South Greene Lady Rebels

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 29
Next Last
wyw

Greeneville, TN

#1 Dec 28, 2011
Whew!!!!!!!!!! Yah!!!!!!!!!! Whoopee!!!!!!!!!!
huh

Julian, NC

#2 Dec 28, 2011
Who is that?
making fun

Nashville, TN

#3 Dec 28, 2011
wyw wrote:
Whew!!!!!!!!!! Yah!!!!!!!!!! Whoopee!!!!!!!!!!
Hey you making fun of our 7th place?
Just me

Albemarle, NC

#4 Dec 28, 2011
making fun wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey you making fun of our 7th place?
You got two more wins to go to get 7th. Don't count your chickens yet hunny! Lol
Missing

Albemarle, NC

#5 Dec 28, 2011
Where'd it go? Can't find the thread about s green's coach?
puzzled

Nashville, TN

#6 Dec 28, 2011
I am puzzled. Between the kids talking to each other and listening to parents how did this coach end up at a school that doesn't want him there?
many

Greeneville, TN

#7 Dec 29, 2011
Missing wrote:
Where'd it go? Can't find the thread about s green's coach?
If a grown man is letting something as silly as a thread bother him, no wonder he can't handle a team. Larry would have laughed at this kind of stuff and Chris paid absolutely no attention to it last year. Get some skin coach if you wanna play at a school who loves it's Lady Rebels as much as we do. There is NEVER gonna be another Larry who brought so much intensity to the game. Larry is one of the biggest reasons we get to enjoy the Lady's Classics every year. A lot of people miss those days but we are willing to go forward with the right coach. Unfortunately, after almost two years, we just don't feel that coach should be Gregg. I'm not mad about it just expressing an opinion many share.
South Greene Fan

Kingston Springs, TN

#8 Dec 29, 2011
many wrote:
<quoted text>
If a grown man is letting something as silly as a thread bother him, no wonder he can't handle a team. Larry would have laughed at this kind of stuff and Chris paid absolutely no attention to it last year. Get some skin coach if you wanna play at a school who loves it's Lady Rebels as much as we do. There is NEVER gonna be another Larry who brought so much intensity to the game. Larry is one of the biggest reasons we get to enjoy the Lady's Classics every year. A lot of people miss those days but we are willing to go forward with the right coach. Unfortunately, after almost two years, we just don't feel that coach should be Gregg. I'm not mad about it just expressing an opinion many share.
I respect this post. I agree their will never be another Larry Neil who was a great coach. However times have changed and that same intensity was what got him in a pickle the last part of his career. Kids and parents aren't the same as 20 years ago and coaches can't be the way they were because it's looked upon as being to tough. The other part of the problem is and this isn't downing no child at all but their hasn't been the same type of talent the last 10 years that they used to have. In all honesty forget Division I like we used to have we have had very few who could play Division II or NAIA and thats just being honest. There have been a few but not like in years past. This is what I see. People were upset when 1)Dyer got the job,2)they were upset when Chris didn't, 3)they were upset when Gregg got the job and Chris didn't,4) they got upset when Chris helped Gregg and said they were playing favortism towards the Ricker girls and now 5) they are unnhappy again with Gregg and no Ricker. So the question is what is going to make them happy and who do they want as coach because it seems as if all they want to do is complain annd talk about the good ol days.As I said im not being negative toward any player or person I would just liketo hear the solutions for all these problems.
lo and behold

Jonesborough, TN

#9 Dec 29, 2011
let the coach do his job. kids learn to take the bitter losses with the wins and go on and try to do better next time.. parents let the coach do the coaching , that would help as much as anything.
many

Greeneville, TN

#10 Dec 29, 2011
South Greene Fan wrote:
<quoted text>I respect this post. I agree their will never be another Larry Neil who was a great coach. However times have changed and that same intensity was what got him in a pickle the last part of his career. Kids and parents aren't the same as 20 years ago and coaches can't be the way they were because it's looked upon as being to tough. The other part of the problem is and this isn't downing no child at all but their hasn't been the same type of talent the last 10 years that they used to have. In all honesty forget Division I like we used to have we have had very few who could play Division II or NAIA and thats just being honest. There have been a few but not like in years past. This is what I see. People were upset when 1)Dyer got the job,2)they were upset when Chris didn't, 3)they were upset when Gregg got the job and Chris didn't,4) they got upset when Chris helped Gregg and said they were playing favortism towards the Ricker girls and now 5) they are unnhappy again with Gregg and no Ricker. So the question is what is going to make them happy and who do they want as coach because it seems as if all they want to do is complain annd talk about the good ol days.As I said im not being negative toward any player or person I would just liketo hear the solutions for all these problems.
I just came from the game and there are a lot of problems with this coach. Too many to put here. When you have the talent sitting right there on your bench and you can't see it or, even worse, play another player because of who them belong to (which he did a little less this game actually) you should be coaching grade school, not high school. I know it must be tough having a player on your team whose dad teaches with you, but that is where the rubber meets the road. Larry rarely had any girl on his team that sat on the bench. If they couldn't play, then you didn't make the team. Now before anyone has a cow, please don't irritate parents further by telling them that there are not favorites on every team, every year. Whether it is because of their last name or whatever the reason, this does happen. That is the difference in parents and the kids now. They don't feel inclined, as in Larry's days, to be silent and just fuss among each other. You are correct in that it is very different -- both with the kids, parents but also with the coaches. The main element I see is the weakness in the coaches regarding discipline. This needs to be addressed right now on this team in a big way. Look at what happened during today's game. Cutshaw is a good player but the coach needs to address her inability to discipline herself in a big way. Not to punish her but to show her that with her natural abilities by getting her temperament under control, she will have even more success. Bottom, line the buck stops with the coach to control his team and make the girls the best they can be. To do that, he/she must not only see each player's potential but be willing to take the heat when he must get his own feelings out of the way for the good of the team.
Mouth Full

Greeneville, TN

#11 Dec 29, 2011
many wrote:
<quoted text>
I just came from the game and there are a lot of problems with this coach. Too many to put here. When you have the talent sitting right there on your bench and you can't see it or, even worse, play another player because of who them belong to (which he did a little less this game actually) you should be coaching grade school, not high school. I know it must be tough having a player on your team whose dad teaches with you, but that is where the rubber meets the road. Larry rarely had any girl on his team that sat on the bench. If they couldn't play, then you didn't make the team. Now before anyone has a cow, please don't irritate parents further by telling them that there are not favorites on every team, every year. Whether it is because of their last name or whatever the reason, this does happen. That is the difference in parents and the kids now. They don't feel inclined, as in Larry's days, to be silent and just fuss among each other. You are correct in that it is very different -- both with the kids, parents but also with the coaches. The main element I see is the weakness in the coaches regarding discipline. This needs to be addressed right now on this team in a big way. Look at what happened during today's game. Cutshaw is a good player but the coach needs to address her inability to discipline herself in a big way. Not to punish her but to show her that with her natural abilities by getting her temperament under control, she will have even more success. Bottom, line the buck stops with the coach to control his team and make the girls the best they can be. To do that, he/she must not only see each player's potential but be willing to take the heat when he must get his own feelings out of the way for the good of the team.
What a mouth full. Some points are ok. To coach you need to be tough. If you seem weak the kids can feel it. If you are looking to win a popularity contest then coaching is not your bag. LOL. I'm from the Renner days. Renner was a likable guy which made up for any other stuff we might not have agreed with. Ricker was about winning or nothing and people admired that even if it drove them crazy at times. Hawk Dyer and now Gregg don't seem to fit into those categories.
good advice

Nashville, TN

#12 Dec 29, 2011
many wrote:
<quoted text>
This is good advice but will probably fall on deaf ears. As a coach when you have players with grid and talent luck should have nothing to do with winning.
lilsis

Johnson City, TN

#13 Dec 29, 2011
many wrote:
<quoted text>If a grown man is letting something as silly as a thread bother him, no wonder he can't handle a team. Larry would have laughed at this kind of stuff and Chris paid absolutely no attention to it last year. Get some skin coach if you wanna play at a school who loves it's Lady Rebels as much as we do. There is NEVER gonna be another Larry who brought so much intensity to the game. Larry is one of the biggest reasons we get to enjoy the Lady's Classics every year. A lot of people miss those days but we are willing to go forward with the right coach. Unfortunately, after almost two years, we just don't feel that coach should be Gregg. I'm not mad about it just expressing an opinion many share.
I agree. Coach Adam hansel acts like he is gonna replace coach Larry ricker but, I hate to tell him and coach Gregg,"They need to go to another place" they don't do a bit of good, I hate them.
reason

Nashville, TN

#14 Dec 30, 2011
puzzled wrote:
I am puzzled. Between the kids talking to each other and listening to parents how did this coach end up at a school that doesn't want him there?
Reason = Bowman
Morons

Fort Campbell, TN

#15 Dec 30, 2011
The coaches aren't the ones out on the floor. If teams lose, it's the players fault. Plain and simple. You're either good or you're not. Get a life people. It's podunk high school basketball. Go to games, have a good time, and shut up! This doesn't just apply to this team. It should apply to everyone. Geez
Duhh

Knoxville, TN

#16 Dec 30, 2011
Morons wrote:
The coaches aren't the ones out on the floor. If teams lose, it's the players fault. Plain and simple. You're either good or you're not. Get a life people. It's podunk high school basketball. Go to games, have a good time, and shut up! This doesn't just apply to this team. It should apply to everyone. Geez
Last time I checked, the coach is responsible for who is out on the floor.
If you don't like this thread don't read it DA.
goodness

Clemmons, NC

#17 Dec 30, 2011
Ok lovelies,you always look for someone to blame. Hard work breeds success. Look at the wghs lady buffs. They have worked hard for several years now and are now meeting with some success this year. And yes you read it right they have worked hard for several years. And guess what the parents don't like their coach eithe. Moral of this story is work hard play hard success will come.
because

Nashville, TN

#18 Dec 30, 2011
goodness wrote:
Ok lovelies,you always look for someone to blame. Hard work breeds success. Look at the wghs lady buffs. They have worked hard for several years now and are now meeting with some success this year. And yes you read it right they have worked hard for several years. And guess what the parents don't like their coach eithe. Moral of this story is work hard play hard success will come.
WG is winning because they have a new coach who is taking the girls to the next level. Something the old coach could never have done.
because

Nashville, TN

#19 Dec 30, 2011
Morons wrote:
If the coaches are not the ones who produce the wins by knowing who to put in and when, then why even have coaches? Heck the school could use that extra money and the lady rebels could probably coach themselves better without this coach. You can not producea team that can make it to the state by depending on 1 player. I am sure by now the other schools are figuring out that if you stop Cutshaw the lady rebels are going to lose. Gregg did this in grade school to. In my opinion and from the remarks we are hearing, we will lose a few more lady rebels next year.
Chevy girl

Elizabethtown, KY

#20 Dec 31, 2011
There are some players I would like to see come back (Donahue, Haire girls) but it won't happen..too bad...they brought in competition and it was fun to watch

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 29
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I get on topix 1 hr fraud 63
Christy Garrett 2 hr Wokie Spoket 6
***** last post wins ***** 2 hr Kohlrabi 292
rice box 3 hr Skillz 14
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 3 hr Melissa1333 5,059
d w i and u s nitrogen 3 hr Other side 7
Black Friday 3 hr josh 12
Tragedy 12 hr Trunketeer 10
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match