larry

Greeneville, TN

#127 May 29, 2014
bet you people are starting to figure out that nobody can trust u s n.
they played all the water commissions to make them think lots of dollars to be made, when in reality u s n was mapping out route to the river for water for free.

“I Believe”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#128 May 30, 2014
Concerned Community wrote:
GREENE COUNTY PPL PLZ CHECK THIS OUT!! TDEC (Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation) has tentatively announced that on October 27, 2011 at 7 pm a public hearing will be held at West Greene High School concerning the permitting of US Nitrogen's application. IF YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR HEALTH, YOUR CHILDREN'S HEALTH YOU SHOULD ATTEND AND SPEAK AGAINST THIS APPLICATION PROCESS. US ...Nitrogen i...s planning an anhydrous ammonia and Nitric Acid Plant less than 1/2 mile from West Greene High School and about 1 mile from Mosheim Elementary and Middle Schools. This affects over 2000 students. If you want to see what anhydrous ammonia can do then check out this video on YouTube.http://youtu.be/sNkdAs 1e7CwSee More
http://www.youtu.be/sNkdAs1e7Cw
www.youtu.be
# You should be very concerned , this is a multi million $$$ industry & you have no sense to put businesses & factories on a debate site !
Willie Williams

Greeneville, TN

#129 May 30, 2014
larry wrote:
bet you people are starting to figure out that nobody can trust u s n.
they played all the water commissions to make them think lots of dollars to be made, when in reality u s n was mapping out route to the river for water for free.
The whole thing was a ploy, Alan Broyles, Tom Ferguson and selected others knew from the beginning that US Nitrogen wanted to use the Nolichuckey river. They all knew there would be opposition ,so they kept it quiet until they had spend a great deal of money constructing the plant.
not stupid

Greeneville, TN

#130 May 30, 2014
u s n employees spent weeks mapping out route to river and getting right of ways along road, all while meeting with water districts.they knew all along what they were going to do.they think us hillbillys are stupid.

Since: May 14

Chapel Hill, NC

#131 May 31, 2014
Blast zone wrote:
A job is a job is a job if it pays well let it come in and make our local economy more progressive .
If you think it's worth 80 jobs to completely destroy the safety and economy of those who depend on this water for their livelihood and their lives. Then I hope you get your job, and can sleep at night. The farmers and vineyards will lose their crops. The fishing industry will ruined. The restaurants won't be able to stay in business.
Your household food bill is going to double at the least. You'll eventually have to pay for city water. All the wells will be polluted. I urge you to jump on the 'bandwagon' and fight this thing anyway you can.
http://www.wate.com/story/25337202/residents-...

Chapel Hill, NC

#132 May 31, 2014
Man who wants jobs in TN wrote:
there is way too many hippies now adays
If you think it's worth 80 jobs to completely destroy the safety and economy of those who depend on this water for their livelihood and their lives. Then I hope you get your job, and can sleep at night. The farmers and vineyards will lose their crops. The fishing industry will ruined. The restaurants won't be able to stay in business.
Your household food bill is going to double at the least. You'll eventually have to pay for city water. All the wells will be polluted. I urge you to jump on the 'bandwagon' and fight this thing anyway you can.

Chapel Hill, NC

#133 May 31, 2014
sarge wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's get it straight, I am for any thing that brings jobs to this county. I'm retired. I had never been without a job until I retired at 62. Now I would like for my children, grand children and great grand children to have the same opportunity that I had. But without jobs that will not happen. You worry about an explosion, but I would bet you think nothing about getting in your car with your kids and then drive on the bypass. Your car has gas in it. Gress what, you are sitting in a potential bomb. Are you going to quit driving because of it? I dought it. Are you going to walk every where you go, you might get hit by a car. If everyone thought like you we would still be living in the dark ages!

jeff

Greeneville, TN

#135 Jun 2, 2014
notice u s n has a full page add in gvagas sun today. must be wanting some crying towels and somebody to bow down to them because theyhave come to gville. notice it said 80%of new employees were from within 30 miles . must not be many from greene county.
Alan

Greeneville, TN

#136 Jun 3, 2014
jeff wrote:
notice u s n has a full page add in gvagas sun today. must be wanting some crying towels and somebody to bow down to them because theyhave come to gville. notice it said 80%of new employees were from within 30 miles . must not be many from greene county.
Would somebody please tell me why Tom Feguson is still at the partnership?
jesco

Kingsport, TN

#137 Jun 8, 2014
grandhuff wrote:
<quoted text>
How about you tell us what is the source of the biggest contributor of pollution to the Noli and it's feeder streams?

Hint- you named them in your post I quoted, and it isn't a factory.
how mucho

Kingsport, TN

#138 Jun 11, 2014
jeff wrote:
how much does a full page ad in the sun i mean Cloud cost? enough to insure that the sun i mean Cloud luvs US Nitro? mr douthat former leader of the old knox hwy utility board made out OK dint he. violated his fiduciary duty prolly but what the hay we're vegas, we're the gr County partnership, we're the industrial board, we're the state right of way tdot guys, we're the TDEC spineless so and so's, and like hay, giving money to education and charity covers all permit and pollution proms, and like hay haven't you heard, greene county fish luv ammonium nitrate. the wine they serve at the gen morgan inn is made of ammonium nitrate. more unique and tasty than the taste of local corruption. wine tasting soon, open to the public prolly, with special discounts for tdec and the partnership. look for full page ads. soon in your area. aka the pipeline wine. buy tennessee, we're always for sale.
no brainer

Kingsport, TN

#139 Jun 12, 2014
Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Would somebody please tell me why Tom Feguson is still at the partnership?
Perhaps an item from the partnership webpage answers your question:

"SB&D Names Greene County A “Manufacturing Location No-Brainer in the American South”
Greene County has recently been featured in Southern Business & Development Magazine’s Winter 2013 Ten Top 10s Edition! In the “Ten More No-Brainer Manufacturing Locations in the American South” article, Greene County is recognized as having a long history of manufacturing success. Tom Ferguson, president and CEO of the Partnership, attributes this success to a concept of teamwork between local industrial leaders, banks, and utility companies."

I find the "concept of teamwork" to be quite original.
Jack Rabbit

Greeneville, TN

#140 Jun 13, 2014
no brainer wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps an item from the partnership webpage answers your question:
"SB&D Names Greene County A “Manufacturing Location No-Brainer in the American South”
Greene County has recently been featured in Southern Business & Development Magazine’s Winter 2013 Ten Top 10s Edition! In the “Ten More No-Brainer Manufacturing Locations in the American South” article, Greene County is recognized as having a long history of manufacturing success. Tom Ferguson, president and CEO of the Partnership, attributes this success to a concept of teamwork between local industrial leaders, banks, and utility companies."
I find the "concept of teamwork" to be quite original.
That's nothing but bull shit! Ferguson is nothing but an arrogant, ruthless, ass kissing SOB.
Charlie

Kodak, TN

#141 Jul 15, 2014
Do you know who owns US Nitrogen/Austin Powder? You obviously do not or you would never consider allowing this business in your state!
dingleberry

Greeneville, TN

#142 Jul 15, 2014
bet a lot of favors have been called in over the last few days .
quiet please

Kingsport, TN

#143 Jul 18, 2014
you ask them to speak up and you get arrested. way to go greeneville, what a partnership.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Save-the-Nolich...
Heated swrimp water

Jonesborough, TN

#144 Jul 18, 2014
They could agree to make drinking water at a lower cost than our Water Department couldn't be that hard or grow shrimp in the heated plan water to show us how harmless it is after treatment . Look Hire me at 6 figures and I will figure it out for you we really needs those jobs and they better pay well above 15 a hour . We don't need no more work less pay jobs here in Greeneville .
kilgore trout

Nashville, TN

#145 Jul 18, 2014
quiet please wrote:
you ask them to speak up and you get arrested. way to go greeneville, what a partnership.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Save-the-Nolich...
excellent video, kinda like fascism in action, small town soft voiced style. i hate to use that f word, that politically loaded overused almost meaningless word, that fascism word, but hey...watch mr overholt being arrested for asking the board to speak up---broyles considers that an outburst (!) and has him arrested----broyles orders arrrests? was that the sequence? broyles should know the difference being being removed from the building (which the audience was cautioned about) and being arrested.....go to save the nolichucky facebook page and watch the videos yourself....disgusting greene county politics on tape....nice to see the tape. and yes, quiet please. don't tell anybody.
Eject Arrested

Johnson City, TN

#146 Jul 18, 2014
Public meeting are private you the people have no damn say here in ye old Greeneville .
jack

Greeneville, TN

#147 Jul 19, 2014
jenny wrote:
I blame the people that sold there property for this mess, If they had not sold their farms, USNitrogen would not be here.Some families got big bucks and others did not. Look at the real estate transfers see who really got the big bucks, they owned the prime piece of property and could have stopped this but didn't. They sold land and house for Hundreds of thousands you know who we are talking about
See what I mean if these people had not sold their property to US Nitrogen, There would be no problem, they would not have the land to even start the water lines, Thanks to the Gilbert Burger Family (Rickers and Stouts), The Key Family, The Secrist Family, The Larkins Family and all the others that created this mess If you had not sold family property to them we would not be in this mess. Way to go Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marie Osmond in Greeneville 4 min opinion 3
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 11 min Ralph 7,912
were adam and eve white? (Mar '11) 27 min whothehellcares- 15
Seeking Attention* 43 min z0neCrew 15
Comcast bill 2 hr arbitration 7
[Bible Study] Two creation stories 2 hr z0neCrew 23
Proxies? 2 hr z0neCrew 9
Stephen Jennings 8 hr My opinion 25
tiptons 20 hr Karma 37
More from around the web