Fall out from meeting...
Old Guy

Greeneville, TN

#1 Jul 23, 2014
I have been told that The General Morgan Inn and several other motels have had cancellations for rooms due to the publicity of Overholt and his arrest. Seems people who want to move here are not so certain now that they see the actions of the governing bodies... can this be verified ? If this is true, that is a real "shot in the foot" moment for Greene County !
BOiaF

Greeneville, TN

#2 Jul 23, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
I have been told that The General Morgan Inn and several other motels have had cancellations for rooms due to the publicity of Overholt and his arrest. Seems people who want to move here are not so certain now that they see the actions of the governing bodies... can this be verified ? If this is true, that is a real "shot in the foot" moment for Greene County !
Source?

Link?

LOL....total BS, old guy.
Embarrassed for us all

Greeneville, TN

#3 Jul 23, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
I hope that this is true. The only way a lesson is learned around here is if it costs the Good Old Boys some money!

“The doctor is in!”

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#4 Jul 23, 2014
I was up by Davy Crockett camp,ground today and all the campers had left. :)

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#5 Jul 23, 2014
Dr Wu wrote:
I was up by Davy Crockett camp,ground today and all the campers had left.:)
Left what?(shrug and grin)
Randall Mc Daniel

Plainfield, IL

#6 Jul 23, 2014
cretin56 wrote:
<quoted text>Left what?(shrug and grin)
Smoldering campfires.

Location hidden

#7 Jul 23, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
Idiots...this is laughable drama at its worst. BS big time..old and lame almost to the point of sounding Puritanical. Seen a lot of turnover in the local parishes,also with new pastors names sprouting up more frequently than the election signs at the intersections. What in the world do we blame this on,hmmm? Hypocrisy in it's truest form..
Greeneville

Johnson City, TN

#10 Jul 24, 2014
I haven't even seen a humming bird since that happened.

Location hidden

#11 Jul 24, 2014
laughable drama wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think Eddie's arrest for asking a question is "laughable drama"? Or were you referring to the guy saying the General Morgan was losing business?
The General Morgan losing business. Nothing laughable about that man getting arrested for making an untimely request.Sorry for the confusion..#5555
Oh No

United States

#12 Jul 24, 2014
Watt confusion ?!?

Location hidden

#13 Jul 24, 2014
Oh No wrote:
Watt confusion ?!?
Everywhere?!?

“The doctor is in!”

Location hidden

#14 Jul 24, 2014
Oh No wrote:
Watt confusion ?!?
Help! I know what you mean. I'm I allowed to put a 100 in a 60 watt socket? And don't even get me started about fluorescent or LED change overs.....

Location hidden

#15 Jul 24, 2014
Dr Wu wrote:
<quoted text>
Help! I know what you mean. I'm I allowed to put a 100 in a 60 watt socket? And don't even get me started about fluorescent or LED change overs.....
That comment needs to be over on the doomsday prepper thread, I believe..lol
yes

Ramseur, NC

#17 Jul 27, 2014
Nope wrote:
<quoted text>
While its true people don't want to move here I really don't believe the Gen Morgan is seeing cancellations because really, they hardly ever have any guests to start with!
Four big REAL reasons that people refuse to move to Greeneville are the horrific traffic jams on the antiquated bypass, a lack of any real good restaurants(no real good steakhouses but 3 McDonald's and 2 Hardee's?), the downtown ghost town that rolls up the sidewalks promptly at 5 pm, and finally the cops that fry everybody trying to flee the mayhem for greener pastures (45 mph on a large expanse of open 4 lane headed out of town?).

Apparently Greeneville is being strangled by by those in power who refuse to allow it to evolve into the 21st Century. What a shame.

“The doctor is in!”

Location hidden

#18 Jul 27, 2014
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Four big REAL reasons that people refuse to move to Greeneville are the horrific traffic jams on the antiquated bypass, a lack of any real good restaurants(no real good steakhouses but 3 McDonald's and 2 Hardee's?), the downtown ghost town that rolls up the sidewalks promptly at 5 pm, and finally the cops that fry everybody trying to flee the mayhem for greener pastures (45 mph on a large expanse of open 4 lane headed out of town?).
Apparently Greeneville is being strangled by by those in power who refuse to allow it to evolve into the 21st Century. What a shame.
While you were complimenting us you failed to mention that we are all a bunch of uneducated, inbred hicks. Or were you planning on posting that in a later report?
yes

Greer, SC

#19 Jul 27, 2014
Dr Wu wrote:
<quoted text>
While you were complimenting us you failed to mention that we are all a bunch of uneducated, inbred hicks. Or were you planning on posting that in a later report?
Not sure who you thought I was "complimenting", and while there ARE quite a few of those kind of people in Greeneville, I believe Newport has the most, so you might want to head on over to that forum with your pointy stick.
The Difference

Greeneville, TN

#20 Jul 28, 2014
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure who you thought I was "complimenting", and while there ARE quite a few of those kind of people in Greeneville, I believe Newport has the most, so you might want to head on over to that forum with your pointy stick.
There's a bit more in Newport but Greeneville has nothing to be proud of this week!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Uhhhh-ohhhhhh private email again! 6 min SoetoroSucked 8
Max Planck For Sheriff 6 min Max Planck 278
Winter coat donations... 18 min wowwee 3
Honeybees & fighting roosters don't mix 28 min Bastion of dregs 7
Shooting at de Church 30 min Bastion of dregs 3
Hannah Baughard 43 min 3%er 9
Great jobs numbers! 1 hr Max Planck 45
God is destroying America 4 hr Spraberry 81
Nolachuckey Teacher Fired? 7 hr POS 60

Greeneville Jobs