akin

Greeneville, TN

#448 Dec 31, 2012
tunnel vision wrote:
<quoted text>
I tend to agree my friend. When you have a kid with true tallent and the coach does not know how to recognize that tallent or worse yet what to do with it and how to help that tallent grow, that's a problem. There are always more than one and sometimes more than two on any senior team that has enough tallent to get a scholarship. With Gregg I don't see that happening. He has tunnel vision. Broaden your horizons man!!!
If he did that, the rickers, cutshaws, renners (wykles) and that whole bunch would burn him at the stake. Just be glad if your kid doesn't go to this school or be even more glad if your kid doesn't want to play a sport at this school. It reminds me of the old south where cousins married cousins. Not a lot of different as to how they pick their teams. If your akin you are in.
Whatever

Johnson City, TN

#449 Dec 31, 2012
akin wrote:
<quoted text>
If he did that, the rickers, cutshaws, renners (wykles) and that whole bunch would burn him at the stake. Just be glad if your kid doesn't go to this school or be even more glad if your kid doesn't want to play a sport at this school. It reminds me of the old south where cousins married cousins. Not a lot of different as to how they pick their teams. If your akin you are in.
I thank God everyday my kid doesn't go to this school!
finally

Nashville, TN

#450 Dec 31, 2012
care less wrote:
<quoted text>
There are at least 2 or 3 more Uptons sitting on his bench. The R girl should never have been put before the U girl. That is what is wrong with this coaching staff. They are stuck in the past. Just like the coaching staff has changed so should the coaching. You need to ignore names and get to playing the best players. Let their shoes on the floor B4 you get to their junior year and you just might have a state championship team on your hands. Otherwise, just stay stuck in the past with the same old names getting all the playing time. I could care less really.
Wonder just how many like the Upton player had to wait and wait for a chance to play with the big girls. She is running circles round the "best players" so many on here want to talk about. Just think if she had gotten her chance her freshman year what we could have done. She should have gone to North Greene. They would not have missed her tallent for a full two years there.
why

Johnson City, TN

#451 Dec 31, 2012
why didn't she go to North Green, l would have passed up SG. in a heartbeat. It not that l got anything against Gregg its just the people out there thinks everything should go their way . That is the most jealous bunch or parents and fans thst i've ever seen.
Whatever

Johnson City, TN

#452 Dec 31, 2012
why wrote:
why didn't she go to North Green, l would have passed up SG. in a heartbeat. It not that l got anything against Gregg its just the people out there thinks everything should go their way . That is the most jealous bunch or parents and fans thst i've ever seen.
Or ever will see. Went ahead and finished your last sentence for you.
a grown up

Nashville, TN

#453 Dec 31, 2012
why wrote:
Sweet cakes it ain't just the parents and fans who are sick of the way he is coaching - the kids would welcome a grown up for a coach.
just might

Nashville, TN

#454 Jan 1, 2013
I predict that by the time my baby gets to SG things will change. The old era is just that old! There will come a time when a good human being walks to those doors who really cares about all the people who walk that the door and then we just might concentrate on being on top again.
so stupid

Nashville, TN

#455 Jan 5, 2013
Take a really good look at the bench coach goofy.
Oliver

Elizabethton, TN

#456 Jan 6, 2013
Can you say Class A...Go Coach Gregg u da bomb !
such a joke

Nashville, TN

#457 Jan 6, 2013
Oliver wrote:
Can you say Class A...Go Coach Gregg u da bomb !
How embarrassing that we had to come down like GHS did to be able to get to state. Coaches in the past didn't have to stoop so low. He is just such a joke for a high school coach.
Whatever

Elizabethton, TN

#458 Jan 6, 2013
such a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
How embarrassing that we had to come down like GHS did to be able to get to state. Coaches in the past didn't have to stoop so low. He is just such a joke for a high school coach.
If, which I doubt, you do get to state. Why don't you move up then, like GHS does and play the bigger schools?
no audience

Greeneville, TN

#459 Jan 7, 2013
so stupid wrote:
Take a really good look at the bench coach goofy.
Go Upton go, go, go!!!

Two years were wasted. For two years she sat on that bench.

That's 2 whole years of any significant playing time down the tubes.

What else is this coach missing. Any coach worth their job would have spotted that kind of tallent long before this year.

That's just stupid.

But watch, this kind of madness continues every year.

My advice, send any kid with real tallent to any of the other three high schools and they'll get playing time.

Not at South Greene.

The biggest school for name recognition!!

Just makes one want to lose their cookies.

Learn from your idiot mistakes Gregg. Take a long hard look.

Naw, it won't happen.
agree

Greeneville, TN

#460 Jan 14, 2013
no audience wrote:
<quoted text>
Go Upton go, go, go!!!
What else is this coach missing. Any coach worth their job would have spotted that kind of tallent long before this year.
That's just stupid.
My advice, send any kid with real tallent to any of the other three high schools and they'll get playing time.
Not at South Greene.
Naw, it won't happen.
You hit it right between the eye. I would agree.
haha

Charlotte, NC

#461 Jan 14, 2013
Go upton go go...lets see where we get.....a first loss in the district tournament is where you'll be........so go upton go...at least the season will be over and you can shut your mouth!!
bout time

Greeneville, TN

#462 Jan 16, 2013
haha wrote:
Go upton go go...lets see where we get.....a first loss in the district tournament is where you'll be........so go upton go...at least the season will be over and you can shut your mouth!!
Just can't stand it when the chosen ones get outshined by someone else can you? People in the stands have known all along that Stupid Coach Gregg was leaving the real tallent on the bench.
Well at least the chosen one did a little better the last game. Course the other one who should have been behind Upton all along is getting a little better too. With all that extra playing time it is about time. My question is where are all the old rebels and their great takes? Since they obviously can't get over themselves.
bout time

Greeneville, TN

#463 Jan 16, 2013
no audience wrote:
<quoted text>
Go Upton go, go, go!!!
That's just stupid.
Not at South Greene.
Naw, it won't happen.
Wish I had put this on here. Many in the stands share in this statement. South Greene coaching is nuts. Notice how in the paper tonight Gregg is really stretching about the other tallent on the bench. Guess he is trying to cover his sorry coaching. Yep good luck with that.
dah

Greeneville, TN

#464 Jan 22, 2013
haha wrote:
Somebody musta hit a nerve! All Gregg gets done is showing his spineless spine. The Upton girl is a class act as are some of the other lady rebels. Our beef is when everybody in the gym knows he is playing name over the best player. Dah!
maybe

Greeneville, TN

#465 Jan 22, 2013
dah wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody musta hit a nerve! All Gregg gets done is showing his spineless spine. The Upton girl is a class act as are some of the other lady rebels. Our beef is when everybody in the gym knows he is playing name over the best player. Dah!
Maybe it's like it was in my day, the coach is giving extra playing time for "extra PLAYING time". Oh yes it does go on and it went on in my day. Now you can read into this whatever you want to.
OMG

Plover, WI

#466 Jan 22, 2013
maybe wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it's like it was in my day, the coach is giving extra playing time for "extra PLAYING time". Oh yes it does go on and it went on in my day. Now you can read into this whatever you want to.
You are kidding. OMG! Who would want to play with this coach? LOL.
basketball fan

Greeneville, TN

#467 Jan 23, 2013
It amazes me how stupid people are. If Coach Gregg is so bad...then why has he beat GHS not once, but twice this year, and I must say pretty bad at home. Yeah the girls struggled at NGHS, but they won! They have beaten CDHS 4 times this year. It's so easy to jump on a band wagon and put someone down when you have no freaking idea what goes on behind the practices, and the games. Girls will be girls. Not everybody is going to have a star night, no matter what your last name is. I have sat in the stands and heard the parents of those players scream at their own kids...that is their job..not anybody else. If a parent is upset how their "star" is being treated, then grown up, put your big girl panties on and have an adult conversation with the coach. People are too quick to judge and they will never be happy unless their "baby" is a star. Like the song says, this is a different life...when you weren't picked for the team, you got over it. Not everyone is going to be picked and yeah there has to be starters and bench warmers..if you don't like sitting on the bench, get up off your butt and work harder.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Feeling lonely for the holidays 6 min Really 84
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 51 min Jennifer Renee 5,550
Principal at Mosheim 54 min WGAlumni 54
MEN that like to be called 'DADDY' by their LADY 1 hr Veronica 9
How offen do u eat her out? 1 hr Veronica 5
tyler walls at dtr 1 hr dtr worker 22
'Behold, Atheists' New Ten Commandments*' 1 hr Nobody 6
wheel tax 5 hr cougarnut 119
What is your favorite poem? 6 hr English Techer 128
"Greeneville police: 2 infants found dead in ho... 9 hr Funny 13
Aggravated Statutory Rape in Greene County Thu Counsler Bob 97
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web