What happened at the YMCA tonight

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Y Man

Fort Campbell, TN

#1 Mar 13, 2012
I seen multiple police cars at the Y tonight does anyone know what was going on
Benny Hill

Smyrna, TN

#2 Mar 13, 2012
Y Man wrote:
I seen multiple police cars at the Y tonight does anyone know what was going on
The cops hired a personal trainer to help them work off their doughnuts.
Maximus

Nashville, TN

#3 Mar 13, 2012
Y Man wrote:
I seen multiple police cars at the Y tonight does anyone know what was going on
One of the moms didn't think her son was getting enough playing time and attacked the coach. The mom weights about 200 pounds and the coach weighed about 100 pounds.
really

Smyrna, TN

#4 Mar 13, 2012
are you serious
hatin

Smyrna, TN

#5 Mar 13, 2012
thats sad
Y Man

Fort Campbell, TN

#6 Mar 13, 2012
Maximus wrote:
<quoted text>One of the moms didn't think her son was getting enough playing time and attacked the coach. The mom weights about 200 pounds and the coach weighed about 100 pounds.
WOW people are crazy. Who were the people involved.
Maximus

Nashville, TN

#7 Mar 13, 2012
Y Man wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW people are crazy. Who were the people involved.
The mom was a Tweed. Her sister in law is Whitney Tweed. Whitney was involved in the fight and attacked. She attacked one of the other coaches. The mom knocked one of the kids against the wall. It was awful for the kids to have to see this.
Hummm

Kingsport, TN

#8 Mar 14, 2012
Maximus wrote:
<quoted text>The mom was a Tweed. Her sister in law is Whitney Tweed. Whitney was involved in the fight and attacked. She attacked one of the other coaches. The mom knocked one of the kids against the wall. It was awful for the kids to have to see this.
Here is the story from WGRV, which was taken from the police report:

The Greeneville Police Department responded to a report of an
assault following a youth basketball game Tuesday night at the
YMCA.
Two women claimed that a mother confronted them after a game and
was upset about the amount of playing time her son received. An
argument ensued between one of the women and the mother, who
allegedly began pulling at the woman's hair and started hitting
her.
During the altercation, the second woman and her daughter
alleged that they were also assaulted by the mother, who left
the building before police arrived around 7:30 PM.
Officer Billy Christy filed the report for the Greeneville
Police Department.

If Whitney was involved, it sounds as if she wasn't on the side of the mother. Apparently, the mother fought with the 2 women(assume coaches). I'm sure more details will hit this forum within a few hours.
The Ironies in Life

United States

#9 Mar 14, 2012
Whoever was involved are stupid. What a wonderful example for your child.
Honestly

Nashville, TN

#10 Mar 14, 2012
She can make a big $ donation to the team her kid is with or she can form her own team to coach. Either way, her kid will get playing time. That's how it works around here.
WTF

Johnson City, TN

#11 Mar 14, 2012
A woman was attacked by a Sweatt-hog.
THE TRUTH

Fort Campbell, TN

#12 Mar 14, 2012
Honestly wrote:
She can make a big $ donation to the team her kid is with or she can form her own team to coach. Either way, her kid will get playing time. That's how it works around here.
Aint that the truth! Thats how it is at the Park and Rec also. Its not played fair thats for sure. I mean some of these coaches and parents act like recruiters are there watching their child play wanting them to be drafted into a college or better yet professional league. Im tired of seeing kids walk away from there being hurt because they didnt get to play. I think every kid should be treated fairly and not leaving there with their confidence lower than before they played. My child has even cried because he didnt get to play but do you think anyone at the Rec cared "NO"!
observer

Brentwood, TN

#13 Mar 14, 2012
Not many people are going to like this,but here it is..I believe the Rec and the Y have their rules about everyone on a team playing and how they should be coached.And that is all well and good.But the way of the world is this..and it is sad.If your child has talent,he will play,especially when they get older.The biddy stuff works well for everybody because they are all on about the same level.Some people will say that it is not about winning.It is just letting kids learn and play..WAKE UP..Most of the time,your child will not play much if he is not as talented as a child that is.Even the other kids on the team will have something to say about it.EVERYBODY wants to win..The coaches do not have time to be a teacher to every kid they coach..Parents have to practice with their children and encourage them also.Don't expect a coach to do it all.They can't.If you want your child to play more,work with them.Help them.Don't attack somebody who didn't let your child play as much as you wanted them to.It is simple.A child who can score or be an asset to a team will be the one with playing time.To think a coach will be "nice" and let someone play when there is a "heated "game going on is kind of ridiculous..I am just telling it like it is..Kids are going to get feelings hurt.A lot of times,the parents make it worse.I am not a coach..I have just been around sports a long time and this is what I have seen..
Poker

United States

#14 Mar 14, 2012
What the hell is it about the parents and youth coaches around here? Sorriest bunch of overgrown children I've ever seen. There are stories like this popping up all the time like this around here.

Someone should take them out back and pee in their butts.
Yparent

Shelby, NC

#15 Mar 14, 2012
As a mother of two who are both involved in sports, I think this is pathetic. My children play multiple sports. They are better at some then others and they spend more time on the bench some games than others. Have I gotten upset at times... Yes who hasn't? However as an adult you keep yourself under control! Not only to keep yourself from looking like a fool but more importantly to keep your child from being embarrassed, hurt, worried, or scared! Think of the outcome of some children who see their parents attacking people. Is this what you want them to learn? You don't get your way so you hit someone? Come on these are kid games that are suppose to be teAching skills in that sport!

“Oderint dum metuant”

Since: Mar 12

Main Street

#16 Mar 14, 2012
I really hope this mothers kid never goes pro. She would be perched up in the bleachers with a sniper rifle!
why not

Nolensville, TN

#17 Mar 14, 2012
probably Mark Crum dressed up as a woman. he has that type of aggression and its his mentality.
scrounger

Hermitage, TN

#18 Mar 14, 2012
observer wrote:
Not many people are going to like this,but here it is..I believe the Rec and the Y have their rules about everyone on a team playing and how they should be coached.And that is all well and good.But the way of the world is this..and it is sad.If your child has talent,he will play,especially when they get older.The biddy stuff works well for everybody because they are all on about the same level.Some people will say that it is not about winning.It is just letting kids learn and play..WAKE UP..Most of the time,your child will not play much if he is not as talented as a child that is.Even the other kids on the team will have something to say about it.EVERYBODY wants to win..The coaches do not have time to be a teacher to every kid they coach..Parents have to practice with their children and encourage them also.Don't expect a coach to do it all.They can't.If you want your child to play more,work with them.Help them.Don't attack somebody who didn't let your child play as much as you wanted them to.It is simple.A child who can score or be an asset to a team will be the one with playing time.To think a coach will be "nice" and let someone play when there is a "heated "game going on is kind of ridiculous..I am just telling it like it is..Kids are going to get feelings hurt.A lot of times,the parents make it worse.I am not a coach..I have just been around sports a long time and this is what I have seen..
WINNER,WINNER,CHICKEN DINNER!!!!!!!
WHITNEY

United States

#21 Mar 14, 2012
If you call trying to break in up and pulling people off, then yes I was involved. She is my sister-in-law. I had to try to break it up. But geez people, you probably weren't even there. You are just going by rumors. Notice that the story says "two women claimed" lol that's just one side, and probably the side if Grace and her sister. You know there are always two sides to every story. But I will have to say, please leave my name off of this. I did nothing wrong here.
Hummm wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the story from WGRV, which was taken from the police report:
The Greeneville Police Department responded to a report of an
assault following a youth basketball game Tuesday night at the
YMCA.
Two women claimed that a mother confronted them after a game and
was upset about the amount of playing time her son received. An
argument ensued between one of the women and the mother, who
allegedly began pulling at the woman's hair and started hitting
her.
During the altercation, the second woman and her daughter
alleged that they were also assaulted by the mother, who left
the building before police arrived around 7:30 PM.
Officer Billy Christy filed the report for the Greeneville
Police Department.
If Whitney was involved, it sounds as if she wasn't on the side of the mother. Apparently, the mother fought with the 2 women(assume coaches). I'm sure more details will hit this forum within a few hours.
Maximus

Nashville, TN

#22 Mar 14, 2012
Hummm wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the story from WGRV, which was taken from the police report:
The Greeneville Police Department responded to a report of an
assault following a youth basketball game Tuesday night at the
YMCA.
Two women claimed that a mother confronted them after a game and
was upset about the amount of playing time her son received. An
argument ensued between one of the women and the mother, who
allegedly began pulling at the woman's hair and started hitting
her.
During the altercation, the second woman and her daughter
alleged that they were also assaulted by the mother, who left
the building before police arrived around 7:30 PM.
Officer Billy Christy filed the report for the Greeneville
Police Department.
If Whitney was involved, it sounds as if she wasn't on the side of the mother. Apparently, the mother fought with the 2 women(assume coaches). I'm sure more details will hit this forum within a few hours.
Yes I am sure more details will follow. Whitney was on the side of the mother and was involved in the fight. Their are many witnesses and the story will come out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hannah and jordan 6 min Sybil 3
On the 1st day of Christmas 6 min From Jenny xoxo 34
What goes on at Timberfell? (Sep '11) 10 min Screw Beech Creek... 278
Thieves on Chuckey Pike 15 min RobbedOnChristmas 1
Feeling lonely for the holidays 21 min onlooker 141
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 1 hr Bree_Z 5,643
Boone Fletcher 3 hr Zippy 3
"Greeneville police: 2 infants found dead in ho... 3 hr From Jenny xoxo 162
Principal at Mosheim 18 hr Geeze Louise 79
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:22 am PST

Bleacher Report12:22AM
Atlanta Falcons: Steven Jackson out Opens Up the Offense More
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Colts' Complete Week 17 Preview vs. Titans
NFL 5:53 AM
Steven Jackson reportedly likely out for Falcons
NBC Sports10:26 AM
Panthers RB Williams probable vs. Falcons - NBC Sports
ESPN10:41 AM
Panthers RB Stewart gets nod vs. Falcons