U.S Nitrogen/ Austin Powders
samuel

Greeneville, TN

#148 Jul 24, 2014
jack wrote:
<quoted text> See what I mean if these people had not sold their property to US Nitrogen, There would be no problem, they would not have the land to even start the water lines, Thanks to the Gilbert Burger Family (Rickers and Stouts), The Key Family, The Secrist Family, The Larkins Family and all the others that created this mess If you had not sold family property to them we would not be in this mess. Way to go Thanks
The Canslers and Joy Rader started this mess. They sold the first property check your real estate transfers I know others just followed
jew

Johnson City, TN

#149 Jul 24, 2014
samuel wrote:
<quoted text>The Canslers and Joy Rader started this mess. They sold the first property check your real estate transfers I know others just followed

so lets point out the circumstances, your 80 years of age probably not gonna make it the next 5 years, a company approaches you wanting to buy your land and your going to say no? come on man think about what your saying. money is money and people need it. Its what makes the world go round.
pete spider

Kingsport, TN

#150 Jul 24, 2014
so now US Nitrogen is negotiating, dealing, trying to find another way than the dual pipeline deal. what on earth came over USN? what league are they in? what round is it? anybody get knocked out? any good punches I missed?

WGRV stuff:

US Nitrogen Nears Deal With Old Knox Utility District

Thursday, July 24, 2014
by Jim Miller, Elizabeth Hagood-Johnson

Officials from the Old Knoxville Highway Utility District are nearing a tentative agreement with US Nitrogen to provide water to the plant.

A tentative agreement was reached on Tuesday after US Nitrogen officials made a proposal to the Old Knox Board during their meeting on Monday night.

Jonathan Stepp, Interim Manager of Old Knox, told Radio Greeneville News Wednesday afternoon that he feels positive about the agreement, though details are still being worked out.

(VOICER Stepp - GEN 0700 - MD Cut #35)

US Nitrogen will pay for the installation of a pipeline from their Midway plant to Old Knox's hookup to the Greeneville Water Department's supply.

Old Knox will charge US Nitrogen to supply its daily water needs, estimated from 1.3 up to 1.9 million gallons per day. Stepp said that a proposed water rate has not been set yet.

The agreement would eliminate the need for pipelines to and from the Nolichucky River, which has generated much controversy since the Tennessee Department of Transportation rejected an initial application to build the pipelines across two state rights-of-way.

US Nitrogen will need to reach an agreement with the Town of Mosheim in order to treat the outflow of water from the plant, which would be approximately a half-million gallons per day.
pete spider

Kingsport, TN

#151 Jul 27, 2014
samuel wrote:
<quoted text>The Canslers and Joy Rader started this mess. They sold the first property check your real estate transfers I know others just followed
which Canslers? the ones that had their pitcher in the group photo shot on groundbreaking day as selling property? or the ones with some past legal proms with dumping hazardous waste somewhere out in west or southwest greene county? CC Millwrite Canslers? Golly gee it's more confusing than a chipmunk in a many layered multicolored cake hidden under a bunch of leaves. So many Canslers I get them mixed up all the time.
Sorry. Let them eat cake.
samuel

Greeneville, TN

#152 Aug 1, 2014
pete spider wrote:
<quoted text>
which Canslers? the ones that had their pitcher in the group photo shot on groundbreaking day as selling property? or the ones with some past legal proms with dumping hazardous waste somewhere out in west or southwest greene county? CC Millwrite Canslers? Golly gee it's more confusing than a chipmunk in a many layered multicolored cake hidden under a bunch of leaves. So many Canslers I get them mixed up all the time.
Sorry. Let them eat cake.
Why does it matter a Cansler is a Cansler. It was Mary Ruth Fred'S daughter
yankee

Greeneville, TN

#153 Aug 1, 2014
dingleberry wrote:
bet a lot of favors have been called in over the last few days .
told you so, who can you trust these days
hell stays open all night

Greeneville, TN

#154 Aug 2, 2014
pete spider wrote:
so now US Nitrogen is negotiating, dealing, trying to find another way than the dual pipeline deal. what on earth came over USN? what league are they in? what round is it? anybody get knocked out? any good punches I missed?
WGRV stuff:
US Nitrogen Nears Deal With Old Knox Utility District
Thursday, July 24, 2014
by Jim Miller, Elizabeth Hagood-Johnson
Officials from the Old Knoxville Highway Utility District are nearing a tentative agreement with US Nitrogen to provide water to the plant.
A tentative agreement was reached on Tuesday after US Nitrogen officials made a proposal to the Old Knox Board during their meeting on Monday night.
Jonathan Stepp, Interim Manager of Old Knox, told Radio Greeneville News Wednesday afternoon that he feels positive about the agreement, though details are still being worked out.
(VOICER Stepp - GEN 0700 - MD Cut #35)
US Nitrogen will pay for the installation of a pipeline from their Midway plant to Old Knox's hookup to the Greeneville Water Department's supply.
Old Knox will charge US Nitrogen to supply its daily water needs, estimated from 1.3 up to 1.9 million gallons per day. Stepp said that a proposed water rate has not been set yet.
The agreement would eliminate the need for pipelines to and from the Nolichucky River, which has generated much controversy since the Tennessee Department of Transportation rejected an initial application to build the pipelines across two state rights-of-way.
US Nitrogen will need to reach an agreement with the Town of Mosheim in order to treat the outflow of water from the plant, which would be approximately a half-million gallons per day.
yesterday (fri 8/1) TDOT approved the dual pipelines for US Nitrogen, so is/was talking to OLD KNOX off the table again. Was talking to old knox a fake wrestling move, a little entertainment for those opposed to Nitro's plans.....what next.....having the Canslers or another company go ahead and rip up the road and the creeks and the fences and put the pipelines in? douthat happy now? idb happy? broyles happy? everybody smile now, a big fake smile as fake as the negotiations probably were
tax roll tootsie

Kingsport, TN

#155 Oct 2, 2014
Roche, a Tennessean reporter. You won't read this in yer Gville Sun, but maybe a printout could be framed and exhibited at the Gin Morgue Inn as concept art.

"By Walter F. Roche Jr.

US Nitrogen, the company building a multimillion manufacturing facility in Tennessee's Greene County, has amassed dozens of properties totaling hundreds of acres at a cost well in excess of $7 million, most of it paid to private landowners.After acquiring the properties, records show, the company has turned over many of them to to the Industrial Development Board of Greeneville and Greene County for a dollar, effectively removing them from the tax rolls.

The land purchases which date back to 2010 are ongoing, according to a US Nitrogen spokeswoman and additional purchases will come as properties become available.
One of the recent purchases, county land records show, involved the purchase of nearly 37 acres from two couples, Janey and Billy J. Larkin and Diane L.Smith and Donald L. Smith. US Nitrogen paid $700,000, county records show. Asked about the recent purchase, a company spokeswoman, Amanda Jennings, said the property near Gravel Woods Road will be part of a 480 acre "aesthetic green zone" surrounding the 50-acre manufacturing site. "US Nitrogen will consider purchasing additional property to supplement this area as property becomes available," she said in a statement.

Several properties, deeds show, were purchased by US Nitrogen from the Cansler family and related companies. These include 43.5 acres from Johnnie Cansler for a $500,000 purchase price in February of 2012. That followed a purchase of 74.5 acres from Cansler for $558,750 a month earlier. The Greene County Foundation sold 26.6 acres on Pottertown Road to US Nitrogen on the same day for $286,995. Asked in a telephone interview how the purchases came about, Johnnie Cansler said, "I don't know. They wanted the land." He added that he was satisfied with the transactions.

Purchases from other parties have continued in 2014 with a one acre purchase for $90,000 in May and 5 acres on Gravel Woods Road purchased for $200,000. County records show that on Jan 1, 2013 16 of the properties purchased by the company were sold to the Industrial Development Board for $1. Included were two properties purchased earlier from Cansler and another parcel bought from a Cansler family partnership.

Another parcel purchased by US Nitrogen from Joy L. Rader, the Greene County Register of Deeds, was included in the package of properties sold by USN to the county development board.
Records at the Greene County Registry of Deeds show US Nitrogen purchased an option on more than 23 acres of land on Sept. 1, 2013 from J.W. Douthat, who was then a member of the Old Knox Utility District Board.

Though US Nitrogen originally indicated it would be purchasing millions of gallons of water per day from the district, it has since sought approval to run 12 miles of pipeline directly to the Nolichucky River. Lawyers for Old Knox have since filed a suit seeking to block the pipeline plans. The Douthat option is part of USN's new plan.

Jennings, the company spokesman said in an email response to questions that the Douthat option remains in effect, but she declined to disclose how much was paid for it. "The land was identified by a series of third-party studies of several properties along the river as the optimal area to avoid impact on wildlife and areas of historical significance for the intake and outfall structures for the proposed IDB-owned industrial water system," she wrote in the email.

Douthat, who also has served on the IDB, encountered criticism from opponents of the $200 million project when he voted last summer on a matter involving the project. Douthat did not respond to a phone call seeking comment. Previously he has stated that he saw no reason to recuse himself from voting on the project."

see save the nolichucky facebook page for complete text
trailer time

Kingsport, TN

#156 Oct 2, 2014
tax roll tootsie wrote:
Roche, a Tennessean reporter. You won't read this in yer Gville Sun, but maybe a printout could be framed and exhibited at the Gin Morgue Inn as concept art.

"By Walter F. Roche Jr.
Several properties, deeds show, were purchased by US Nitrogen from the Cansler family and related companies. These include 43.5 acres from Johnnie Cansler for a $500,000 purchase price in February of 2012. That followed a purchase of 74.5 acres from Cansler for $558,750 a month earlier. The Greene County Foundation sold 26.6 acres on Pottertown Road to US Nitrogen on the same day for $286,995. Asked in a telephone interview how the purchases came about, Johnnie Cansler said, "I don't know. They wanted the land." He added that he was satisfied with the transactions.

Purchases from other parties have continued in 2014 with a one acre purchase for $90,000 in May and 5 acres on Gravel Woods Road purchased for $200,000. County records show that on Jan 1, 2013 16 of the properties purchased by the company were sold to the Industrial Development Board for $1. Included were two properties purchased earlier from Cansler and another parcel bought from a Cansler family partnership.

see save the nolichucky facebook page for complete text
"The Greene County Foundation sold 26.6 acres on Pottertown Road to US Nitrogen on the same day for $286,995."

LUV THIS land deal. So glad they dealt themselves into the game. Who the faaaak is the Greed Co Fdn anyway, Kent Bewley and his crew? Heritage Comm Bank et alia....god I luvvit. the heritage of towne crossing and money and ole chivverlays. old warehouses and tobacco and the bypass and the junior league of knoxville or is it newport. sure do wish a good video documentary filmmaker with an understanding of finance and the poor ole environment and Tenn politics would make a documentary about the wheels and deals that have brought greene county to this low point. the world premiere could take place at towne crossing with an attendance of one or two. will the scene at fairview church be ripped up---on which side---the church side or the cemetery side? and what did the greed co fdn do with the fabulous 286 thou? buy a new truck or a carton of cigarettes or a six pack of cheep beer...I wonder. Maybe they can afford a trailer at last. Suits em fine. A concept art trailer would of course cost a little more but we can work out a finance plan for that little extra, for a little extra. No money down. Land with repos etc etc. thank yew walter f.
dingleberry

Greeneville, TN

#157 Oct 2, 2014
bunch of users work there. 70 yr. old s ecurity guards,
cool million

Kingsport, TN

#158 Oct 3, 2014
dingleberry wrote:
"Several properties, deeds show, were purchased by US Nitrogen from the Cansler family and related companies. These include 43.5 acres from Johnnie Cansler for a $500,000 purchase price in February of 2012. That followed a purchase of 74.5 acres from Cansler for $558,750 a month earlier. The Greene County Foundation sold 26.6 acres on Pottertown Road to US Nitrogen on the same day for $286,995. Asked in a telephone interview how the purchases came about, Johnnie Cansler said, "I don't know. They wanted the land." He added that he was satisfied with the transactions."

The Canslers made over a million. Way to go guys. C and C is the greatest, they really know how business is done. The Douthat money will probably remain secret. The Greene County Foundation is good for a laugh---a little over 10K per acre, not bad. Does the Industrial Development Board have a conflict of interest policy? That's a good one. Ha ha. High powered users, the best kind. Always looking for a little action.
doboy

Greeneville, TN

#159 Oct 3, 2014
dingleberry wrote:
saw a security guard at front gate on crutches, looked age 75. must have real security at nitrogen
junior deals

Kingsport, TN

#160 Oct 4, 2014
is there a junior achievement program in how to sell property to US Nit. for a profit AND be a member of the industrial development board? if so, does the program discuss the differences in discrete language between business friendly, giving back, giving to oneself, conflict of interest, just lucky, dealing from a stacked deck, and old chevrolets for needy children. getting weeds out of sod is a tres important job. more important than any chit chat at mink hills. our youth need to be prepared to deal.

"I think Junior Achievement is a great program, and is a message that needs to be taken to all children," said Bewley. "I believe our youth are the future, and if they're not prepared, it's our fault."

Additionally, Bewley is a member of the East Tennessee State University Foundation, Industrial Bond Board, Greene County Foundation, Takoma Hospital Foundation, Andrew Johnson Bank Board of Directors, and the Sequoyah Council of the Boy Scouts of America. He is a former member of the Tusculum College Board of Trustees, and past president of Link Hills Country Club. He is currently the chairman of the board for Holston Methodist Home for Children.

"Holston Home is very important to me, and I truly enjoy being chairman because I can see how much good it does for the children," he said.

The Greene County Foundation sold 26.6 acres on Pottertown Road to US Nitrogen on the same day for $286,995

does the US in US Nitrogen stand for United States? or "us"?(like toys r us...nitrogen r us) or nothing....just 2 letters of the alphabet. I'm betting on nothing.
Thought

Johnson City, TN

#161 Jan 5, 2015
Concerned Community wrote:
there is jobs in Greene Co. Ppl just dont wanna do the jobs that available. If that place explodes, it will take out west greene high and all these elementarys around here. Yall are really ok with that over a job? lets see how ok u are when your pickin up your kids and grandkids off the floor. Lets see what that job is worth then.
I'm neutral at the moment on US Nitrogen. What I'm trying to get my hands on is the exact process involving the water and what exactly is going back into the river..... They had a chemical engineer look at it and im not doubting him or accusing him nor anything else. But you know. But TOMYOUR point regarding explosions. They continue to say that it's 100% safe. Nothing is. When I get up from this chair, I could break a leg. Over 10,300 people have been injured in plant explosions and some 2500 killed. What concerns me the most is the lack of transparency. The last explosion was in west Texas and it killed 516 people. Did you know that their LOBBYIST won't allow them to include those deaths in statistics. They continue to say that office fires caused the explosion. Who cares what caused it. 516 people are dead. Now this wasn't US Nitrogen, but same industry.
distant neighbor

Landrum, SC

#162 Jan 5, 2015
Park keeps raising enough hell about it,it's going to get noticed. It takes money to finance a war,money that all of the naysayers do not have. So,as it is there's going to be a us nitrogen plant up and running in a few more months unless someone dumps some money into a good lawyers lap.
gunga den

Kingsport, TN

#163 Mar 25, 2015
distant neighbor wrote:
Park keeps raising enough hell about it,it's going to get noticed. It takes money to finance a war,money that all of the naysayers do not have. So,as it is there's going to be a us nitrogen plant up and running in a few more months unless someone dumps some money into a good lawyers lap.
the great guys of the IDB (and the bank and the Sun and the Greene County Fdn) they're so great, part of god's plan for Greene County. and Harbison ducked out. wonder why. i want to run a for profit foundation and make a profit too, i wanna be in on land deals as part of god's plan for my AJ Bank account.

and that do over meeting for the invalid meeting where they arrested Eddie---Judge Jenkins won't allow it will he. open meeting violations. what the hell. may the innocent sun shine on all our sins. may we all drink a cool drink of concentrated river water before we die.

"BOARD VOTE
The board took a roll call vote to approve resubmitting the application that stirred much of the controversy.
Voting in favor of resubmitting the application were: Broyles, Greeneville Mayor W.T. Daniels, Brian Click, Sam Miller, Ginny Kidwell, Bill Hickerson, Daniel Wolcott, and J.W. Douthat.
When Laughlin called Douthat's name, he immediately asked if Douthat would be abstaining, perhaps recalling that he had abstained on the vote to submit the first application related to the pipeline several months ago.
His decision at that time was apparently based on the fact that last fall he sold an option to US Nitrogen for property along the river where the company would plan to place a pump station if the pipeline is approved and eventually built.
He stated at the earlier meeting that he had sold property to US Nitrogen in the past.
"No, I'm voting yes," Douthat replied Friday in response to Laughlin's question.
Tom Hopson voted against resubmitting the application. Brandon Hull and Jerry Fortner abstained.
Steve Harbison, a former member of the IDB, resigned earlier in the week in a letter to Mayor Broyles which also included an expression of appreciation for the opportunity to have served on the board for the previous eight years."
grim greene

Greeneville, TN

#164 Apr 1, 2015
Is Commissioner Randolph having an identity crisis? see Save the Nolichucky facebook page, March 28. Or has the pipeline given him probable cause for creative inspiration?

"UPDATE: His name is James "Buddy" Randolph, Commissioner for the 7th District and Detective with GCSD; his contact information is below

Commissioner Randolph, you should be ASHAMED!!!!

From Donahue Bible:
This armed person who was wearing a deputy badge and confirmed when I asked, that he was a Greene County deputy, stood guard near me, as the first two joints of pipe were laid at our property line, today Saturday March 28, 2015 at 11:00 a.m.

The man wore no name tag, and refused to give his name, and stated he was not required to do either. When I asked if he was working as a deputy on duty or as a private security guard...he stated he was not required to answer."
attention diverted

Greeneville, TN

#165 Apr 1, 2015
I'd be more concerned about the "treated" sodium cyanide that the old ball zinc plant is pouring in the river at Kinser bridge UPSTREAM from the city of greenevilles munciple supply intake.
grim greene

Greeneville, TN

#166 Apr 2, 2015
attention diverted wrote:
I'd be more concerned about the "treated" sodium cyanide that the old ball zinc plant is pouring in the river at Kinser bridge UPSTREAM from the city of greenevilles munciple supply intake.
Concern is always a contest, isn't it. There's only so much concern we have to spread around. The Greene County sheriff has to provide the service of protecting US Nitrogen (has to? so Hankins says, and there's just not money in the budget to give USN all the service [protection] they want or need or demand or whatever), US Nitrogen has to pay for it. Hit don't differ what uniform or badge they wear or who they be workin for, the law's the law (ha ha ha) and corporations can buy it. If Save the Nolichucky wuz funded by billionaires maybe they could buy a sheriff's devoted and uninformed employment services, too, to protect them from TDOT and the deputies. Officer Carr's audio is good, too, right up there with Detective and Commisioner Randolph being unable or unwilling to identify hisself. So TDOT and these guys work Sundays. Hope they'll be out there on Easter morning, a digging and a laying pipe, cutting drain lines and blessing and praising the Lord in a sincere pentecostal way.
Otherside

Greer, SC

#167 May 23, 2015
Drug bust at US Nitrogen! The 3 men arrested and charged were not employees of US Nitrogen but worked for independent contractors. However, isn't US Nitrogen responsible? Their spokesperson stated (in today's G'ville Sun) their requirements for independent contractors in terms of screening employees. Maybe they need to screen these contractors. Is this the type of management US Nitrogen brings?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where to eat in greeneville 12 min Foodcritic 9
For BVD and Vol Fans 16 min Bamapayedplayers 3
Tanner Barkley 19 min DO NOT ASK 3
Wreck info 34 min Truth 4
Trump Vietnam Draft Dodger 35 min Truth 4
Alo, Formerly Bush Hog (May '10) 1 hr Thatguy 44
Winter coat donations... 2 hr old guy 5
Max Planck For Sheriff 11 hr Max Planck 278
Nolachuckey Teacher Fired? 18 hr POS 60

Greeneville Jobs