Police Officers In Schools NOT ENOUGH

Police Officers In Schools NOT ENOUGH

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
needmoreprotecti on

Jonesborough, TN

#1 Jan 3, 2013
Time to arm the teachers and staff. One police officer is not enough to deter a determined shooter. Who do you think the shooter will try to take out first? And that is if the officer is even near where the shooter makes his entrance. Obama sends his kids to a school that has more than 1 armed guard, are our children not worthy of equal treatment? I'm perfectly comfortable with my child's teacher packing heat.
Really

Gallatin, TN

#2 Jan 3, 2013
Mental evaluations should be done on anyone put in the school with weapons. I remember that Bobby guy that was a security guard at Greeneville high years ago, he did need to be around any children. Apparently they don't do very good background checks before they hire someone. Hopefully things are better now.
Annie Oakley

Greeneville, TN

#3 Jan 4, 2013
needmoreprotection wrote:
Time to arm the teachers and staff. One police officer is not enough to deter a determined shooter. Who do you think the shooter will try to take out first? And that is if the officer is even near where the shooter makes his entrance. Obama sends his kids to a school that has more than 1 armed guard, are our children not worthy of equal treatment? I'm perfectly comfortable with my child's teacher packing heat.
Do you carry a gun with you EVERYWHERE you go with your child/children? What about movie theaters, churches, malls, and other places children go - shouldn't all those employees be armed as well? Shooters don't just strike at schools. They can be anywhere.
scrounger

Greeneville, TN

#4 Jan 4, 2013
Annie Oakley wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you carry a gun with you EVERYWHERE you go with your child/children? What about movie theaters, churches, malls, and other places children go - shouldn't all those employees be armed as well? Shooters don't just strike at schools. They can be anywhere.
movie theaters Check
churches check
malls check
other places children go check

So yeah pretty much everywhere I/we go.
needmoreprotecti on

Jonesborough, TN

#5 Jan 4, 2013
I carry everywhere there is not a govt or private sanctioned kill zone, otherwise known as a gun free zone. I avoid all private sanctioned kill zones and only disarm and enter govt ones when forced to conduct business in them. As for mental evals, do you require the teachers that are already taking care of your children to have one? Might be some kind of pervert tendencies that you and the administrators need to be aware of. If you trust a teacher to teach your child, then why can't you trust that same teacher with a tool that might help save that child's life?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#6 Jan 4, 2013
I do not agree with teachers being armed. I own a firearm yes, but I would not want my children to be in a school full of them. I would not like to be the teacher whose gun is stolen and used etc either. Simple security, paying attention and keeping the damn doors locked will help tremendously! I am observing disregard just in the last 2 days of the failure of even that!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#7 Jan 4, 2013
If you people are so damn worried, volunteer your time at the schools.
kohlrabi

Johnson City, TN

#8 Jan 4, 2013
Picture this headline:-----schooler steals teacher's gun! Shoots ------! And it WILL happen!
Truth

Toledo, OH

#9 Jan 4, 2013
Wuldnt do them kids not one bit of good cus the cops wuld b on here all the time havin dum conversations bout god an drugs when they at work.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#10 Jan 4, 2013
Truth wrote:
Wuldnt do them kids not one bit of good cus the cops wuld b on here all the time havin dum conversations bout god an drugs when they at work.
That might be an option for many parents, but what about those who work and are unable to do so??

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#11 Jan 4, 2013
Doctor Fill wrote:
If you people are so damn worried, volunteer your time at the schools.
Sorry about the previous post, this is the one I was referring to!!!
needmoreprotecti on

Jonesborough, TN

#12 Jan 4, 2013
kohlrabi wrote:
Picture this headline:-----schooler steals teacher's gun! Shoots ------! And it WILL happen!
Using your logic we can also substitute "School Resource Officer" in place of "teacher" because they carry a gun.
kohlrabi

Johnson City, TN

#13 Jan 4, 2013
needmoreprotection wrote:
<quoted text>
Using your logic we can also substitute "School Resource Officer" in place of "teacher" because they carry a gun.
No, SRO's numbers per school small. More opportunity for my sad scenario if there are more guns available through teachers and administration.
Reefer madness

Smyrna, TN

#14 Jan 4, 2013
I think they should arm all the students so they can shoot back.

“I've Always Been This Stupid”

Since: May 12

Greeneville TN

#15 Jan 4, 2013
Annie Oakley wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you carry a gun with you EVERYWHERE you go with your child/children? What about movie theaters, churches, malls, and other places children go - shouldn't all those employees be armed as well? Shooters don't just strike at schools. They can be anywhere.
A law abiding citizen with a permit is not the same as the shooters you speak of. Very few of the people using guns for senseless violence actually take the time to go to classes and receive a permit. Arming every rent a cop and cashier at the mall is not the answer. There comes a point where the incident you are trying to prevent is less dangerous than the situation created in that prevention.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#16 Jan 4, 2013
School, mall, theater shootings... Arming teachers, stockpiling gun, putting police in schools...

Kids are TERRIFIED of guns.

Guess what's going to happen in a few decades? I guarantee you the kids of today are going to HATE guns in the future. I predict a huge drop in gun ownership over the next generation.

People are sick to death of wars and violence. They are sick to death of being afraid of other people who carry guns.

That's what I think is going to happen...

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#17 Jan 4, 2013
Pretend 2 B Normal wrote:
<quoted text>
A law abiding citizen with a permit is not the same as the shooters you speak of. Very few of the people using guns for senseless violence actually take the time to go to classes and receive a permit. Arming every rent a cop and cashier at the mall is not the answer. There comes a point where the incident you are trying to prevent is less dangerous than the situation created in that prevention.
July 24, 2012--A woman and two young children were wounded on Monday night after a gun accidentally discharged inside of a Walmart store in northeast Dallas.
According to police, a man identified as 23-year-old Todd Canady — who does have a concealed handgun license — went into the Walmart store to purchase groceries. But he had trouble pulling out his wallet at the check-out line. He accidentally dropped and fired his pistol instead. The bullet first grazed Canady in the back of his leg before ricocheting off of the ground.
Debris struck two children and a woman’s ankle as they were standing in line.

January 3, 2013--"Lawful Gun Owner Shoots Friend Accidentally and Goes to Jail" According to the police report, the shooting appeared to have occurred at a couch in the downstairs portion of the residence. SCSO Public Information Officer Leslie Earhart says Flanary was showing his friend a 16-gauge shotgun when it inadvertently fired.
Detectives responded to the home and hospital to speak with witnesses and the victim. Flanary allegedly had a strong odor of alcohol, while a pat down located a small baggy of marijuana in his back pocket.

December 8, 2012--A man’s handgun went off as he was getting into his truck at a western Pennsylvania gun store Saturday, and the shot tragically killed his 7-year-old son, authorities said.
Joseph V. Loughrey, 44, of Sharpsville, was holding the gun while when the 9 mm handgun discharged, hitting his child Craig Allen Loughrey in the chest, according to state police. The boy died at the scene at Twigs Reloading Den in East Lackawannock Township, 60 miles north of Pittsburgh.
Loughrey was trying to sell two guns at the store – one a scope rifle and the other, the handgun, state police said.

January 4, 2013--"Lawful Gun Owner Dad Arrested" A South Carolina man has been charged in connection with the death of his eight-year-old son, whom he accidentally shot on Sunday night.
Police claim Justin Brueger was cleaning his rifle when it accidentally discharged, hitting Easton in the stomach. The boy later died of his injuries at a local hospital.

Just search around on the internet... There are hundreds of stories about accidental shootings involving people possess firearm licenses.

Really

Gallatin, TN

#18 Jan 5, 2013
There's an average of 45 people murdered in the US EVERYDAY. That's around 8,100 people murdered in a 6 month period.

You show us 5 or 6 accidents over a 6 month period.

Give your gun to Obama, I'll keep my gun! Thank You.
Hope

Greeneville, TN

#19 Jan 5, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
School, mall, theater shootings... Arming teachers, stockpiling gun, putting police in schools...
Kids are TERRIFIED of guns.
Guess what's going to happen in a few decades? I guarantee you the kids of today are going to HATE guns in the future. I predict a huge drop in gun ownership over the next generation.
People are sick to death of wars and violence. They are sick to death of being afraid of other people who carry guns.
That's what I think is going to happen...
I hope you are correct.

“I've Always Been This Stupid”

Since: May 12

Greeneville TN

#20 Jan 5, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
July 24, 2012--A woman and two young children were wounded on Monday night after a gun accidentally discharged inside of a Walmart store in northeast Dallas.
According to police, a man identified as 23-year-old Todd Canady — who does have a concealed handgun license — went into the Walmart store to purchase groceries. But he had trouble pulling out his wallet at the check-out line. He accidentally dropped and fired his pistol instead. The bullet first grazed Canady in the back of his leg before ricocheting off of the ground.
Debris struck two children and a woman’s ankle as they were standing in line.
January 3, 2013--"Lawful Gun Owner Shoots Friend Accidentally and Goes to Jail" According to the police report, the shooting appeared to have occurred at a couch in the downstairs portion of the residence. SCSO Public Information Officer Leslie Earhart says Flanary was showing his friend a 16-gauge shotgun when it inadvertently fired.
Detectives responded to the home and hospital to speak with witnesses and the victim. Flanary allegedly had a strong odor of alcohol, while a pat down located a small baggy of marijuana in his back pocket.
December 8, 2012--A man’s handgun went off as he was getting into his truck at a western Pennsylvania gun store Saturday, and the shot tragically killed his 7-year-old son, authorities said.
Joseph V. Loughrey, 44, of Sharpsville, was holding the gun while when the 9 mm handgun discharged, hitting his child Craig Allen Loughrey in the chest, according to state police. The boy died at the scene at Twigs Reloading Den in East Lackawannock Township, 60 miles north of Pittsburgh.
Loughrey was trying to sell two guns at the store – one a scope rifle and the other, the handgun, state police said.
January 4, 2013--"Lawful Gun Owner Dad Arrested" A South Carolina man has been charged in connection with the death of his eight-year-old son, whom he accidentally shot on Sunday night.
Police claim Justin Brueger was cleaning his rifle when it accidentally discharged, hitting Easton in the stomach. The boy later died of his injuries at a local hospital.
Just search around on the internet... There are hundreds of stories about accidental shootings involving people possess firearm licenses.
Accidental shootings are not the same thing. I am talking about people who use a gun to achieve mass killings. Law abiding citizens who respect the weapon enough to earn a permit are rarely the ones shooting up places.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Govenor Pat McCrory defeated! 7 min true 15
declaration of survival 21 min Really 59
News Corker Applauds Unanimous Supreme Court Ruling ... (Jul '14) 2 hr Cam Weber 7
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 3 hr just me 10,505
Another factory gets sweet deal from Trump 3 hr Cam Weber 39
Child Support screwing over men!!! (Dec '10) 5 hr RedHood 382
Chris&Rachael Chandley (Jul '12) 6 hr beastmode 10
Thanks for making us the laughingstock of the p... 16 hr OMG 34

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages