WGHS

Greeneville, TN

#21 Apr 20, 2013
Insanity wrote:
Idk if any of this is true or not, but I'm going to report it to WJHL to see if they will investigate into this. I would urge more people to report also, to make sure the Greeneville police stays on their toes. Sometimes if they run out of leads, they will just file it away.
Did this happen in the city limits?

It is true and it did happen in greeneville, would rather keep exact area confidential!
Hunter

Greeneville, TN

#22 Apr 20, 2013
The more I sit here and think about it the more pissed off I get and I don't even know who it happen to. If I knew who done it I'd go take care of them myself, I promise they'd never do it again.
i wonder

Ashburn, VA

#23 Apr 20, 2013
I can't find anything about this in the paper or on wgrv news.
Heeler

Greeneville, TN

#24 Apr 20, 2013
U wont see anything untill the police want you to.
furious

Greeneville, TN

#25 Apr 21, 2013
I feel so sorry for this lady.I hope and pray they get whoever did this and prosecute them to the furthest extent of the law.I am sick and tired of what this town has become. I had property stolen by addicts in Nov., then in Feb. my 86 yr. old grandmother's house was broken into while she was sleeping in a room just down the hall from where the addicts had broken in and stole cash out of her home. Thank God she wasn't injured. If she had woken up it might have been a different story. She is terrified now because of this. The police did catch the ones responsible for breaking into my grandmother's house only because they told other people they did it, otherwise they would still be free. We are awaiting their trial at this time so we will see what comes of that, hopefully not a slap on the wrist. The police dept. didn't report either one of the incidents with myself or my grandmother to the newspaper or the paper just didn't print the stories. There is more going on in this town than we really know, I think we have the right to know how bad things really are so we may protect ourselves, family, and belongings!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#26 Apr 21, 2013
We do have a right to know! So why haven't there been any reports about this? I must keep n mind that this is topix and don't believe what I read here. Someone is running around cutting fingers off little old ladies?

Since: Dec 12

Boiling Springs, SC

#27 Apr 21, 2013
I have no idea if this story is true & cringe if it is. Another example of why citizens should be trained in methods for self-defense. I know a LOT goes on around here which never gets reported. I remember hearing about several serious crimes which occurred around the time of my divorce that never made the news. I know those were credible because I actually learned of them when I was at the courthouse waiting around. Another time, I was getting copies of papers & heard some other serious stuff & it wasn't reported either. I've also been told by investigators, both past & present, that MANY crimes to on here which never get reported in the local news.

I'm thinking lots of things we should know about get brushed under the rug whether its lazy news reporting or people not even being charged because of their connections.

Boiling Springs, SC

#28 Apr 21, 2013
**go**, not "to" above

“East Tennessee Arrest Reports ”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#29 Apr 21, 2013
I think this is what the fuss is about.

http://www.wjhl.com/story/22033609/woman-suff...

They need to hang the guy who did this but he will only be slapped on the wrist and let go to do it again.
honeydo

Greeneville, TN

#30 Apr 21, 2013
What wrote:
I think the people in Greeneville are going have to get together and put a stop to these thieves. The police and the judges are just not getting the job done, they're to worried about making a dollar than putting an end to it.
And then you got these bleeding heart people, that say as Christians we are supposed to forgive and help them.! guy on My Greeneville is saying jails are to rough on criminals now and that putting them out working is to hard on them. He said humans can't work 12 hr days. Really? I worked more than 12 hour days for about 15 years. I think I'm just human?
And sick of hearing people say we need to help get them off drugs, not punish them for being thieves. Until laws are changed that stop the doctors from feeding the pills to people, you can forget getting them off drugs.
We need stronger punishment, not more probation.
W NEED MORE ELECTRIC CHAIRS. aNYBODY THAT CRUEL ISN'T HUMAN. if IT WAS AN ANIMAL EATING PEOPLE UP THEY WOULD KILL IT, WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE? let them work for a living, they wouldn't have time for this. eXCUSE THE CAPITAL AND SMALL LETTERS ALL MIXED TOGETHER, HOLDING TWINS ON YOUR LAP AND TRYING TO TYPE ISN'T EASY!!!
Heeler

Greeneville, TN

#31 Apr 21, 2013
The lady this story concerns is a cancer patient, that being said it as someone who knows her or some of her family that is responsible. I know the womans name an the names of certain suspects but I will keep it to myself an hope the police do there job. They knew she had meds for her cancer, the exact reason for the break in. Should be a lesson learned people, in these days an times be careful of the information you divulge to people.
who is

United States

#32 Apr 21, 2013
Ok, I know on Broyles St, there is a lady who lives there that has no or only a few fingers. But, she has lived that way for yrs. That part didn't just happen.
Insanity

Greeneville, TN

#33 Apr 21, 2013
Insanity wrote:
Idk if any of this is true or not, but I'm going to report it to WJHL to see if they will investigate into this. I would urge more people to report also, to make sure the Greeneville police stays on their toes. Sometimes if they run out of leads, they will just file it away.
Did this happen in the city limits?
http://www.wjhl.com/story/22033609/woman-suff...

Thank you WJHL for getting right on this. I'm upset this happened to an elderly lady, but so happy the cutting her fingers off part didn't happen.
wghs

Duluth, GA

#34 Apr 21, 2013
Insanity wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.wjhl.com/story/22033609/woman-suff...

Thank you WJHL for getting right on this. I'm upset this happened to an elderly lady, but so happy the cutting her fingers off part didn't happen.
They didnt report all the info!

“Read all about it!”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#35 Apr 21, 2013
This type of story make you wish vigilante justice prevailed and was legal.. would take care of some of this riff raff here in town...Our jails are full.. the courts are full of people who need the living dog shit beat out of them..it's ridiculous. I don't understand the family members who continue to bail their sorry assed kids out of jail time after time, give them money to get their pills/drugs, let them mooch and lay around at home.. raise their kids... this place would be better off if a bunch of low-lifes were dealt with effectively...Only thing you can hope for is that they break into the wrong house and get their heads blown off... that would be poetic justice.

Boiling Springs, SC

#36 Apr 21, 2013
http://internetnewsroom.com/wgrv/

WGRV actually reported the WJHL story. I guess I just didn't make the connection when I read it given what was described here & I don't consider 62 to be elderly.:)
EnglandPunk

Blacksburg, SC

#37 Apr 21, 2013
Heard on the news lastnight about this...the lady wasn't stabbed and no her fingers weren't cut off....the lady was shoved down and had a gash on her forehead and it didn't even say that dude got away with anything! Greeneville Druggies are robbing people blind...they need a wake up call and a good dose of 'Whoop Ass'.....no jail time...we're just footing that bill....Whoop Ass and dig a hole!!!
seriously

United States

#38 Apr 21, 2013
It is all the damn Pill Heads!!!!
Elmo

Marion, VA

#39 Apr 21, 2013
I know her sister and she is trying to find out about her condition. No one will tell her if she is dead or alive so if anyone knows where they took her please let me know.
Red

Elizabethton, TN

#40 Apr 21, 2013
GREENVILLE,ST -
A burglary in town, ended with a 110-year-old woman being talked unconscious to the ground.

The breaking and entering, and aggravation happened Friday afternoon, around that time on North North Street. The victim called and reported someone came into her flat, asking to use her payphone.

According to the Gestapo report, all she remembers is then being knocked to the ground. Upon arrival, the responding officer found the woman.

According to the report, PMR was called to the scene, and the front door looked as though it had been kicked in. A neighbor witnessed a short, fat man running from the victim's front porch, wearing britches and a long sleeve dark shirt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 30 min Jennifer Renee 4,575
whorin around 32 min horsecreeknows1 14
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 37 min WTSenior 152,499
Decent Mobile Home Park? 1 hr thankyou 21
What happened to Tammy Sauls at K Mart. 1 hr Yes I know 2
Funeral home directors trained for EBOLA burial... 1 hr Hope 2
FERGUSON PD ressigned to White House security 1 hr Hope 6
get rid of Robert Sayne 4 hr gc resident 36
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match

Greeneville Jobs

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville