First Prev
of 28
Next Last
so sad

Johnson City, TN

#556 Feb 25, 2014
Grip Grip that's all you know how to do. How about letting go it's over now.. So glad
coach at fault

Greeneville, TN

#557 Feb 25, 2014
Lady Reb Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Ricker was manhandled and even her finesse game was off, not making 3s and free throws. Upton hustled as always but missed some easy layups at the beginning of the game which could have put Cloudland away early. Williams was awesome and almost single handed came close to given them a win. Wykle's temper finally cost them a W. Nothing from the bench. It was a team loss to a team with not as much talent. Out coached, out played. There is no one on the South Greene Team with the heart and desire of the point guard on Cloudland's team, she deserved the win. South Greene use to have a whole team of players and coaches like her but not anymore.
Win or lose, the coach is at fault. He made a lot of mistakes last night that could have made the difference. After this many years, it is time to face the music. Gregg is not South Greene material. You have to be able to motivate and know how to handle girls on the high school level to have success. Gregg simply does not possess that formula. It is just a fact and he would be doing the families of South Greene a favor if he would just be man enough to say coaching high school basketball is just not in the cards for me. A lot of families would respect him for this.
Release

Greeneville, TN

#558 Feb 25, 2014
coach at fault wrote:
<quoted text>
Win or lose, the coach is at fault. He made a lot of mistakes last night that could have made the difference. After this many years, it is time to face the music. Gregg is not South Greene material. You have to be able to motivate and know how to handle girls on the high school level to have success. Gregg simply does not possess that formula. It is just a fact and he would be doing the families of South Greene a favor if he would just be man enough to say coaching high school basketball is just not in the cards for me. A lot of families would respect him for this.
Are you applying for the coaching position? You sound like a really good motivator to me. I bet you are exactly what this school needs.
G girl7

Greeneville, TN

#559 Feb 25, 2014
As with the south green school the ref ronnie fox that lived close to there is and still is missed he taught the kids what they did wrong when he blew the whistle 1.one of a kind.
guy

Vernal, UT

#560 May 4, 2014
Culture has changed, time has changed, limitations on coaches and teachers, and parents all wanting power and knowing EVERYTHING....... Universal thing in America now. The thought of him not being able to coach at the high school level is irrational at best. The man has produced consecutive trips to state tournament in Volleyball....he clearly can handle players at the high school level. Even in this new era of sports where kids and parents have a sense of entitlement about everything. Attend seminars, coaching clinics, and sports clinics as a parent and then make an educated statement about this. 90% of this is illogical ramblings of emotion driven people. Its quite numbing. I hope you spend more time improving yourself and children than you do on here. If not I will gladly share these wonderful words with students every. Makes for a good lesson on classy behavior.
Release

Greeneville, TN

#561 May 4, 2014
guy wrote:
Culture has changed, time has changed, limitations on coaches and teachers, and parents all wanting power and knowing EVERYTHING....... Universal thing in America now. The thought of him not being able to coach at the high school level is irrational at best. The man has produced consecutive trips to state tournament in Volleyball....he clearly can handle players at the high school level. Even in this new era of sports where kids and parents have a sense of entitlement about everything. Attend seminars, coaching clinics, and sports clinics as a parent and then make an educated statement about this. 90% of this is illogical ramblings of emotion driven people. Its quite numbing. I hope you spend more time improving yourself and children than you do on here. If not I will gladly share these wonderful words with students every. Makes for a good lesson on classy behavior.
Very well said. I totally agree!
let him

Greeneville, TN

#562 May 4, 2014
guy wrote:

then let him coach volleyball. with basketball he has no clue. parents etc. are not the problem. I can't tolerate a leader who tries to blame everyone but the elephant in the room for failure.
outside parent

United States

#563 May 4, 2014
Why has the principal not done something about him? Why haven't the parents gone and complained somewhere besides here?
Slick

United States

#564 May 5, 2014
guy wrote:
Well Said

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 28
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mail carrier won't pickup my mail??? (Dec '10) 18 min Rural carrier 97
The Alphabet game 34 min Dixie iron fist 27
wikq football (Oct '13) 34 min billy rock 53
south greene football 39 min mike davis 138
get rid of Robert Sayne 43 min Saine 78
***** last post wins ***** 49 min Jessie Hope 68
to u 1 hr mom 13
Body found in Greeneville creek 1 hr zdab15 11
Scintillaire Restaurant 1 hr Dr Wu 40
Mayor Daniels tries to pull Fast one 2 hr jock itch 13