Comments
21 - 37 of 37 Comments Last updated Feb 25, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ralph

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Sep 22, 2010
 
I went to GHS and my wife went to SGHS in the late 80's and early 90's. We both have good jobs and we never have any arguments about which one is the better school, and which one has a better football program. " GHS " she says gives the kids a better education and we all know which one has the better football program. GO DEVILS ! I have seen in the past 5 to 10 years a lot of young men that are good football prayers in the county get look over by lower level colleges to play football. Not for where they played in highschool like the county schools but because the level of talent that they played against, and the level of coaching that they receive. That is another thing. Look at the talent level of some of the coaches that are coaching now. It sucks!!!!! GHS's coaching talent is good but there is a few in the county that are head coaches that suck bad. They sucked when the played football so you can just wonder if they are qualified to teach and coach the game of football. I'm not going to mention any names of sucky coaches in the county but you know who you are. Maybe that is why the county schools can't play with GHS football. It might not be the kids fault it might be the coaching talent. Think about it. Not sayin the coaches are bad people and roll models for the kids but are they realy a good football coach ? Has anyone seen that 30 on 30 show that ESPN is airing right now called THE BOYS OF FALL. I think' It has Kenny Chesney in it. It is about highschool football and goes in depth about what a true coach is and what life lessons that you gain by playing football. If you have the time you need to watch it. Let me know what you think. And yes we played SGHS and CDHS in the late 80's and early 90's. I just think that GHS gives the student athlete a better chance in life. Nothing against the county schools.
just commenting

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Sep 22, 2010
 

Judged:

1

baller wrote:
i truthfully think that all these haters on here know that greeneville will always whip ass and sure they always have one or two good atheletes but if they would come to greeneville they could have been great (jaylynn shuff) and tssaa moved us down. the year before we got moved down we still won the imac division against morristown, cherokee, cocke county and all them and by the way flyer we play 4a in the state so suck that dick and we dont get ranked there for nothing as jeff county, sully south, elizabethton, and those hicks from rebel hill. Greeneville can play with everybody, even in a cow pasture. we always played were we shouldnt have, up and now that we are playin where we should we are still whippin ass. Just bcuz yall cant bully everybody around doesnt mean u have to cry. and if u cant beat them join and yes we will take anyone who wants to play for a winning team at greeneville so get smart and come to a winning program
Maybe GHS can outplay everyone because they're so pumped up on steroids. Didn't one of the football players here just get caught with the stuff and needles to boot?????????? Just saying.....money and juice can sure help alot.
puzzled

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Sep 22, 2010
 
i am just curious when and who from GHS got a football scholarship to a major university? Not haten just curious!
Inyoureyeball

Vonore, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Sep 22, 2010
 
puzzled wrote:
i am just curious when and who from GHS got a football scholarship to a major university? Not haten just curious!
dustin Moore ut
Andy moon Alabama
Frankie debusk firman, not a1a school but was an all American and not fo knee injury would have went pro. Won like 2 national titles
Can not remeber dude's name but he went to lsu.
Their where a few more that went to big colleges but do not recall their names.
Marty story Clemson
puzzled

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Sep 22, 2010
 
Inyoureyeball wrote:
<quoted text>
dustin Moore ut
Andy moon Alabama
Frankie debusk firman, not a1a school but was an all American and not fo knee injury would have went pro. Won like 2 national titles
Can not remeber dude's name but he went to lsu.
Their where a few more that went to big colleges but do not recall their names.
Marty story Clemson
well in your eyeball I guess I should have stated LATELY these names were at least 15 years ago, but thank you kindly for the info!
Just Saying

Mechanicsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Sep 22, 2010
 

Judged:

1

baller wrote:
i truthfully think that all these haters on here know that greeneville will always whip ass and sure they always have one or two good atheletes but if they would come to greeneville they could have been great (jaylynn shuff) and tssaa moved us down. the year before we got moved down we still won the imac division against morristown, cherokee, cocke county and all them and by the way flyer we play 4a in the state so suck that dick and we dont get ranked there for nothing as jeff county, sully south, elizabethton, and those hicks from rebel hill. Greeneville can play with everybody, even in a cow pasture. we always played were we shouldnt have, up and now that we are playin where we should we are still whippin ass. Just bcuz yall cant bully everybody around doesnt mean u have to cry. and if u cant beat them join and yes we will take anyone who wants to play for a winning team at greeneville so get smart and come to a winning program
As fas as being hicks from REBEL HILL,I saw alot of GHS girls with dresses on with COWBOY BOOTS.Thats about as REDNECK as you can get.Seems to me that some of your city girls want to be HICKS on REBEL HILL!!!!
Greeneville Haughty Snots

Gallatin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Sep 23, 2010
 

Judged:

1

The only reason GHS plays the county schools is for an ego boost. The band and football team alone have the same number of kids that some of the county schools have in the entire student body. Greeneville can't hang with the big dogs where they so much want to be, so they must revert to dropping a division or two every couple years. And the main reason the county folk hate GHS with such passion is simply because 95 % of the students and parents think their crap doesn't stink. Get over yourself people...you live in East TN like the rest of us...why don't you get off your high horse and act like it...or do us all a favor and go somewhere you might fit in better. Another piece of advice...(I know it's hard but try to climb out of Niswonger's pocket long enough to get a breath on your own).
i agree

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Sep 23, 2010
 
Greeneville Haughty Snots wrote:
The only reason GHS plays the county schools is for an ego boost. The band and football team alone have the same number of kids that some of the county schools have in the entire student body. Greeneville can't hang with the big dogs where they so much want to be, so they must revert to dropping a division or two every couple years. And the main reason the county folk hate GHS with such passion is simply because 95 % of the students and parents think their crap doesn't stink. Get over yourself people...you live in East TN like the rest of us...why don't you get off your high horse and act like it...or do us all a favor and go somewhere you might fit in better. Another piece of advice...(I know it's hard but try to climb out of Niswonger's pocket long enough to get a breath on your own).
KUDOS!
Anonymous

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Sep 23, 2010
 
are you serious wrote:
Greeneville has always played South Greene and Chuckey Doak. Why are you asking? Mad your boys got slautered tonight?:-)
i graduated in 86 from ghs i don't remember us playing cd but did plat sg but they didn't plat some years in the late 80's or 90's i dont remember wich
SGHS FAN

Mechanicsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Sep 23, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Greeneville Haughty Snots wrote:
The only reason GHS plays the county schools is for an ego boost. The band and football team alone have the same number of kids that some of the county schools have in the entire student body. Greeneville can't hang with the big dogs where they so much want to be, so they must revert to dropping a division or two every couple years. And the main reason the county folk hate GHS with such passion is simply because 95 % of the students and parents think their crap doesn't stink. Get over yourself people...you live in East TN like the rest of us...why don't you get off your high horse and act like it...or do us all a favor and go somewhere you might fit in better. Another piece of advice...(I know it's hard but try to climb out of Niswonger's pocket long enough to get a breath on your own).
I'm glad someone else has their eyes open.You are RIGHT on soooo many things in your post.
GHS Graduate 2002

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Sep 29, 2010
 
CountyParentCityEmployee wrote:
The previous football coach wanted to drop down because he felt he would be more productive. Niswonger, Bewley, and Coach Duncan were against it. They did drop down.
TSSAA did the changes to the way that the classification system was set up. If you are in a higher class, you may still be in a conference with a lower class. Greeneville did decide to drop down as they would have been in 5A, but they wanted to drop down to 4A to be more competitive. Had they not, they would have had more travel, but the decision was theirs. TSSAA gave them an option.
In fairness, they do have the numbers of a 4A school, but they had been playing up (though numbers were always very close). The difference is that Gville, having great sports teams, was always able to attract county players. So, the number of county kids going to Gville does make the numbers less of a factor as a higher percentage of athletes went than regular students. Same thing happens everywhere, though. That is why city schools tend to be better than county ones. Look at Science Hill and DB.
Now you are going to start seeing Greeneville slide down in athletics as the director is not putting as much a premium on athletics, athletes are leaving Greeneville to go back to county schools, and less county athletes are going to go to city schools. With GHS playing county schools so often, elementary students are going to go for their county schools more often. They will despise Gville and be less likely to go there.
GMS athletics are dropping. The basketball team has lost something. The baseball team is dropping off. Last year DeBusk beat GMS in baseball badly. CDMS then played in a tourney at Gville and lost a close game by 1 after a call took away runs as the umpire said a player missed first even though he was in the outfield making a ruling on a catch/no catch. They then played in the championship of that tourney and CDMS beat GMS by a run rule.
Sure GHS is still the top, but playing down will take away the big wins against bigger schools and losses to county schools will hurt a lot.
Greeneville 56 TN HIGH 7 need i say more.......
Grant Jones

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Sep 29, 2010
 
Best player on this years team is freaking brandon jones. he be straight beasting all those pansy hoes from the county school who arent even worthy oppenents to step on the field with the devils. beezy you better hit me up
You Are A Joke

Gallatin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Sep 29, 2010
 
Grant Jones wrote:
Best player on this years team is freaking brandon jones. he be straight beasting all those pansy hoes from the county school who arent even worthy oppenents to step on the field with the devils. beezy you better hit me up
Go lay down somewhere bitch boy
Gvil-o line

Old Hickory, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Feb 25, 2011
 
Thanks gj and to all u county pus's ..........YOU suck! Just to let u we do play the big dogs and whoop their asses too. So f$&@ off and these kids from the city that go to the county suck ass anyways! Just to let u know we do play 4a ha ha and anyone who wants to try on my ring u can lol or wait hit the weights first u prolly can't lift that lol (:
Jim Elliott

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Feb 25, 2011
 
The 80s wrote:
I don't remember GHS playing South Greene and Chuckey Doak in the 80's. GHS played Morristown East, Morristown West, Newport, Elizabethton, Cherokee. I'm a huge GHS fan. Go Devils!! Who else did GHS play in the 80's?
We Also played Sullivan South, we did play South Greene too. We Aldo played Erwin and Davey Crockett
pawn stars

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Feb 25, 2011
 
I am in the market for state champion rings. Anyone interested in selling? Please reply. Will pat top dollar, no questions asked...
Gvil-o line

Old Hickory, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Feb 25, 2011
 
He'll no not me

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Greeneville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••