Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns

Oct 4, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Corner

Imagine your home catches fire but the local fire department won't respond, then watches it burn.

Comments (Page 2,820)

Showing posts 56,381 - 56,400 of58,245
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

"Identity Of Famous 19th-Century Brain Discovered."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/identity-famous-19th-ce...
just because

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

dont worry by letting that house burn it will come back to bite each of their asses.no one can be cruel to another human being and get by with it.sit back in the years to come and watch their house hold.this isnt about money.its about a heart that they lost that day. life is funny somtimes.

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

just because wrote:
dont worry by letting that house burn it will come back to bite each of their asses.no one can be cruel to another human being and get by with it.sit back in the years to come and watch their house hold.this isnt about money.its about a heart that they lost that day. life is funny somtimes.
Familiarize yourself with the details before you post your knee-jerk reactions.

“Chillaxin”

Since: May 11

:)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
"Identity Of Famous 19th-Century Brain Discovered."
Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/identity-famous-19th-ce...
Are you still spamming this thread?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Maverick 808 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you still spamming this thread?
No...but I think you are....probably still picking Pineapples, too.
really

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>Familiarize yourself with the details before you post your knee-jerk reactions.
dont worry they will get their day .what comes around goes around.its call karma.heres the details :they stood and watched someones house burn and could of put it out.thats the only fact there is......

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

really wrote:
<quoted text>dont worry they will get their day .what comes around goes around.its call karma.heres the details :they stood and watched someones house burn and could of put it out.thats the only fact there is......
Which goes to show how much you do not know about the facts.
FACTS:
1. Their grandson started a trash fire during a burn ban then went in to take a shower leaving that fire unattended.
2. The trash fire started a grass fire which they fought themselves with a garden hose for two hours before it reached the shed next to the home. When the shed and mobile home caught fire, then and only then, they called 911. Have you ever seen how fast a trailer burns? It was beyond saving before they could respond. So they could not have saved anything.
3. The county has no FD so the city provides the service to paid subscribers only. This was this family's 4th fire in 10 years so they knew this policy. The city sends out 2 bills for the fee then follows up with phone calls. There is no way he "forgot". In fact on TV he said that he thought they would put the fire out even if he didn't pay, but he was wrong.
4. When the fire spread to the neighbors field, the FD responded because the neighbor paid the fee. They stayed to be sure it did not spread anymore.
5. They lost 3 dogs and a cat that were LOCKED in the shed. I think they could have moved them in 2 hours. Shoot in 2 hours they could have moved most everything out of a trailer.
6. The firemen should not risk their lives to save "stuff". There were no human lives at risk and the animals should never have been locked in the shed.

Like I said. Familiarize yourself with the details and not just a headline aimed at getting a knee-jerk response.

“Chillaxin”

Since: May 11

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
No...but I think you are....probably still picking Pineapples, too.
Nope, went to the beach for a little while. It was a nice warm day.
really

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>Which goes to show how much you do not know about the facts.
FACTS:
1. Their grandson started a trash fire during a burn ban then went in to take a shower leaving that fire unattended.
2. The trash fire started a grass fire which they fought themselves with a garden hose for two hours before it reached the shed next to the home. When the shed and mobile home caught fire, then and only then, they called 911. Have you ever seen how fast a trailer burns? It was beyond saving before they could respond. So they could not have saved anything.
3. The county has no FD so the city provides the service to paid subscribers only. This was this family's 4th fire in 10 years so they knew this policy. The city sends out 2 bills for the fee then follows up with phone calls. There is no way he "forgot". In fact on TV he said that he thought they would put the fire out even if he didn't pay, but he was wrong.
4. When the fire spread to the neighbors field, the FD responded because the neighbor paid the fee. They stayed to be sure it did not spread anymore.
5. They lost 3 dogs and a cat that were LOCKED in the shed. I think they could have moved them in 2 hours. Shoot in 2 hours they could have moved most everything out of a trailer.
6. The firemen should not risk their lives to save "stuff". There were no human lives at risk and the animals should never have been locked in the shed.
Like I said. Familiarize yourself with the details and not just a headline aimed at getting a knee-jerk response.
IT DONT MAKE NO DIFFERENCE PUT THE FIRE OUT STUPID.
really

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

WOW YOU WAS THERE.YOU ARE A PERSON WITH NO RESPECT FOR ANOTHER HUMAN BEINGS FELLINGS.YOU GOT THE FACTS AND NO HEART

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Most of the Posters on here don't even know what compassion is, much less have any of it!

“DaJudge's Rulings Are Final”

Since: Sep 10

Proud to be a Troll

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

really wrote:
<quoted text>IT DONT MAKE NO DIFFERENCE PUT THE FIRE OUT STUPID.
After burning for 2 hours, nothing could be saved. They did prevent it from spreading to the neighbor's house. Had the fire spread to next door, it would have cost him a lot more because he could have been sued. They didn't have enough water to put out the fire that had started to spread and Gene's fire too. Gene's property could not be saved. Enough of this SES(self entitlement syndrome) bullshit. People need to be accountable for their own actions. Is it sad that it happened?? Yes. But, Gene knew the chance he was taking by not paying the bill.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Michael Schroeder wrote:
<quoted text>....I Agree....Compassion is a Beautiful Quality. Have a Good Night Beautiful.
And a "Good Night" to you also, Mr. Schroeder.:)
YEAH YOU DID IT

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

WarriorJudge wrote:
<quoted text>
After burning for 2 hours, nothing could be saved. They did prevent it from spreading to the neighbor's house. Had the fire spread to next door, it would have cost him a lot more because he could have been sued. They didn't have enough water to put out the fire that had started to spread and Gene's fire too. Gene's property could not be saved. Enough of this SES(self entitlement syndrome) bullshit. People need to be accountable for their own actions. Is it sad that it happened?? Yes. But, Gene knew the chance he was taking by not paying the bill.
IT DONT MAKE NO DIFFERENCE PUT THE FIRE OUT .
YEAH YOU DID IT

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
And a "Good Night" to you also, Mr. Schroeder.:)
THATS JUST IT THERE WAS NO COMPANSION.IF THE FIRE WAS ALMOST BURN DOWN WHEN THEY GOT THERE ,THEN THEY SHOULD OF HAD ENOUGH WATER TO PUT IT OUT.AND WHY WOULD YOU GO TO A FIRE WITHOUT ENOUGH WATER TO BEGIN WITH.
YEAH YOU DID IT

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

YEAH YOU DID IT wrote:
<quoted text>IT DONT MAKE NO DIFFERENCE PUT THE FIRE OUT .
THANK GOD YOU HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO PAY YOUR BILLS....???

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

really wrote:
<quoted text>IT DONT MAKE NO DIFFERENCE PUT THE FIRE OUT STUPID.
putting the fire out would only have made a bigger mess to clean up. nothing would have been saved. trailers burn too fast. here is an idea. you pay their fee for them. or are you too heartless?
YEAH YOU DID IT

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

YEAH YOU DID IT wrote:
<quoted text>THATS JUST IT THERE WAS NO COMPASION.IF THE FIRE WAS ALMOST BURN DOWN WHEN THEY GOT THERE ,THEN THEY SHOULD OF HAD ENOUGH WATER TO PUT IT OUT.AND WHY WOULD YOU GO TO A FIRE WITHOUT ENOUGH WATER TO BEGIN WITH.
LETS LET ONE MANS HOUSE BURN AND LET THAT MAN WATCH YOU AS YOU PUT HOUSE BESIDE IT OUT ,NOW CTHATS COMPASION,,,,STOP ALL THE MONEY BULLSHIT...IF SOME IS GETTING HURT IN THE HOUSE BESIDE ME ,I HOPE BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE HOUSE INSURANCE DONT KEEP ME FROM TRYING TO HELP THEM.LORD KNOWS I COULD GET HURT DOING IT AND THEY CANT PAY FOR MY HOSPITAL BILL.IM SURE THE MAN UPSTAIRS WILL HELP ME.
YEAH YOU DID IT

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
putting the fire out would only have made a bigger mess to clean up. nothing would have been saved. trailers burn too fast. here is an idea. you pay their fee for them. or are you too heartless?
LETS GET TO THE MONEY .HOPE THAT YOU HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO GET THROUGH THE GATE UPSTAIRS

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

YEAH YOU DID IT wrote:
<quoted text>THATS JUST IT THERE WAS NO COMPANSION.IF THE FIRE WAS ALMOST BURN DOWN WHEN THEY GOT THERE ,THEN THEY SHOULD OF HAD ENOUGH WATER TO PUT IT OUT.AND WHY WOULD YOU GO TO A FIRE WITHOUT ENOUGH WATER TO BEGIN WITH.
first STOP YELLING. it is rude.
second. their pumper pumps 600 gpm. their tanker carries 3000 gallons. thats 5 minutes and they are out of water then an round trip to being more. you obviously know nothing about firefighting.
third. as i said before the ones who have no compassion are those like you who expect the firefighters to risk life for "stuff".
fourth. the firefighters were following orders they do not own the equipment. the city does. paid for by city taxpayers.
fifth. because of people like you, the city stopped responding to the county, leaving them with no protection. good job.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 56,381 - 56,400 of58,245
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

128 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Biggest pill heads 3 min hate that ho 12
We need this man as our President 3 min Girl 49
A Great Big Fck You 3 min LOL 153
DAVID CRUM is a Democrat 6 min oak ridge 9
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 8 min WTSenior 123,885
I love this forum because?????? 12 min Being Frank 224
Greene County Mayor's Race 46 min Voter 95
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE