Usually Silent Bystander

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2010

I don't know what to say about the food as I haven't ate there in a long time due to it being out of my way. But as far as the singing goes, its called karaoke. It's not for professionals dumbass, it's for amatuer people who want to sing. If your so good get up there and show them how to do it.
Anonymous

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2010

Usually Silent Bystander wrote:
I don't know what to say about the food as I haven't ate there in a long time due to it being out of my way. But as far as the singing goes, its called karaoke. It's not for professionals dumbass, it's for amatuer people who want to sing. If your so good get up there and show them how to do it.
all i know is for all of you to by pass the homestead and go down to fat boyz
Regular Guest

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2010

Fat boyz is never open after lunch
wait

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2010

Um, fat boyz learned ALL their recipes from the homestead, is what i heard? Is that true?
Porky Pig

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2010

Judged:

Who cares where they learned them. If so, they can actually follow the recipe. Their food doesn't taste like turd.
wait

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Porky Pig wrote:
Who cares where they learned them. If so, they can actually follow the recipe. Their food doesn't taste like turd.
I asked if it was true or not dumbass, read the question. Thanks :)
excustomer

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2010

Judged:

The last time i went there we waited fifteen minutes before anyone noticed we were there. Then we overheard the waitresses in back arguing over who would had to wait on us. No one ever did so we left and won't be back.
Anonymous

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

wait wrote:
Um, fat boyz learned ALL their recipes from the homestead, is what i heard? Is that true?
well try them both out and see for yourself but no its not true and if it was apparently fat boyz can do it better anyway but no
Not going back

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2010

Judged:

I hadn't been there since the fire, and some family wanted to go try it. After sitting there for 15 minutes we finally got a waitress. It would be different if they were busy but we were the only people there. Well us and the hippie that was referred to earlier. We ordered and it took half an hour to get our food. When we finally got to eat he wouldn't leave us alone so we could eat. My food was also burnt to a crisp. After we ate we were told we got homemade cake that came with our meal. Well we sat there for another 10 minutes and it never came. The waitress just stood 10 feet away and gave us a rude look while waiting for us to leave. Very unhappy needless to say. I highly recommend avoiding this place.
Sheesh

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2010

wait wrote:
Honey, Fat Boyz blows anything Homestead ever had out of the water!! I've never known anyone else to make chocolate gravy. I love that stuff.
um yeah

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2010

whos that gurl wrote:
<quoted text>well try them both out and see for yourself but no its not true and if it was apparently fat boyz can do it better anyway but no
Anthony ( the owner of Fat Boyz ) did learn to cook at the homestead. I know this because I've known him for 15 years. Not taking away from him or his business because Anthony is on top of his game, but those are the facts. The Homestead used to stay full of customers, but when Fat Boyz opened they took a lot of Homesteads business. Then add to that an old owner ( no disrespect ) who is ready for retirement, and lazy drugged up waitresses at the Homestead, they are bound to suffer. In the right hands The Homestead could bounce back, but I don't see it happening any time soon.
damaged

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2010

Only thing keeping them going is the senior citizen karaoke night I'd say!
here kitty

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2010

When it burnt back in the day..During clean-up a dead cat was found in the kitchen. One of the owners laughed and said it was used for pest control. All the times you've eaten there..Just remember that. I'm sure the beloved cat has been replaced with a new one.This is FacT
no diggity

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2010

i heard the same thing from someone that was there after the fire
Just Me

Gallatin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2010

At one time Homesteads food was the best, but now it's Fat Boyz.

All though I will have to say that Fat Boyz food has went down hill a bit.

Those waitress work there butts off, that's the way it should be at every place.
Agnus

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2010

Never had crappy service @ homestead & the biscuits & gravy,s always good.I hate y'all had a bad experience.No complaints here.As for the old white haired guy,get over yourself.He's just being friendly.
check the stories of both

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2010

whos that gurl wrote:
<quoted text>well try them both out and see for yourself but no its not true and if it was apparently fat boyz can do it better anyway but no
ok so anthony that owns fat boys did work at the homestead for a long time. but he is a better cook than what they have down there now. i have known them all for years. i used to work with them down there
Town

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2010

Fat Boyz has been open quiet a while. One of the owners (Homestead) daughers even worked for Anthony.
What has all that got to do with what the Homestead has become.
citygirl - new york

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2010

To make a comment, there are just as much drug heads at Fat Boys.. You just cant see them, there all on the back porch making drug deals. And, one of them left.. but i'm sure she'll be back. And, one's in the kitchen. And, as far as all Restraunts in Greeneville they all have this in every restraunt. I eat at the Homestead everyday and its been nothing but great. The waitresses make you feel at home. The lady that runs the cashregister is wonderful and makes you feel at home.. Never have had that experience that you all are talking about. But, have had it at other restraunts. The people that run it now since the old owner went out is wonderful people and would help you out with anything they could. And as far as the StarLight Club, you must of enjoyed it and the people that got the crap beat out of them must of liked it to cause you seen them there every weekend wanting more from what i hear.
whos the gurl

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2010

who the hell are you to say they do drugs to you know them...have you seen them...okay didnt think so and as far as the back porch u cant even see the back porch so u wouldnt know thats where they smoke cigs and as far as i know it not illegal those girls work their butt off and the cooks are awesome apparently u know someone at homestead to be spreaded these rumors if u didnt like fat boyz thats fine but dnt go on here puttin shit u dnt know the truth about but as far as the rest of you fat boyz is an wonderful place to eat food is great and the staff are wonderful
citygirl - new york wrote:
To make a comment, there are just as much drug heads at Fat Boys.. You just cant see them, there all on the back porch making drug deals. And, one of them left.. but i'm sure she'll be back. And, one's in the kitchen. And, as far as all Restraunts in Greeneville they all have this in every restraunt. I eat at the Homestead everyday and its been nothing but great. The waitresses make you feel at home. The lady that runs the cashregister is wonderful and makes you feel at home.. Never have had that experience that you all are talking about. But, have had it at other restraunts. The people that run it now since the old owner went out is wonderful people and would help you out with anything they could. And as far as the StarLight Club, you must of enjoyed it and the people that got the crap beat out of them must of liked it to cause you seen them there every weekend wanting more from what i hear.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

51 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Wayne Swinney 8 min know the story 2
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 26 min Julia 140,775
76 Year Old Veteran Arrested for Asking Public ... 31 min Hateful B 192
So, who do YOU wanna see NAKED ! ? ! ? ! (Oct '10) 1 hr cretin56 269
Policeman Teddy Lawing 1 hr homer 8
Sheriff Department Budget 2 hr Phil Ricker 30
ROE lets Veterans down at VA mountain home 2 hr Letting Veterans down 34
Where does Mayor Broyles live?? 6 hr praying 25
Mayor loses his cool in meeting lol 7 hr Sunshine 126
Lost respect for GPD 10 hr Dr Wu 28
•••
•••
•••
•••