Chuckey

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

How is it that one day you are "best" friends with someone and the next day its like you no longer exist to that person??? Maybe you were never truly friends, but can someone truly fake a friendship for twenty years?? I just don't get it....

“~Love conquers all~”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

mamabear21582 wrote:
How is it that one day you are "best" friends with someone and the next day its like you no longer exist to that person??? Maybe you were never truly friends, but can someone truly fake a friendship for twenty years?? I just don't get it....
I had a best-friend, she and i were like sisters, actually closer to me than my biological sister and I are/were.. for 17 years. I've asked myself those exact questions you asked many, many times? Throughout our being friends we knew everything about one another; a best friend that was in the delivery room with me when I gave birth to my son.. Iv been appalled by her in the last 5 years; 3 years or so back we began having play dates with our kids and talking again until all of a sudden, poof, "sometimes people just grow apart" she replied, when I asked her why she 'all of a sudden' didn't reciprocate my efforts of communication. She has another friend that's become more important and that friend and I don't care for one another; that other friend lives a fake life pretending to be rich n famous (her step daddy is a doctor) anyways i believe my x b-friend likes this lifestyle and her other friend is domineering to where the x b/f just passively goes along with her demands? I'm now over it, but it was hurtful and I don't fully 'get it' either, however nowadays there's a lot about several I know il never 'get' so I try not to waste time toggling over it.. Iv a life of my own to live, so Iv tried simply moving past those years and memories, taking one day at a time, living life being a good person, working hard towards a bright hopeful future for my son and I.. I wish you good luck and by sharing just wanted you to know your not the only one out there who's recently asked that same question!

“I'm perfectly imperfect”

Chuckey

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

When we were in high school he stayed with me more than at home... was there for him when his daddy passed away... he named one of my kids.. I was at his wedding... we use to talk all the time... now he is staying with some ppl about 5 minutes from my house and never do I see or talk to him...he recently had a family member pass away... I had to read about it on Facebook... I didn't text him or anything.... I'm aboutover it... just don't get ppl... then other "frIends" replace you like you never existed... this is hard only because my kids love their kids... then you just become a convenience to others... they text when they need advice, a babysitter or something else... it gets old... is it really that hard to find a friend... I do have a great friend, GApeachTNflower...:) I try not to worry about the others but when the kids start asking why they don't see them anymore you have to tell them something.... I'm sorry about your friendship, but I do wish you and your son the best... remember as long as you have him you always have a bestfriend :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

mamabear21582 wrote:
When we were in high school he stayed with me more than at home... was there for him when his daddy passed away... he named one of my kids.. I was at his wedding... we use to talk all the time... now he is staying with some ppl about 5 minutes from my house and never do I see or talk to him...he recently had a family member pass away... I had to read about it on Facebook... I didn't text him or anything.... I'm aboutover it... just don't get ppl... then other "frIends" replace you like you never existed... this is hard only because my kids love their kids... then you just become a convenience to others... they text when they need advice, a babysitter or something else... it gets old... is it really that hard to find a friend... I do have a great friend, GApeachTNflower...:) I try not to worry about the others but when the kids start asking why they don't see them anymore you have to tell them something.... I'm sorry about your friendship, but I do wish you and your son the best... remember as long as you have him you always have a bestfriend :)
I'll be your friend!!

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

People are sorry as hell. That's the answer.

Since: Dec 12

Nebo, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

It is hard to accept where we care about someone & suddenly "things change". I used to blame myself & wonder what had I done, said, not done, not said, etc. Sometimes people go through changes which might have nothing to do with you. They might have "inner demons" from their childhood over some issue, fall into the wrong crowd, behave strange & it has nothing to do with you.

You can try to love someone and support them through whatever; however, some people are JUST USERS & NOTHING MORE! They dont give and take as you should in a friendship.They just take take take. They will drain you emotionally and financially but aren't there when you need them. When that happens, ask yourself if you are really better off. I'm betting the answer will be "yes!"

Chuckey

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

I realize people change and we tend to grow apart but this person was a very important part of my life... my mama thought of him as a son... do I think my life is better without him, no I really don't... I miss him and how close we use to be... I know life must go on and it will but sometimes its hard to accept...

As for others, I now stand my ground and no longer let people use me... I didn't mind at first but then it got old... i treat people with respect and I don't use anyone... I expect people to treat me the same... I guess we truly do learn the hard way...

Chuckey

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Se7en187 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be your friend!!
thank you :)

“I do not censor my comments..”

Since: Sep 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

The less people you chill with, the less drama you deal with...

Since: Jan 11

Greeneville TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

I don't have "best friends". I'm the best friend I can be to all of my friends. Of course, people are different that way. I've always been a loner. I find that life is simpler that way. My family is my best friends and I don't even see them every day. Don't rely on other people for your happiness.

“Cure 4 ignorance-> Knowledge!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

I will never leave you.:) since the day I met you I have loved you to pieces. I will fight this world over you and never think twice. We may not see one another very often but you def know where to find me anytime you want/need. I may never be doing anything more than cleaning house, watching tv, or watching the kids play... But you can cone plop down and watch me clean or snuggle up beside me and just "be"...
As for him, I know it hurts, and he may come back around... Just know that sometimes we each have our own issues and they have to be dealt with in our own way so we turn away from those we are closest to and that we love the
most, simply so they don't see that side to us. When I moved to TN, I left every friend I had ever known... And although I still remain in contact with some, we all have kids and jobs and lives to maintain outside of our 20+ yr friendships... So we talk when we can, keep up on face book and they visit when I make a trip down.. I have cried myself to sleep over my life long best friend, I've known since age 3... I miss her dearly but her pos husband doesn't like my free spirited soul and makes it difficult for us to even visit... But I do know that she still thinks of me and loves me the same...
None of this means we love one another any less, it just means that sometimes it takes more time and effort than we truly have to offer. That may sound disheartening but that's why God gives you a friend like ... So I can be understanding of how life can get hectic and still
be here when you need me most, no questions
asked, completely unconditional.
I love you sweetheart.
SevenSign

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

I agree with MystDefy my Family are my friends. I've been burned too many times by wanna be friends. I'm not a loner but I do not need best friends to have a happy life.
Wet Willie

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

MystDefy wrote:
I don't have "best friends". I'm the best friend I can be to all of my friends. Of course, people are different that way. I've always been a loner. I find that life is simpler that way. My family is my best friends and I don't even see them every day. Don't rely on other people for your happiness.
And yet another thing in common with old Willie.

Chuckey

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

GApeach-TNflower wrote:
I will never leave you.:) since the day I met you I have loved you to pieces. I will fight this world over you and never think twice. We may not see one another very often but you def know where to find me anytime you want/need. I may never be doing anything more than cleaning house, watching tv, or watching the kids play... But you can cone plop down and watch me clean or snuggle up beside me and just "be"...
As for him, I know it hurts, and he may come back around... Just know that sometimes we each have our own issues and they have to be dealt with in our own way so we turn away from those we are closest to and that we love the
most, simply so they don't see that side to us. When I moved to TN, I left every friend I had ever known... And although I still remain in contact with some, we all have kids and jobs and lives to maintain outside of our 20+ yr friendships... So we talk when we can, keep up on face book and they visit when I make a trip down.. I have cried myself to sleep over my life long best friend, I've known since age 3... I miss her dearly but her pos husband doesn't like my free spirited soul and makes it difficult for us to even visit... But I do know that she still thinks of me and loves me the same...
None of this means we love one another any less, it just means that sometimes it takes more time and effort than we truly have to offer. That may sound disheartening but that's why God gives you a friend like ... So I can be understanding of how life can get hectic and still
I love you sweetheart.
I love you more than you know... I understand people deal with things in their own way but at the same time I know other things are going on... its okay... I know people fade away but it just sucks... its hard to try to be a part of someones life when you don't feel they want to be a part of yours... as for you, you have been amazing since day one... I will always be there for you as well... you will always have a special place in my heart... you always know exactly what I need to hear when I need to hear it... you never tell me anything just to say it.. you tell me exactly what i need to hear... and no we don't get to spend time with one another but you are always on my mind... thank you for being extra special... I love you!!!!!

Chuckey

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

MystDefy wrote:
its not that I rely on other people for happiness... I am a truly happy person regardless of my friends... its just hard to up and stop caring about someone... I try to be the best friend I can be to all of my friends as well.... anyone that knows me knows I would do anything for anyone, friend or not... I'm not a loner but I do have my husband and kids so I don't have a lot of time for just "chilling".. I also work... I am to the point where I try not to dwell on this too much... it would just be nice to know that he is okay...

“Cure 4 ignorance-> Knowledge!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

GApeach-TNflower wrote:
As for him, I know it hurts, and he may com
e back around... Just know that sometimes we
each have our own issues and they have to be
dealt with in our own way so we turn away from
those we are closest to and that we love the
most, simply so they don't see that side to us.
When I moved to TN, I left every friend I had
ever known... And although I still remain in
contact with some, we all have kids and jobs and
lives to maintain outside of our 20+ yr
friendships... So we talk when we can, keep up
on face book and they visit when I make a trip
down.. I have cried myself to sleep over my life
long best friend, I've known since age 3... I miss
her dearly but her pos husband doesn't like my
free spirited soul and makes it difficult for us to
even visit... But I do know that she still thinks of
me and loves me the same...
None of this means we love one another any
less, it just means that sometimes it takes more
time and effort than we truly have to offer. That
may sound disheartening but that's why God
gives you a friend like ... So I can be
understanding of how life can get hectic and still
I love you sweetheart.
*come
*a friend like me...

Have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE auto correct?!? Lll

Since: Apr 13

Spartanburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

mamabear21582 wrote:
<quoted text> thank you :)
I'm ur friend or at least I hope I am lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
15mm more Americans on food stamps thanks obammy 2 min lendmeyourears 4
what happen to nichole williams 1 hr CDHS 7
OBAMA fixed the BUSH/Republican economy 2 hr Repair Democrats 37
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 2 hr WTSenior 138,382
School Board Budget $46.8M! Will results reflec... 3 hr Kat 298
creekside market 4 hr ford 77 4
stop the bs 5 hr Wow 7
My favorite Greeneville Topix poster is 11 hr Maverick 808 809
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••