11E upgrade in Chuckey
Government Cheese

Greeneville, TN

#1 Oct 12, 2013
They did a fine job with the upgrade in Chuckey but what was really done that was so drastic a change. I know they put in a couple of turning lanes and lowered the speed limit to 55 but that doesn't change the fact that you still have to actually STOP and LOOK and make sure no cars are coming before entering the highway, which I notice that some folks still do not do. What about the turns before and after this one which are just as dangerous as the one they upgraded. Will these too get the two million dollar face lifts? There is a wreck almost every week at the intersection turning on to the old Chuckey road at the golf course. What to do there, another red light? The truly sad part is that there will continue to be lives lost at these and all intersections up and down the 11E until people just use common driving sense. But hey I live here and I know how people drive.
Truth

Greeneville, TN

#2 Oct 13, 2013
I agree with you. I travel this road everyday and have had a car cross in front of me every single day single day before, during and after this roadwork was done. Don't think lowering the speed limit will help either because if you do 55 people pass you like you are backing up. Nothing has changed there. I guess people don't think these changes were made for them, just the other guy. Just a matter of time the wrecks will start happening again. Oh, and I believe they think the STOP signs are just there for decoration cause they sure don't do it.
Sheep

Smartt, TN

#3 Oct 13, 2013
The 351 crossing is a joke! last night coming home from JC taking that right to go on Rheatown road you have to come to a complete stop to turn off the bypass the turn is way to sharp since they added the 2 lanes for pulling out off Rheatown rd, they'll be more wrecks
mayhem

Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

#4 Oct 13, 2013
Two million dollars wasted. They can fix ALL the roads around here but they can't fix these terrible drivers in Greene County. Many seem to not even know which side of the road they're supposed to drive on much less obeying signs, turn lanes, etc. Worse I've seen anywhere!
Government Cheese

Greeneville, TN

#5 Oct 13, 2013
Sheep wrote:
The 351 crossing is a joke! last night coming home from JC taking that right to go on Rheatown road you have to come to a complete stop to turn off the bypass the turn is way to sharp since they added the 2 lanes for pulling out off Rheatown rd, they'll be more wrecks
I thought the idea behind the upgrade was to add turning merge lanes on both side to get the traffic off the road before turning. One more while I'm solving the worlds problems, didn't they have a couple more tons of asphalt let over to fix that damn sink hole in the highway heading West toward Greeneville?
Agree

Johnson City, TN

#6 Oct 13, 2013
I have driven through there several times during construction and after and I see no improvements at all. I can't see how this is going help anything. A huge waste of money!
Susie Q

Greeneville, TN

#7 Oct 13, 2013
Complete, complete, complete waste of time and money.
truth

Greeneville, TN

#9 Oct 16, 2013
What good are merging lanes going to do when the biggest problem is that no one stops at the signs. The problem is that they cross in front of traffic from one side to the other without ever stopping in the median. It's just a straight shot across for most of them. Nothing accomplished in my book.

“Cure 4 ignorance-> Knowledge!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#10 Oct 16, 2013
Truth... You are SO right! And they made the median larger so that MORE cars could pile up on top of one another and cause chaos as the first car that pulled up waits to be the last to cross... Because everyone else is in such a hurry... I sat on Rheatown road and watched as 4 cars pulled into the median while one was already there... One of the cars pulled from Chuckey Pike, thru the median and then on to Rheatown road as that first car still sat waiting for safety.:-( it's unreal!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
amanda everhart 2 hr White boy Bob 9
What's GVDC gonna turn into ? 4 hr Atticus Finch 24
Do you believe in God? 5 hr Atticus Finch 12
Publix Has Finally Arrived! 5 hr Atticus Finch 31
Miranda Finley 6 hr Curious 1
Billy bowman 7 hr just wondering 8
cya 7 hr Atticus Finch 10

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance