roger jones/vicki kirk
freedom of speech

Greeneville, TN

#1 Mar 9, 2013
I just need to say that believe it or not these two do not speak for all the teachers. As an educator, it was most tragic to see some of my colleagues acting like the students we place in detention for such behaviour. While their intentions may seem proper to them, the tax burden placed on all taxpayers has brought shame to our profession. If the only way teachers can keep this bonus is to close schools and put other teachers out of work, well that is just not in the best interest of teachers nor the children.
I am close to retirement myself but have given little thought to this bonus. I have enjoyed my career; however, I and others I have spoken with do not agree with the director nor Kirk on this.
freedom of speech

Greeneville, TN

#2 Mar 9, 2013
...and yes I did refer to Jones as our school director -- everybody knows it.
freedom is right

Greeneville, TN

#3 Mar 9, 2013
freedom of speech wrote:
...and yes I did refer to Jones as our school director -- everybody knows it.
Here's another educator not in agreement with the leadership.
more than me

Greeneville, TN

#4 Mar 9, 2013
freedom is right wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's another educator not in agreement with the leadership.

Not just another educator. Although I am a teacher, my dad deserves a bonus as hard as he has worked all his life much more than me. The added taxes hurt my parents.
be patient

Greeneville, TN

#5 May 23, 2013
People just sit back and be patient. She is so much like Jones. It may take a little while but folks like this sooner or later hang themselves. I have yet to talk with anyone who likes her or who trusts her for that matter. Yep. Just give um enough rope. With all the assistants she is needing. Kinda makes you wonder what we are paying her such an outrageous check for. Again just be patient.
thomas

Greeneville, TN

#6 May 23, 2013
students come to the businesses in Greeneville constantly asking for a donation or take an add. I just tell them They got my donation when my taxes were raised and I won't give to any school in greene co. because of Jones and Kirk
iallsredyno

Kingsport, TN

#7 May 23, 2013
get ready for them to start the tax increase talk again as the budget will be short yet again.
up to no good

Jonesborough, TN

#8 May 23, 2013
Read where Jones is moving to knoxville.don't believe it.He's up to something no good.Pray he does go. He sure has got Greene County in a mess
iknow345

Greeneville, TN

#9 May 23, 2013
Roger might as well be director, he runs it. Bus drivers are talking about a union, then we will park them.We also get left out.AND NOW ITS TIME FOR HELL TO START!!!!!!!!!!
never ever like never

Greeneville, TN

#10 May 23, 2013
I like never, ever, ever, like never, ever, ever believed we could have had a worse idiot over the county schools than Parkins. But Jonesie and Kirkie have proved me wrong.
truth

Johnson City, TN

#11 May 23, 2013
Whats up with all of the solar panels being installed? Everyone knows those are outrageously expensive and arent cost effective. Where did the money for that come from and why isnt it all over the papers if its a GREAT idea?
stick it

Greeneville, TN

#12 May 23, 2013
up to no good wrote:
Read where Jones is moving to knoxville.don't believe it.He's up to something no good.Pray he does go. He sure has got Greene County in a mess
Well he best leave. Most of us in Mosheim can't stand him. He raised my land taxes. That's all democrats know to do. Stick it to the people.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#13 May 23, 2013
iknow345 wrote:
Roger might as well be director, he runs it. Bus drivers are talking about a union, then we will park them.We also get left out.AND NOW ITS TIME FOR HELL TO START!!!!!!!!!!
The united transportation union ( UTU) would be more than glad to represent the bus drivers. If there's significant interest I will post numbers to call.
Hmm

Elizabethton, TN

#14 May 23, 2013
truth wrote:
Whats up with all of the solar panels being installed? Everyone knows those are outrageously expensive and arent cost effective. Where did the money for that come from and why isnt it all over the papers if its a GREAT idea?
I think they'd been a lot better off building a water wheel to produce electricity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Help!! My child's had is deformed!! 2 hr Stella moon 8
Super Bowl Predictions? 2 hr History 42
Stevie Brotherton (May '14) 2 hr Hmm 20
What are your thoughts on the Iowa Caucus and t... 3 hr Polymorphism 58
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 3 hr Alex Nicole 9,255
News Former East Tennessee priest in Virginia court ... (Aug '10) 5 hr kim kardashian 15
***** last post wins ***** (Oct '14) 5 hr Trunketeer 2,001
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages