not feeling it

Greeneville, TN

#512 Nov 22, 2013
Just so sick of names getting all the breaks. Oh but I guessthat is okay since we have a ricker on board. Not feeling it.
Athens

Greeneville, TN

#513 Nov 23, 2013
Just me wrote:
<quoted text>That's the problem with south greene... all they think about is athletics at that school. Most of the students there don't care at all about basketball ... but you wouldn't know it by all of the emphasis that is put on the few chosen ones.
Actually it appears most of the emphasis is on academics, according to the latest state report card. Highest ACT composite score in Greeneville-Greene County, and the highest English and math scores.

Seems like they're doing something right.
okie dokie

Greeneville, TN

#514 Nov 23, 2013
okie dokie they came down so they could get to state. I'm doubtin they can get it done. Maybe a few more years of coach dumb dumb and they will get their fill.
Job

Greeneville, TN

#515 Nov 24, 2013
Who caressssss
Peg

Johnson City, TN

#516 Nov 24, 2013
not feeling it wrote:
Just so sick of names getting all the breaks. Oh but I guessthat is okay since we have a ricker on board. Not feeling it.
OMG! Whatever will you do next year? Who will you whine about then?
OMG

Greeneville, TN

#519 Nov 24, 2013
Whine and complain, yet you have no suggestions.
never know

Greeneville, TN

#520 Nov 24, 2013
OMG wrote:
Those who have players who never had to prove themselves will never know what the other players go thru. We will be going through the same thing in a couple of years.
really

Greeneville, TN

#521 Nov 25, 2013
OMG wrote:
Like dah, really get another coach.
OMG

Greeneville, TN

#522 Nov 25, 2013
Get another coach?? Who??
For real

Greeneville, TN

#523 Nov 25, 2013
Anyone will work. Just someone who wants to be there, that will coach, that will lift a finger to get things done, and that has class and respect for the girls. That pretty much says it all!!! He is lazy and won't work himself. Where was he during summer conditioning sessions? He does very little. The girls have it bad! He says one thing and then fusses at them for what he tells them to do. That's a problem!!!! He's out of his league big time. It's way past time for a change. What coach refers to his team as a bunch of average joe's? A coach that is not even close to being an average coach himself. The girls wont have the respect they need to after comments like that. You owe the girls an apology!! You've been teaching and coaching how long and you still don't know and understand girls any better than this? We are ready for him to go back to CDHS. They may enjoy your many plays that must be run or else or the one set play for I believe it's called a press offense. I'm sure other teams will pick that up like myself. It doesn't take a rocket scientist!!! Please send us another Joe but one who puts forth effort, wants to be there, and who knows and loves the game and is there for the right reasons, tries, and has respect for he girls.
outsider

Union Mills, NC

#525 Nov 26, 2013
I think all these people that hate the coach so bad should step and volunteer. Go get your teaching degree and get a job at the school. Or if you have kids playing there and you don't like the sports move them. I am sure another school will let them play if they are so good as most parents think their child is or they can sit on the bench of another school and you can say oh my child played for so and so when actually they did nothing. It is so easy to bash the coach in any sport but there are options you can take. Step up and be a man/woman.. quit yacking and do something.
OMG

Greeneville, TN

#526 Nov 26, 2013
Amen outsider.
wow

Elizabethton, TN

#527 Nov 26, 2013
It use to be nice and go watch a good basketball game. Now you go and listen to these parent yell and say ugly thing at or about their coach. I would rather stay home than go and have to listen to that. The last game we went to, there was a fight in the stands. who wants to be there not me
agree

Greeneville, TN

#528 Nov 26, 2013
I think that all of us that agree that Gregg needs to go, needs to meet for coffee. At least we can discuss it without offending all these poor folks that love him so much. How about McDonalds on Saturday morning say 10 a.m. I am sure most people are afraid to show their faces. But personally I am ready to get this ball rolling.
Volunteers

Greeneville, TN

#529 Nov 27, 2013
A volunteer would not be welcomed! Don't you think that would have happened long ago if allowed. Everyone else in the county welcomes it but not us. It's needed!
Oliver

Elizabethton, TN

#530 Nov 27, 2013
Would kids score as high if they didn't have teachers who give the tests? Just sayin!
outsider

Greenville, SC

#531 Nov 27, 2013
Oliver wrote:
Would kids score as high if they didn't have teachers who give the tests? Just sayin!
Does this comment make sense? Are you saying teachers cheat on test? Lmao that is funny. The teachers who teach the class don't give the test. Someone else does.
Laughter

Greeneville, TN

#532 Dec 1, 2013
For real wrote:
Anyone will work. Just someone who wants to be there, that will coach, that will lift a finger to get things done, and that has class and respect for the girls. That pretty much says it all!!! He is lazy and won't work himself. Where was he during summer conditioning sessions? He does very little. The girls have it bad! He says one thing and then fusses at them for what he tells them to do. That's a problem!!!! He's out of his league big time. It's way past time for a change. What coach refers to his team as a bunch of average joe's? A coach that is not even close to being an average coach himself. The girls wont have the respect they need to after comments like that. You owe the girls an apology!! You've been teaching and coaching how long and you still don't know and understand girls any better than this? We are ready for him to go back to CDHS. They may enjoy your many plays that must be run or else or the one set play for I believe it's called a press offense. I'm sure other teams will pick that up like myself. It doesn't take a rocket scientist!!! Please send us another Joe but one who puts forth effort, wants to be there, and who knows and loves the game and is there for the right reasons, tries, and has respect for he girls.
. Well don't got to ANY of the elementary coaches lookin for one on the south side because we don't have one--- N and D schools coaches sit on the bleachers and coach, several of the kids for years have said we have never seen our coach show us how to post dribble cut Or even seen her shoot a ball and she was suppose to be this great "star" P-U-Lease
Chuckey Dee

Johnson City, TN

#533 Dec 2, 2013
Why would she need to show them how to post when all of her daughters are guards? That's her main focus. Everybody knows that! I'm from the other side of the county and know that. She'll not be coaching in 2 yrs. when the last one is gone.
Player

Greeneville, TN

#534 Dec 3, 2013
Laughter wrote:
<quoted text>. Well don't got to ANY of the elementary coaches lookin for one on the south side because we don't have one--- N and D schools coaches sit on the bleachers and coach, several of the kids for years have said we have never seen our coach show us how to post dribble cut Or even seen her shoot a ball and she was suppose to be this great "star" P-U-Lease
The D coach can't sit still. So you must be wrong on many levels....post moves were covered. Papaw had a guard for a daughter and a post. I guess you dont know it all after all. so if they don't know it's because they have no bball sense, and they coach with what their given. Our school didn't have the luxury of having a bunch come from other schools. As for seeing her shoot she gets out and plays with her teams so not sure what your talking about. Work with your kids and see that they improve. People dont want to work they just show up for games and expect good results. Most wont play high school ball and even fewer go on to play at the college level. I believe she and her sister both moved on to play at the college level and they got their school paid for and had much success. She is not interested in coaching at the hs level. So let it be. Sounds like someone is worried.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just announced! 500th post wins trip to Hawaii. 20 min Pretend 2 B Normal 18
"Greeneville police: 2 infants found dead in ho... 23 min confirmation 93
Effects from smoking cigarettes 30 min Melissa1333 11
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 33 min Melissa1333 5,589
Who are the best pool players? 35 min Melissa1333 32
Slow Internet with Centurylink (Mar '13) 37 min unc tarheel 30
baileyton police dept. 1 hr BeltonLOL 21
Greeneville Snobs 5 hr Independent1 27
Why so paranoid? 8 hr Dixie iron fist 80
Feeling lonely for the holidays 8 hr Dixie iron fist 132
Principal at Mosheim 22 hr Friend Of 58
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE