like her mother, aunts, uncle people she went to school with don't want her around send her back to jail
FAKR

Marion, VA

#19 Apr 12, 2011
Has my vote, respect, and support...
UCantHandleDaTru th

United States

#20 Apr 12, 2011
He was fired from DTF for stealing then we make him.our sheriff. Gotta love Greene county.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PLEASE help me! 42 min Mrs Roberson 1
Stacey hunt 42 min Boo 9
I've had your woman (Sep '15) 46 min Ole D Slinger 14
Hot girl at huf 2 hr Uhh 7
Who's this Tommy on every post? 2 hr Lol 39
AntiTrump FBI Agent fired over role in Clinton ... 3 hr deplorable smellfie 9
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 4 hr Princess Hey 11,311
News Cursing, Accusations Lobbed At County Committee 23 hr scholar 46
County Clerk 23 hr Lol 44

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages