go home

Greeneville, TN

#426 Dec 13, 2012
Just asking wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you the Upton girl is a good player but I don't see it in the other girls on the bench. Don't get me wrong they are good girls but to be able to play with some of these teams I don't think they can do any better than who is on the floor. Now the players will have a bad game just like you and i will have a bad day at work but to say they should be on the floor just because you as a parent thinks so, then it should be seen in practice also right.
To use your own words above you say "I don't think they can do any better than who is on the floor". Which means those on the bench need to be playing to. Practice is a whole can of worms by itself. The coaches should be reprimanded for allowing some of these smart azz players to harass and intimidate the other players. If the coach can't keep this junk in line then he needs to go home.
Lol

Fayetteville, NC

#427 Dec 13, 2012
If the players are harassing the girls on the bench . Then you need to step up and show your ass. I be damned if someone bully's my kids . Ass woopins for everybody .
go home

Greeneville, TN

#428 Dec 13, 2012
Lol wrote:
If the players are harassing the girls on the bench . Then you need to step up and show your ass. I be damned if someone bully's my kids . Ass woopins for everybody .
Your kid is probably the one doing the bullying potty mouth.
gee

Nashville, TN

#429 Dec 26, 2012
Gee wonder how the team is winning without one of the chosen ones? That's right, they just bout lost again didn't they. Gotta admit that little fella do get luck at times.
juan

United States

#430 Dec 26, 2012
gee wrote:
Gee wonder how the team is winning without one of the chosen ones? That's right, they just bout lost again didn't they. Gotta admit that little fella do get luck at times.
who the fk do you think you are?we won and thats what we do dk hd
Yourajoke

Charlotte, NC

#432 Dec 28, 2012
Give it a rest will you please !
honestly

Nashville, TN

#433 Dec 28, 2012
The O N L Y joke at South Greene is this coach. If you have a girl that loves the game you have no choice but to let her play for this stooge. Yes I said stooge. I will not apologize for saying what so many agree is true. Honestly where did the principal E V E R find this guy?
Give us A L L a break and go back to the drawing board and try again.
Honesty

Jonesborough, TN

#434 Dec 29, 2012
I have no ties whatsoever to South Greene. I am a basketball coach, however. I have coached against Coach Gregg before, though not in the last year or so.

The fans and parents want a South Greene team that will win games by huge margins and roll through the state. Those years are over. TSSAA rules and enforcement won't allow those type of dominant teams for South Greene anymore. If LNR in his prime were still here, it wouldn't be nearly as easy.

During those days, it was nothing for a player to decide where she was going to go to school and discuss it with the coaches of those schools. It was nothing to see coaches openly recruiting. Those days are over.

Greeneville is believed to recruit in certain sports. Other schools are believed to do the same. It is illegal. You get caught, you think get in trouble.

What I see is jealousy. I see nothing more, nothing less. Maybe he could go deeper into his bench, but for the most part, the ones out there are the ones who need to be out there.
your right

Johnson City, TN

#435 Dec 29, 2012
Honestly you hit the nail on the head as the old saying goes. That's the way it is and always will be at South Greene nobody will ever please that bunch out there. Way to go Coach Gregg
tired of excuses

Nashville, TN

#436 Dec 29, 2012
Honesty wrote:
I have no ties whatsoever to South Greene. I am a basketball coach, however. I have coached against Coach Gregg before, though not in the last year or so.
The fans and parents want a South Greene team that will win games by huge margins and roll through the state. Those years are over. TSSAA rules and enforcement won't allow those type of dominant teams for South Greene anymore. If LNR in his prime were still here, it wouldn't be nearly as easy.
During those days, it was nothing for a player to decide where she was going to go to school and discuss it with the coaches of those schools. It was nothing to see coaches openly recruiting. Those days are over.
Greeneville is believed to recruit in certain sports. Other schools are believed to do the same. It is illegal. You get caught, you think get in trouble.
What I see is jealousy. I see nothing more, nothing less. Maybe he could go deeper into his bench, but for the most part, the ones out there are the ones who need to be out there.
lazy coaches make lazy players! he needs to get up of his little fat butt and work hard to make players WANT to come to SG to play. I am sick of hearing how those days are gone. Yeah there gone because of a lazy coach. And if you question if he needs to go deeper on the bench -- well you just are stupid to even question that. You might get lucky and get to state but you will Never win a championship without a deep bench. Coming in down the line may work for some of you but for the rest of us first is something we were use to for years!!!!!!!
mama

Mooresville, NC

#438 Dec 29, 2012
South Greene looked good in the classic they are really coming together coach gregg is doing a very nice job with this team I would love for him to get the Greeneville job at the end of the season when they fire the joke of a coach they have now
Whatever

Johnson City, TN

#439 Dec 29, 2012
tired of excuses wrote:
<quoted text>
lazy coaches make lazy players! he needs to get up of his little fat butt and work hard to make players WANT to come to SG to play. I am sick of hearing how those days are gone. Yeah there gone because of a lazy coach. And if you question if he needs to go deeper on the bench -- well you just are stupid to even question that. You might get lucky and get to state but you will Never win a championship without a deep bench. Coming in down the line may work for some of you but for the rest of us first is something we were use to for years!!!!!!!
If you get a coach that makes the girls work hard. Then you will have parents complaining about that. Done happened before and you got rid of the best coach you will ever have. I totally agree with you on the working hard part and the bench. Big games are usually won in the last two minutes. The more rest the players can get, the better your chance of winning in the end.
Honesty

Jonesborough, TN

#440 Dec 30, 2012
tired of excuses wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it. As I said, I am a coach. You get who you get. You can't just work to make players want to come to you. You get caught, you are probably going to lose your job as a coach. Some of these places can get by with it, but not all of us can. I imagine that with 5 schools within Greene County, that will be tough. The recruiting would have to be at the elementary level in getting the players to go to DeBusk and Nolachuckey primarily. Nothing can really be done to them. It seems GMS picks off kids from other schools because while they are in the association, it is limited what is going to be done to a middle school.

I don't agree that you have to have a deep bench to win a state championship. I have seen it happen before. It certainly helps. Girls especially need the deeper bench than in the boys, but you have to have the players there. I don't know that much about the ones on the bench, but I would guess he doesn't have the faith that they can handle it or they would be in there. Or maybe he feels his first 5 to 7 are that much better. Not all teams can be Science Hill and run a whole new 5 out there.

Have you asked to meet with him and see what your daughter can do to get better? Approaching a coach about playing time is a no-no, but you can always phrase things a bit better and get the same results.
us too

Nashville, TN

#441 Dec 30, 2012
mama wrote:
South Greene looked good in the classic they are really coming together coach gregg is doing a very nice job with this team I would love for him to get the Greeneville job at the end of the season when they fire the joke of a coach they have now
South Greene would love to see Greeneville get this excuse for a coach too. Please take him.
mama

Mooresville, NC

#442 Dec 30, 2012
LOL AS BAD AS YOU ALL THINK HE IS HOW WOULD YOU HAVE FELT IF YOU HAD A GAME EARLY IN THE SEASON AND COACH GREG WAS A NO SHOW AND WHY MIGHT YOU ASK HE WAS PLAYING IN A TENNIS TOURNAMENT THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED AT GHS THIS YEAR WHEN THEY PLAYED AUSTIN EAST I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HEAR YOU ALL AFTER THAT
neither

Nashville, TN

#443 Dec 30, 2012
mama wrote:
LOL AS BAD AS YOU ALL THINK HE IS HOW WOULD YOU HAVE FELT IF YOU HAD A GAME EARLY IN THE SEASON AND COACH GREG WAS A NO SHOW AND WHY MIGHT YOU ASK HE WAS PLAYING IN A TENNIS TOURNAMENT THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED AT GHS THIS YEAR WHEN THEY PLAYED AUSTIN EAST I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HEAR YOU ALL AFTER THAT
Awe a no show. We can dream bout that. Maybe then we'd get a real coach. The better players are not getting the opportunity they need either.
Rebel lady

Charlotte, NC

#444 Dec 30, 2012
The good players are on the floor...if it's not yours, maybe she should work a little harder.
care less

Nashville, TN

#445 Dec 30, 2012
Rebel lady wrote:
The good players are on the floor...if it's not yours, maybe she should work a little harder.
There are at least 2 or 3 more Uptons sitting on his bench. The R girl should never have been put before the U girl. That is what is wrong with this coaching staff. They are stuck in the past. Just like the coaching staff has changed so should the coaching. You need to ignore names and get to playing the best players. Let their shoes on the floor B4 you get to their junior year and you just might have a state championship team on your hands. Otherwise, just stay stuck in the past with the same old names getting all the playing time. I could care less really.
tunnel vision

Nashville, TN

#446 Dec 30, 2012
care less wrote:
<quoted text>
There are at least 2 or 3 more Uptons sitting on his bench. The R girl should never have been put before the U girl. That is what is wrong with this coaching staff. They are stuck in the past. Just like the coaching staff has changed so should the coaching. You need to ignore names and get to playing the best players. Let their shoes on the floor B4 you get to their junior year and you just might have a state championship team on your hands. Otherwise, just stay stuck in the past with the same old names getting all the playing time. I could care less really.
I tend to agree my friend. When you have a kid with true tallent and the coach does not know how to recognize that tallent or worse yet what to do with it and how to help that tallent grow, that's a problem. There are always more than one and sometimes more than two on any senior team that has enough tallent to get a scholarship. With Gregg I don't see that happening. He has tunnel vision. Broaden your horizons man!!!
UT Fan

Cowpens, SC

#447 Dec 30, 2012
You all need to get over it! Coach Gregg is doing a good job!!! They are winning. They don't have the size to win State!!! He has them playing hard and they liked good at the Land Air Tournament! If he was undefeated you all would still Bitch! Just get over it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GREENEVILLE 6th in state crime 5 min Insider 9
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 7 min WTSenior 149,775
Linda Kirk + furniture... 8 min Notice 17
NFL goodell vs ray rice 27 min Kohlrabi 19
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 29 min zekesafreak 9,445
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 49 min Jennifer Renee 4,110
Is ur dog airgant? 1 hr Rod Sugarstick 5
Greene County Commissioners Are So Embarrassing 3 hr citizen 53
new sheriff in town made his 1st big change. 12 hr Glock 36
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE