Comments
361 - 380 of 549 Comments Last updated May 5, 2014
Long Time Fan

Paducah, KY

#365 Nov 23, 2012
we have the talent wrote:
Therejust isn't any excuse for losing to NG. I'm not putting NG down it's just that SG has the talent to win and our coach is clueless. He's playing his picks again and leaving good talent on the bench.
I can honestly say this is an inaccurate statement. South Greene is putting its best ball players on the floor at the beginning of the game. They are short on depth and if he would have went deeper than he did he would not have been in the ball game. North Greene is good but South Greene probably has better talent though small. The coach made one big mistake he sat the team back inside to guard Morrow the first half and did not put any pressure on them outside of token pressure from Wykle. This allowed North Greene, a bigger ball team, to rest the first half and be strong the second half. When the game finally got into South Greene's best pace North Greene was well rested and could keep up and with Cutshaw not hitting the game was lost. The coach is getting better but is not there yet. Tradition is important at South Greene as well as any successful program. South Greene is known for pressure defense, transition game, up tempo, post play. Post play is not there in starters or bench people, that is out. For them to try and go half court game with teams like they did the first half with North Greene, they are going to lose a lot. As for second half they outplayed North Greene but Cutshaw has been streaky all her career and it was not there for her. Do you quit feeding her or take her out, no, you win or lose with her. This is not a state championship team, too small, no post play, very little depth. But, the coach is getting closer to what South Greene Lady Rebel Basketball is all about, it can be fun this year.
LMAO

Nashville, TN

#366 Nov 24, 2012
Long Time Fan wrote:
<quoted text>I can honestly say this is an inaccurate statement. South Greene is putting its best ball players on the floor at the beginning of the game. They are short on depth and if he would have went deeper than he did he would not have been in the ball game. North Greene is good but South Greene probably has better talent though small. The coach made one big mistake he sat the team back inside to guard Morrow the first half and did not put any pressure on them outside of token pressure from Wykle. This allowed North Greene, a bigger ball team, to rest the first half and be strong the second half. When the game finally got into South Greene's best pace North Greene was well rested and could keep up and with Cutshaw not hitting the game was lost. The coach is getting better but is not there yet. Tradition is important at South Greene as well as any successful program. South Greene is known for pressure defense, transition game, up tempo, post play. Post play is not there in starters or bench people, that is out. For them to try and go half court game with teams like they did the first half with North Greene, they are going to lose a lot. As for second half they outplayed North Greene but Cutshaw has been streaky all her career and it was not there for her. Do you quit feeding her or take her out, no, you win or lose with her. This is not a state championship team, too small, no post play, very little depth. But, the coach is getting closer to what South Greene Lady Rebel Basketball is all about, it can be fun this year.
LMAO!!!
hope so

Nashville, TN

#367 Nov 24, 2012
Is it true that petition is being talked about?
no brains

Nashville, TN

#368 Nov 25, 2012
Wish on a star that we could get a coach who has a clue what the hello they are doing. He is an idiot in our humble opinion. When they do win it is nothing but luck. Brains has nothing to do with it.
frickin crazy

Nashville, TN

#369 Nov 25, 2012
Long Time Fan wrote:
<quoted text>I can honestly say this is an inaccurate statement. South Greene is putting its best ball players on the floor at the beginning of the game. They are short on depth and if he would have went deeper than he did he would not have been in the ball game. North Greene is good but South Greene probably has better talent though small. The coach made one big mistake he sat the team back inside to guard Morrow the first half and did not put any pressure on them outside of token pressure from Wykle. This allowed North Greene, a bigger ball team, to rest the first half and be strong the second half. When the game finally got into South Greene's best pace North Greene was well rested and could keep up and with Cutshaw not hitting the game was lost. The coach is getting better but is not there yet. Tradition is important at South Greene as well as any successful program. South Greene is known for pressure defense, transition game, up tempo, post play. Post play is not there in starters or bench people, that is out. For them to try and go half court game with teams like they did the first half with North Greene, they are going to lose a lot. As for second half they outplayed North Greene but Cutshaw has been streaky all her career and it was not there for her. Do you quit feeding her or take her out, no, you win or lose with her. This is not a state championship team, too small, no post play, very little depth. But, the coach is getting closer to what South Greene Lady Rebel Basketball is all about, it can be fun this year.
We will be taking our two daughters elsewhere in a couple.

We are just surprised that the parents haven't insisted on a coach who doesn't have his head stuck out of sight. Just watching him is frickin crazy folks.
not pretty

Greeneville, TN

#370 Nov 26, 2012
no brains wrote:
Wish on a star that we could get a coach who has a clue what the hello they are doing. He is an idiot in our humble opinion. When they do win it is nothing but luck. Brains has nothing to do with it.
I am just glad a lot of kids are not going to the south side to play any more. It's easy to see that SG was not that good for all those years because of any coaching skills. It was based on all the recruitment that went on. Coach Gregg is way to lazy to get out and do any recruiting. He really isn't liked very much and what is said behind his back not pretty. He plays the "in" kids way to much. The junior should have had her shoes on the floor long before this year. He still is leaving good talent on the bench to get the "in" kids some playing time. How do these coaches sleep at night?
sore losers

Johnson City, TN

#371 Nov 26, 2012
It not been all SG girls its been the best girls from the county and out of the county. This is what it would have been like all these years if the coaches hadn't recruited all those players. It should have been made that you couldn't go out of your district, but if ball is the most important thing in school then l guess its ok as long as you are winning,but when you start losing it worst thing for the parents to accept. Hang in there Gregg .
not pretty

Greeneville, TN

#372 Nov 26, 2012
sore losers wrote:
It not been all SG girls its been the best girls from the county and out of the county. This is what it would have been like all these years if the coaches hadn't recruited all those players. It should have been made that you couldn't go out of your district, but if ball is the most important thing in school then l guess its ok as long as you are winning,but when you start losing it worst thing for the parents to accept. Hang in there Gregg .
Hang in there Gregg???? We sure hope not.
mommy

Angier, NC

#373 Nov 26, 2012
Look at it this way if he had recruiting your girls probably wouldn't even be on the team! Would you rather have them on the bench and part of a losing team or not a part of a winning team! What do you all want. All of these high schools are the same. You all have been around for awhile. Regardless of the coach from what you all are saying the I'm getting the impression you all are jealous of some of the girls on the team. Don't be they are just kids. You all are coming across blaming the coach for you all jealousy of them young girls. Come on be a person your children can look up to don't teach them to be jealous and stand in the background teach them to grow and mature and try harder!
Whatever

Elizabethton, TN

#374 Nov 26, 2012
Recruit, You've got to be kidding. What does South Greene have to offer, than anyone would leave any school in Greene or surrounding counties to attend there. From what I understand, they are stepping down in class size anyway.
maybe

Nashville, TN

#375 Nov 26, 2012
mommy wrote:
Look at it this way if he had recruiting your girls probably wouldn't even be on the team! Would you rather have them on the bench and part of a losing team or not a part of a winning team! What do you all want. All of these high schools are the same. You all have been around for awhile. Regardless of the coach from what you all are saying the I'm getting the impression you all are jealous of some of the girls on the team. Don't be they are just kids. You all are coming across blaming the coach for you all jealousy of them young girls. Come on be a person your children can look up to don't teach them to be jealous and stand in the background teach them to grow and mature and try harder!
What in fire is there to be jealous of? My child could run circles around the Gregg "girl". Until he learns that you can't get to a state tournament let alone win one when you build your team around 1 player. Maybe when the Cutshaw girl is gone he can actually concentrate on some other players.
mommy

Matthews, NC

#376 Nov 26, 2012
its sounds like your bitter because your girl is on the bench i am not trying to upset you but maybe you should go straight to the source "the coach" and see what the deal is. dont talk about him go tell him!
maybe

Nashville, TN

#377 Nov 26, 2012
mommy wrote:
its sounds like your bitter because your girl is on the bench i am not trying to upset you but maybe you should go straight to the source "the coach" and see what the deal is. dont talk about him go tell him!
You are joking right? With that chip this coach has on his shoulder my kid would never see the gym floor again. He really has no business coaching. He is like a parent who has five children but caters to only one of them.
be happy

Johnson City, TN

#378 Nov 26, 2012
If you people think Gregg is bad you should see what is at Nolachuckey. Now there is a person that knows nothing about coaching. He does not practice them hard, he runs a defense that he has not prac. He has no clue on how to change a defense when everyone n the gym knows how to beat him. But he does not want any help. So he is twice as dumb as anyone you can think of.

“I've Always Been This Stupid”

Since: May 12

Greeneville TN

#379 Nov 26, 2012
be happy wrote:
If you people think Gregg is bad you should see what is at Nolachuckey. Now there is a person that knows nothing about coaching. He does not practice them hard, he runs a defense that he has not prac. He has no clue on how to change a defense when everyone n the gym knows how to beat him. But he does not want any help. So he is twice as dumb as anyone you can think of.
Derek Dooley is coaching at Nolichuckey?
Whatever

Elizabethton, TN

#380 Nov 29, 2012
Things may be looking up. Rumor has it that Gruden is going to be your coach next year.
one

Nashville, TN

#381 Nov 30, 2012
be happy wrote:
If you people think Gregg is bad you should see what is at Nolachuckey. Now there is a person that knows nothing about coaching. He does not practice them hard, he runs a defense that he has not prac. He has no clue on how to change a defense when everyone n the gym knows how to beat him. But he does not want any help. So he is twice as dumb as anyone you can think of.
Well at least he doesn't do like Gregg did when he was there. One kid was all he knew how to concentrate on.
Me coach

United States

#382 Dec 1, 2012
Whatever wrote:
Things may be looking up. Rumor has it that Gruden is going to be your coach next year.
Jeff Renner and his daughter that teaches will be the new coaches. Just wait and see. All policies will change and it will happen.
Whatever

Elizabethton, TN

#383 Dec 1, 2012
Not all, but the ones that keep complaining about the coach, your life must be miserable. You'd find something to complain about if you went undefeated. I actually feel sorry for your daughters. I sure hope complaining has a lot of vitamins in it. I'm sure that's all your daughters get to eat every night. Who in the world would want to coach out there. Jesus couldn't please a lot of you guys. So SAD!
Lol

United States

#384 Dec 1, 2012
Agreed with whatever ! Everybody knows all them girls are going to the WBA !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 13 min miss tuffet 146,288
How do u telemarkter? 16 min Shemp Sharpe 0
Anybody know this loser 17 min Gary 10
UR best memerys of penitintary life? 25 min Shemp Sharpe 0
april ricker (Jan '11) 31 min anguspalm 14
OBAMA wears southern plantation owner suit GOP... 44 min FriendofDog 8
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 44 min Steve 3,682
BEWARE: Tinted Windows 1 hr Car Pounder 28
Greeneville people rude as hell 4 hr Dr Wu 26
south greene football 18 hr CampCreeper 55
•••
•••
Greeneville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••