Jehovah's Witnesses??
why

Jonesborough, TN

#1 Feb 12, 2013
What r these people about? I heard they disown there own family if one decides not to be a jw anymore?
formerly catholic

Johnson City, TN

#2 Feb 12, 2013
Wikipedia

“Many have died”

Since: Dec 12

On the road to peace

#3 Feb 12, 2013
why wrote:
What r these people about? I heard they disown there own family if one decides not to be a jw anymore?
Are you a JW... If not then don't worry about it...
why

Jonesborough, TN

#4 Feb 12, 2013
formerly catholic wrote:
Wikipedia
Read that info,hard to believe. Just wanted to know if anyone has had this experience or not, just seems extreme to me.
brainwashed no more

Greeneville, TN

#5 Feb 12, 2013
I was once a Jehovah's witness and it's true that they disown you if you don't follow their rules. Even your own mother or child will disown you. Women are treated like dirt and the elders are dismissive of women if they go to them with a problem or concern. It is a cult. You don't realize it until you get away from it. It is a horrible life to live and I'm so very thankful that I was able to break away from it. I had truly been brainwashed by them. This is no exaggeration. Do not ever get started with them, because you will get quickly be brainwashed and not even realize it. It's so scary for me when I reflect back on the years I was involved with them....
Greene Guy

United States

#6 Feb 12, 2013
go to www.carm.org you can find an indepth analysis of the j.w.s
why

Jonesborough, TN

#7 Feb 12, 2013
brainwashed no more wrote:
I was once a Jehovah's witness and it's true that they disown you if you don't follow their rules. Even your own mother or child will disown you. Women are treated like dirt and the elders are dismissive of women if they go to them with a problem or concern. It is a cult. You don't realize it until you get away from it. It is a horrible life to live and I'm so very thankful that I was able to break away from it. I had truly been brainwashed by them. This is no exaggeration. Do not ever get started with them, because you will get quickly be brainwashed and not even realize it. It's so scary for me when I reflect back on the years I was involved with them....
I recently spoke with a guy whose family has disowned him and his family after he and his wife decided they could not be part of that group anymore. Whats funny is that he did not say anything negative about them but that it hurts.

How can u preach love on the weekends knocking on doors, but when it comes down to actions you hate your own family??!!

Very hypocritical
there

Redmond, WA

#8 May 5, 2013
Jehovah's Witnesses are a CULT -- simple as that.

The only people who join are those who were raised in the CULT, or those who are IGNORANT -- poorly educated whites, or African-Americans and illegal aliens.

The internet is flooded with shocking info on this CULT.

Google "jehovah's" along with "shunning" to see how the CULT requires current JWs to SHUN anyone who leaves the CULT, even children, parents, spouses, etc.

Google "jehovah's" and "employment" to read hours of ridiculous stories about JWs a work.

Google "jehovah's" and "crime" and "mental health" for hours of reading about JWs who are criminals.
theangryguy

Greeneville, TN

#9 May 5, 2013
THEY DO NOT KNOW ANYMORE THAN REGULAR SO CALLED CHRISTIANS DO!
FREE AT LAST

Harrison, TN

#10 Oct 22, 2014
They sure do shun you if you decide to leave or just fade away... There's no honorable way out..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Raising our children to be racist 20 min Binary 59
Ignoring God's WARNING! end time prophecies 25 min BellaRosaLinda 23
The numbers on Trump 28 min BellaRosaLinda 37
About time the Baptists stood up for decency 48 min Anon Too 50
Luved those pink shorts 56 min Kohlrabi 26
Who will win the County Commission race? 1 hr Easily 2
Flaggers are back 1 hr BellaRosaLinda 11
who got shot on fish pond rd tonight 16 hr yep 59

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web