Solution free

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2014

The heated water could be used to grow shrimp year round use my farm please .
london ms

Church Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2014

Judged:

Proposed pipeline details, maps here.

http://www.tn.gov/environment/ppo/

http://www.tn.gov/environment/ppo/docs/water/...

Date: April 17, 2014
Schedule: 5:00 PM EDT - Open House Informational Session
7:00 PM EDT - Proposed Permits Presentation & Public Hearing

•March 10, 2014 - NRS13.205 US Nitrogen LLC proposes to withdraw water for industrial process from the Nolichucky River at mile 20.8. The work for which a permit is required includes construction of an industrial process water intake and an outfall structure and associated utility line crossings of named and unnamed tributaries. Nolichucky River in Greene County.
Blast zone

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2014

Judged:

A job is a job is a job if it pays well let it come in and make our local economy more progressive .
Mosheim resident

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2014

If you think you will get one of these 80 jobs you have to meet the requirements of all state and federal explosive laws?****Do you? This is one requirement I hope they don't look the other way on...I don't want to be blown up like Texas explosion... Read the articles before you comment...educate yourself.. don't depend on what other people say! Be smarter...

ATF Federal Explosives Law and Regulations: the updated Federal Explosives Law and Regulations (ATF P 5400.7). Three of the major changes are requirements that all persons who receive regulated explosive materials in intrastate commerce have a Federal explosives license or permit, and that ATF conduct background checks on all employees possessing explosives in the course of their employment with a licensee or permittee..
run river

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

anyone know the status of an Environmental Impact Statement or Assessment on this project?...
not buying it

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Judged:

run river wrote:
anyone know the status of an Environmental Impact Statement or Assessment on this project?...
The property should have had an enviromental impact study prior to the rezoneing of the property. All this will come out during the court hearing in October. Professional and ethical standards were not followed. This is what happens when you try to cover it up and conduct business behind closed doors. Someone will be held accountable.
miss hell yeah no

Church Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

typo fix---it's WATERSHED

The Middle Nolichucky Watershed Alliance protects the waters and land of Greene County......

What do they think of the pipeline plan? the tributary crossings?

Are they maintaining a dignified silence?
martha_s vineyard

Church Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

The Nolichucky Vineyard meeting yesterday.....any real world knowledge of? or just lies and rhetoric, along with rumors and fears and insidious removals of earlier postings? US Nitro or Yara send some of their handsome young muscled men in corporate logo polo shirts to take the temperature of the interested parties? Greene co. sheriff's posse in attendance? action plan? results? did premium waters and crystal waters go along for the ride, listening to the radio with the top down? and when please will TDOT please tear down that beautiful vandalized structurally deficient 1920 something Conway Bridge....it gives me the Willies. Makes me late to my poker game. Worse than the Huey Long Bridge of old.

4_22_14 Sun notice:(Tuesday)
Some area citizens concerned about US Nitrogen's proposed plans to draw water from the Nolichucky River for use as a coolant in its manufacturing process, and discharge the water back into the river after use, are meeting Thursday night.

The meeting will take place at Nolichucky Vineyard, located at 6600 Fish Hatchery Road, Russellvillle, at 7 p.m.

Alex Martin, who operates the family-owned vineyard, said the meeting is meant to inform more area landowners who have not previously been made aware of US Nitrogen's plans to utilize the Nolichucky River in connection with its ammonium nitrate manufacturing process.
paradise lost

Church Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2014

Judged:

not buying it wrote:
<quoted text>
The property should have had an enviromental impact study prior to the rezoneing of the property. All this will come out during the court hearing in October. Professional and ethical standards were not followed. This is what happens when you try to cover it up and conduct business behind closed doors. Someone will be held accountable.
Your faith in the court hearing seems a bit optimistic and innocent to me, but I hope you're right, the case has been dragging on for years. And isn't the Partnership using the local branch of (former) Sen. Howard Baker's law firm...heavy hitters, sort of?

Follow the link below to learn of the measures industry groups (like the Fertilizer Institute and the American Farm Bureau) and states will take to avoid govt ordered clean up of polluted waters.....

http://billmoyers.com/2014/04/23/the-local-fi...
Cocke County resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2014

Judged:

Please sign this petition we still have time to stop this from happening..Copy this link to your facebook and get your friends and family involved... There has been no environmental impact statement done as of today.. US Nitrogen is a private company and cannot get the right of way to do pipeline... Yara International just paid 48 million for bribery of Libya ... thugs.. Do we want more corruption than we already have here... really! They cannot open without the permits and they still haven't done an environmental impact statement. so get involved.... it is not to late This is the 3rd petition ..The meeting at Nolichucky Vineyards was very informative.... Cocke County and Hamblin County are involved now...Thank you

http://www.credomobilize.com/petitions/petiti...
jenny

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

I blame the people that sold there property for this mess, If they had not sold their farms, USNitrogen would not be here.Some families got big bucks and others did not. Look at the real estate transfers see who really got the big bucks, they owned the prime piece of property and could have stopped this but didn't. They sold land and house for Hundreds of thousands you know who we are talking about
FREE WILLIE

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

Judged:

jenny wrote:
I blame the people that sold there property for this mess, If they had not sold their farms, USNitrogen would not be here.Some families got big bucks and others did not. Look at the real estate transfers see who really got the big bucks, they owned the prime piece of property and could have stopped this but didn't. They sold land and house for Hundreds of thousands you know who we are talking about
There is nobody to blame other than the Greene County Partnership, Alan Broyles, and the Greene County Commission. If they had turned their backs on the company as most counties did, this would never have happened.
jack

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2014

If The man on mcdonald road had still been alive i don't think he would have sold the farm but his daughter and grandson did.They could have held on to the property and there would have been no US Nitrogen. They needed that piece of property for the water line. I know for a fact they did not want to sell, but they did not want us nitrogen right in their door either.
gardener

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2014

Judged:

Hey I put nitrogen on my garden today. Do you think it might run off into the creek and then to the river?
concerned citizen

Clayton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

FREE WILLIE wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nobody to blame other than the Greene County Partnership, Alan Broyles, and the Greene County Commission. If they had turned their backs on the company as most counties did, this would never have happened.
You are right! Tom Ferguson doesn't care what kind of company locates in Greene County. He has embarrasesd himself, the county, state and even Govenor Haslam. Ask anyone in the region or state and you will find out he is recognized as a drunk, arrogant ass and ass kisser. He should be fired for the way he handled US Nitrogen. He misled Greene County citizens and the County commissioners. Because of his incompetent actions the partnership and county commission are being sued. Finally, Alan Broyles is going away and now it's time for Ferguson to go too.
uknow

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Well this isn't Denmark ...so you would rather me be made a mockery of ...nice
concerned citizen

Clayton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

uknow wrote:
Well this isn't Denmark ...so you would rather me be made a mockery of ...nice
What!
don-t be stupid

Dillwyn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2014

Judged:

why don't you people stay in hamlen and cocke county and leave greene county alone. cocke county has the nasty pigeon river and hamblen has enka they need to clean up. what is the problem with you noesy people. cry all you want u s nitrogen will be in greene county paying good money while your children will be at all the high paying fast food places you people have making $ 8.00 an hour. good luck you dumb asses
Man who wants jobs in TN

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2014

there is way too many hippies now adays
hmmm

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2014

Man who wants jobs in TN wrote:
there is way too many hippies now adays
I agree,'m a leggies man myself!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

50 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Congratulations Broyles you are making nationwi... 12 min Alice 25
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 43 min Julia 140,652
angus palm pay (Feb '12) 1 hr I hate Worthington 54
why is moshiem sub clinic closed today (Oct '13) 2 hr cross anchor 15
Lost respect for GPD 2 hr concerned citizen 12
obammy has never had a job 2 hr lendmeyourears 34
Marilyn Mott 2 hr justified 1
Mayor loses his cool in meeting lol 12 hr Sunshine 124
property tax increase 12 hr butch 15
76 Year Old Veteran Arrested for Asking Public ... 14 hr South Greene Resident 179
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••