U.S Nitrogen/ Austin Powders

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Concerned Community

Elizabethton, TN

#1 Oct 8, 2011
GREENE COUNTY PPL PLZ CHECK THIS OUT!! TDEC (Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation) has tentatively announced that on October 27, 2011 at 7 pm a public hearing will be held at West Greene High School concerning the permitting of US Nitrogen's application. IF YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR HEALTH, YOUR CHILDREN'S HEALTH YOU SHOULD ATTEND AND SPEAK AGAINST THIS APPLICATION PROCESS. US ...Nitrogen i...s planning an anhydrous ammonia and Nitric Acid Plant less than 1/2 mile from West Greene High School and about 1 mile from Mosheim Elementary and Middle Schools. This affects over 2000 students. If you want to see what anhydrous ammonia can do then check out this video on YouTube.http://youtu.be/sNkdAs 1e7CwSee More
http://www.youtu.be/sNkdAs1e7Cw
www.youtu.be
concerned citizen

Elizabethton, TN

#2 Oct 10, 2011
Austin Powders/us. nitrogen is not good for Greene county, They should take their killer plant and the Greene County commissoners and head back to Ohio.
sarge

Hermitage, TN

#3 Oct 10, 2011
concerned citizen wrote:
Austin Powders/us. nitrogen is not good for Greene county, They should take their killer plant and the Greene County commissoners and head back to Ohio.
oh and don't forget their jobs, you idiot
greene citizen

Nashville, TN

#4 Oct 10, 2011
concerned citizen wrote:
Austin Powders/us. nitrogen is not good for Greene county, They should take their killer plant and the Greene County commissoners and head back to Ohio.
Get your facts straight, if you don't like it leave, they are sending us good & safe jobs! So worried about it move to a country that has no manufacturing or cars and traffic!
interested

Newport, TN

#5 Oct 10, 2011
sounds like jobs to me. What's the unemployment rate of Greene Co right now? They better make sure there is enough potential employee's in Greeneville that can pass a piss test first though.
Benny Hill

Smyrna, TN

#6 Oct 10, 2011
interested wrote:
sounds like jobs to me. What's the unemployment rate of Greene Co right now? They better make sure there is enough potential employee's in Greeneville that can pass a piss test first though.
How far you gotta piss?
Concerned Community

Elizabethton, TN

#7 Oct 10, 2011
there is jobs in Greene Co. Ppl just dont wanna do the jobs that available. If that place explodes, it will take out west greene high and all these elementarys around here. Yall are really ok with that over a job? lets see how ok u are when your pickin up your kids and grandkids off the floor. Lets see what that job is worth then.
concerned citizen

Elizabethton, TN

#8 Oct 10, 2011
THIS IS FOR SARGE. You must not live in Western Greene County,If you did you would choke every night from the putrid pollution coming from Scepter
you would be gagging on the silica dust coming from
minco, you would be washing your car 3-4 times a week hoping to keep the silica dust from ruining the paint, you would be trying to keep your grand-
children from being scared this pollution will make them sick or give them a terminal disease.
how many dead kids does it take to equal a few jobs. if you don't like me trying to protect my kids and my neighbors kids, you can kiss my ass, you insensitive moron.
What

Abingdon, VA

#9 Oct 10, 2011
concerned citizen wrote:
THIS IS FOR SARGE. You must not live in Western Greene County,If you did you would choke every night from the putrid pollution coming from Scepter
you would be gagging on the silica dust coming from
minco, you would be washing your car 3-4 times a week hoping to keep the silica dust from ruining the paint, you would be trying to keep your grand-
children from being scared this pollution will make them sick or give them a terminal disease.
how many dead kids does it take to equal a few jobs. if you don't like me trying to protect my kids and my neighbors kids, you can kiss my ass, you insensitive moron.
Anything we have in Greeneville is mild compared to Eastman in Kingsport (and many other plants around the country). I don't hear of too many major issues with them. But they do have one thing, JOBS!
What

Abingdon, VA

#10 Oct 10, 2011
Concerned Community wrote:
there is jobs in Greene Co. Ppl just dont wanna do the jobs that available.
Please tell us where there are enough jobs in this county to employ the thousands that are unemployed. This whole idea that "people can find jobs if they wanted to" really pisses me off. I apply for multiple jobs per week, and I have yet to find a job in about a year of trying. I am college educated but lack experience because I'm a recent grad. I'm either "overqualified" or "don't have enough experience" for most jobs I apply for. These people who have jobs that look down upon those who don't are idiots. There are many of us who are qualified and willing to work that can't find jobs.

If you have a job, then just be thankful. Otherwise, you may end up being one of us "lazy people" who can't find a job.
Concerned Community

Elizabethton, TN

#11 Oct 11, 2011
I never said anything about anyone being lazy. All im saying it that its been said that this plant will bring 80 jobs to greene co. But if u subtract the ppl they are bringing with them that are experienced in this stuff exactly how many jobs is that really gonna leave for greene co? Have any of yall even watched the youtube video? From the time that cop gets out of his car till the second he dies is bout 20 seconds. how are they gonna evacuate the schools in time if this place explodes? My kids have breathing problems already and now i have to worry about what else Greene Countys "Finest" Commissioners wanna throw in here. And with the whole if u dont like it leave comment? I do like it here, love it actually and maybe thats why im concerned. Am i makin sense?
I agree with you

Fort Campbell, TN

#12 Oct 11, 2011
Concerned Community wrote:
I never said anything about anyone being lazy. All im saying it that its been said that this plant will bring 80 jobs to greene co. But if u subtract the ppl they are bringing with them that are experienced in this stuff exactly how many jobs is that really gonna leave for greene co? Have any of yall even watched the youtube video? From the time that cop gets out of his car till the second he dies is bout 20 seconds. how are they gonna evacuate the schools in time if this place explodes? My kids have breathing problems already and now i have to worry about what else Greene Countys "Finest" Commissioners wanna throw in here. And with the whole if u dont like it leave comment? I do like it here, love it actually and maybe thats why im concerned. Am i makin sense?
You are making a great deal of sense. The decision to allow this company to build a chemical plant in Greene County is all about greed and not the creation of jobs. I wonder who got a few kick backs on this deal? Maybe the State Bureau of Investigation needs to conduct a thourgh search to see what unethical practices were executed. This whole damn thing stinks!
Concerned Community

Elizabethton, TN

#13 Oct 11, 2011
Thank you "I agree with you" for the open mind! And im starting to think the same thing!
concerned citizen

Elizabethton, TN

#14 Oct 11, 2011
I read an artical in the greeneville sun that the pres. of the greene county parternership was with gov. Haslam when he announced the new law which limits the ammount you can sue an industry for. It appears to me that some ground work was laid to bring more polluting industry to greene county. citizens. it's time we all wake up and take an intrest in what goes on in greene county.
scepter

Newport, TN

#15 Oct 11, 2011
Scepter inc is a highly explosive plant that melts aluminum if a furnace would blow nothing would be left around along.g with all the dust and smoke.
Let it be

Fort Campbell, TN

#16 Oct 11, 2011
concerned citizen wrote:
I read an artical in the greeneville sun that the pres. of the greene county parternership was with gov. Haslam when he announced the new law which limits the ammount you can sue an industry for. It appears to me that some ground work was laid to bring more polluting industry to greene county. citizens. it's time we all wake up and take an intrest in what goes on in greene county.
It might not be to late to stop this plant from coming. It concerns me that the land has been purchased by the company before it received approval from the state of Tennessee. That in it self, tells me the company was told by certain individuals that the citizens of Greene County would support the proposed operations and welcome the company with open arms, which of course was not the case. Every citizen who has concern should attend the upcoming public hearing and voice your oppostion. Send a strong message to the state and federal government that we do not want this potentially devastating plant in Greene County. Bring your children, grandparents and any and all who want clean and safe industry. It's time to be proactive and actively fight this atrocity.
concerned citizen

Elizabethton, TN

#17 Oct 11, 2011
I am so glad there are more people who are aware of the devestating effects of this type of industry. not only will it put the lives of our loved ones at risk but it will also destroy the environment for miles in the proximity of the plant. please, watch the videos on you tube and ask yourself, is this the way you want to see your family and friends die? I can't imagine what was going through that police officer's mind as he was overcame by this cloud of death he was in.
sarge

Hermitage, TN

#18 Oct 11, 2011
concerned citizen wrote:
THIS IS FOR SARGE. You must not live in Western Greene County,If you did you would choke every night from the putrid pollution coming from Scepter
you would be gagging on the silica dust coming from
minco, you would be washing your car 3-4 times a week hoping to keep the silica dust from ruining the paint, you would be trying to keep your grand-
children from being scared this pollution will make them sick or give them a terminal disease.
how many dead kids does it take to equal a few jobs. if you don't like me trying to protect my kids and my neighbors kids, you can kiss my ass, you insensitive moron.
I worked at DTR for a while and never have to wash my car more than normal. I believe it is near Scepter. What kind of jobs would you like to see come to Greene County, another WalMart that pays minimun wage? Or do you want all the jobs to go to China and everyone in America go on welfare, but wait without someone working who is going to pay taxes so you can draw your check? I believe we still live in America so you can move without anyone's permission. I am insensitive to people like you but I'm no moron.
huh

Sweetwater, TN

#19 Oct 11, 2011
I am just wondering, how many potential jobs that this plant is going to provide for our citizens? Is it enough to cover the potential hazards that we will face as a community? How many "outsiders" will be brought in to cover those new positions at this wonderful new place of employment? We are allowing a potentially hazardous plant come into our communities that can affect our children and grandchildren in the future. Are the rewards enough to cover the consequences?
Jeff

Bristol, VA

#20 Oct 11, 2011
sarge wrote:
<quoted text>
I worked at DTR for a while and never have to wash my car more than normal. I believe it is near Scepter. What kind of jobs would you like to see come to Greene County, another WalMart that pays minimun wage? Or do you want all the jobs to go to China and everyone in America go on welfare, but wait without someone working who is going to pay taxes so you can draw your check? I believe we still live in America so you can move without anyone's permission. I am insensitive to people like you but I'm no moron.
I live here and I don't think the only decision is either a death plant or a Walmart. Seriously, there really, really are other types of plants/jobs this area could accommodate. I've been here my whole life and I'm not giving up and leaving my own area if I don't like some outsiders' ideas for a toilet we could all live in. I'm not the one who SHOULD leave.

Believe it or not, I actually believe in doing something about it if I think there's something not right in our community. There are also other more appropriate locations for such a plant besides the close vicinity to schools or people in general.

So there's my two votes -
1. Another type of business BESIDES this plant (or Walmart).

2. A different, more remote location that could still provide local jobs but be farther away from our population.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anybody ever axe you for help? 20 min Word 1
I'm back! 26 min ww fan 8
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 26 min Agnus 7,798
cook out burgers 51 min Pretend 2 B Normal 20
Why are Mexican kids so loud? (Sep '10) 1 hr clemmanna 104
Devil got hold on Presbyterians Now 3 hr Kohlrabi 19
Greene County parents must read! 4 hr Concerned Deeply 2
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]