What goes around comes around. Glad he couldn't pay his way out
tara

Greeneville, TN

#3 Apr 6, 2014
Mfin snitches this town full of em!
watchdawg

Greeneville, TN

#4 Apr 6, 2014
By Jamie Satterfield, The Knoxville News-Sentinel, Tenn.
McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
April 04--A Greeneville doctor accused of smoking crack in between patients is now facing a federal health care fraud indictment.

Dr. Robert Locklear was arraigned this week in U.S. District Court in Greeneville on charges that include conspiracy to distribute cocaine, health care fraud and conspiracy to commit mail fraud.

According to the indictment, Locklear operated two clinics from the same Greeneville building -- Trinity Internal Medicine and Sleep, and Trinity Recovery Clinic.

In May 2013, Locklear became a target of narcotics officers in Greeneville when a former employee of the sleep clinic told authorities Locklear had been smoking crack "in between patient visits," according to Tennessee Department of Health records.

A few weeks later, Locklear admitted to police he planted cocaine in the ex-employee's laundry hamper in retaliation and had more than $1,500 worth of cocaine in his pocket, the records showed.

He was charged in state court with drug-related charges, and the Tennessee Board of Medical Examiners suspended his license to practice medicine.

A federal probe followed and focused on the sleep clinic and the recovery clinic, where opiate-addicted patients were prescribed suboxone, an opioid designed to curb cravings and withdrawal side effects, the indictment showed.

The indictment stated Locklear employed medical assistants, none of whom were authorized by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration to prescribe drugs. All were supposed to work only under the close supervision of a doctor, the indictment stated.

The indictment accuses Locklear of conspiring to rip off government-funded health care programs such as Medicare and TennCare from February 2012 to June 2013 by billing the insurance programs for services he said he rendered but instead were carried out by his unlicensed assistants.

"Locklear was physically absent from the medical practices during periods when the medical practices were open for business and providing medical services to patients who were enrolled in health care benefits programs, knowing that no employees at the practices were licensed to provide medical services in his absence," Assistant U.S. Attorney Donald Taylor wrote.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Dennis Inman has set a June 5 trial in the case. Locklear is free on $20,000 bond.
dang

Sevierville, TN

#5 Apr 6, 2014
He always was a shady/creepy little dude. This doesn't surprise me a bit. And no, you can't usually buy your way out of federal troubles. He'll take some type of plea and probably go sway for a few years.. Smh
Treeman51

Elizabethton, TN

#6 Apr 7, 2014
Sounds like he's on his way to Club Fed. I was one of his patients and hope I don't get a conspiracy charge for just getting my pain meds from him. On more than one occasion I got my prescription after being told he was " Out of the office". Yeah, out of the office smoking crack in the motel next door.....
fedup

West Columbia, SC

#7 Apr 7, 2014
theres been all kinds of pillheads and bath salts goin on in that hotel just like all the others not surprised their doing crack there now too
fedup

West Columbia, SC

#8 Apr 7, 2014
need to be watchin the andrew jonson one too
TC Alum

West Columbia, SC

#9 Apr 7, 2014
And THIS my friends is a lot of the reason for outrageous insurance premiums. Insurance fraud and doctors' greed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mt. Mckinley, Alaska 51 min guest 4
Greene valley 52 min Question 28
Brittany Johnson & Ashley Johnson 56 min Friend of a Friend 10
Just found out a dirty secret from my friend 56 min Sheriff Larry 22
The Persecution Begins 1 hr guest 87
Terry Renner Jr. 1 hr Terry Renner 9
Dennis Shipley 1 hr Dennis Shipley 27
Flag at the hill. 2 hr Phil_is_Right 34
Poll Do you think its time for these 'Flag Freaks' t... 2 hr Phil_is_Right 17
Cheatin'' cops. Who are they? 3 hr Intheknow 21