ricardos Italian village

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

second chance

Greeneville, TN

#1 Jul 12, 2013
They were hiring couple of weeks ago, said they didn't hire if you had been in jail. They guy in the back has been couple of times and he works there. That's OK to make your own rules as you go. I found another place to work
Hmm

Jonesborough, TN

#2 Jul 12, 2013
second chance wrote:
They were hiring couple of weeks ago, said they didn't hire if you had been in jail. They guy in the back has been couple of times and he works there. That's OK to make your own rules as you go. I found another place to work
Are you a cook in jail now?
bob

Greeneville, TN

#3 Jul 12, 2013
They smoke funny cigars in the back. Not smart posting pictures lol

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4 Jul 13, 2013
Food sucks compared to joes. HEY BOSS!
country boy

United States

#5 Jul 14, 2013
I like the food but think it depends on whose cooking.
The Dude

Owatonna, MN

#6 Jul 14, 2013
The food is quite lacking! With such a limited menu, why is it hard to get this right? Case in point, the have salads that are iceberg lettuce, which is a poor option of greens, and much of the salad is the white core that you're supposed to dispose of. I had lasagna one day and it was as thin as a slice of pizza! Even the decent entrees are mediocre at best.
William

Greeneville, TN

#7 Jul 14, 2013
The Dude wrote:
The food is quite lacking! With such a limited menu, why is it hard to get this right? Case in point, the have salads that are iceberg lettuce, which is a poor option of greens, and much of the salad is the white core that you're supposed to dispose of. I had lasagna one day and it was as thin as a slice of pizza! Even the decent entrees are mediocre at best.
If you want top notch Italian food, then try the New York/ New Jersey metropolitan area. They are known for that stuff. Nothing
in Greeneville even comes close.
The Dude

Owatonna, MN

#8 Jul 14, 2013
William wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want top notch Italian food, then try the New York/ New Jersey metropolitan area. They are known for that stuff. Nothing
in Greeneville even comes close.
I am not looking for top notch food. I've traveled all over the world and know good food. And I understand that the Italian Village isn't going to compare to the authentic Italian you can get in the Northeast, but would like something edible. Much of their food doesn't pass that test. It isn't hard to raise the bar a bit and at least have quality (have some fresh greens in your salad, put some cheese on your pizza and make sure your lasagna isn't paper thin).
Heeler

Greeneville, TN

#9 Jul 14, 2013
Another closure coming soon.
tommy9998

Greeneville, TN

#10 Jul 15, 2013
Is a great place to eat come in I love it
Joke

Greeneville, TN

#11 Jul 18, 2013
They're going to close the doors soon. Their food is awful!!!!!!!!! Cold and hard piece of chicken with the chicken Parmesan. Unfriendly staff. Poor service and low quality. Wish we had a real Italian restaurant in this town.
Yuck

Johnson City, TN

#12 Jul 18, 2013
I ate there a few months ago and was schocked. The menus where white peices of paper that had been copied 50 times half sideways. They didn't even have any pasta on the menu at all. Just pizza and sandwiches. We had to ask if they served lasagna at a freaking Italian Rest. Now I wish we hadn't cause it was burnt on the bottom with little flavor and cold. And service sucked. oh and the atmosphere does too. They should have left it like Ella's had it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
***** last post wins ***** 26 min Trunketeer 224
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 27 min Trunketeer 4,955
Charles Manson to marry.... 2 hr Release 7
wreck 2 hr Release 17
Why I get on topix 4 hr Trunketeer 40
Real Army wives, amendment 1 4 hr Dixie iron fist 4
Park Overall Again 5 hr numbnuts 13
Carrie at the Bean Barn 8 hr Jerome 23
What happened to Sweet CeCe's 16 hr Trunketeer 28

High Wind Warning for Greene County was issued at November 23 at 1:13PM CST