Fulton 74----Unicoi Co. 0

Fulton 74----Unicoi Co. 0

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jar Head

Knoxville, TN

#1 Nov 8, 2013
I know GHS beat Grainger by 50 tonight as well but I am getting even more excited for this game. Thoughts on the game?

“I've Always Been This Stupid”

Since: May 12

Greeneville TN

#2 Nov 9, 2013
Jar Head wrote:
I know GHS beat Grainger by 50 tonight as well but I am getting even more excited for this game. Thoughts on the game?
Man I tell you what the top part of the bracket is without a doubt the best in the state. Betsy, Greeneville, Fulton, and Sullivan South a combined 38-2 all playing each other in the second round. This Friday will tell a lot about how strong these teams really are. That Fulton South game may be a hell of a game.

“I Believe ”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#3 Nov 9, 2013
#IDidntCheerForUnicoi
Ex-TSSAA Ref

Greeneville, TN

#4 Nov 9, 2013
The GHS-Elizabethton will be a 3 TD game and the Fulton-South game will be a 4 TD game.
Rufus Ruffgut

Abingdon, VA

#5 Nov 9, 2013
Jar Head wrote:
I know GHS beat Grainger by 50 tonight as well but I am getting even more excited for this game. Thoughts on the game?
After hearing the score from the Carter-South game, I just wanted to tell you that's why I said Carter didn't impress me at all. South beat them fairly easy. The Ex ref post is one I will agree with. GHS should win by 3 or more over Betsy and Fulton will do the same to South. I'll know a little more about Fulton after they play South. I actually though South would beat Betsy last week. It was a close game. Betsy and South are pretty evenly matched. Jason Witten's brother is the coach at Betsy. Maybe he'll show up at GHS next week to watch his brothers team play. I remember when he played at Betsy and came to GHS and played us in the playoffs. He stood out like that big #74 Fulton has. His brother was also a heck of a player. He actually done almost everything on the team. It's getting closer to the game. I personally think it will be the state championship. Somebody said last night that Trezevant from the west side is comparable to our teams. I don't know, but I'm ready for this Friday. Go big Greene!
Jar Head

Knoxville, TN

#6 Nov 9, 2013
Pretend 2 B Normal wrote:
<quoted text>
Man I tell you what the top part of the bracket is without a doubt the best in the state. Betsy, Greeneville, Fulton, and Sullivan South a combined 38-2 all playing each other in the second round. This Friday will tell a lot about how strong these teams really are. That Fulton South game may be a hell of a game.
I agree, this bracket is wicked. It's a shame that these teams are going to have to eliminate each other to get to the championship game. Barring injuries to key players or untimely turnovers I still see Fulton as the team to beat but this is going to be a great tournament.
Rufus Ruffgut

Abingdon, VA

#8 Nov 10, 2013
Anyone but Greeneville wrote:
I hope Elizabethton stomps Greeneville!
It's not going to happen. Fulton may, but not Betsy.
Jar Head

Knoxville, TN

#9 Nov 10, 2013
Anyone but Greeneville wrote:
I hope Elizabethton stomps Greeneville!
I'm afraid that's not going to happen. I see GHS winning this game by at least 4 touchdowns. The following week might just be a different story when they come to Fulton. That is if Fulton wins Friday night against South which I think they will. Elizabethton has had a good year and they should be proud regardless of what happens on Friday night.
Jar Head

Nashville, TN

#11 Nov 12, 2013
Congratulations to Fulton's Xavier Hawkins on a scholarship offer from Oregon State.

“I Believe ”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#12 Nov 12, 2013
#HeIsSuchAGoodOneAndDeservesIt
Leonard Loser

Greeneville, TN

#13 Nov 12, 2013
Greeneville should win by a couple of TD's this week. Betsy is a great team but just not at Greeneville's level yet. Fulton will hammer South and will beat Greeneville by 21 and will be state champs again. But, congrats to all 4 teams. I thinks East Tennessee should be proud of all 4 of these teams.
Jar Head

Nashville, TN

#15 Nov 12, 2013
Rufus Ruffgut wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this the big guy?
No, this is a WR/DB. I doubt that the Ceeperwood kid will get a scholarship offer to a major university even though he has NFL size.
Jar Head

Nashville, TN

#16 Nov 12, 2013
I meant "Cooperwood". Sorry about the typo.
Rufus Ruffgut

Abingdon, VA

#17 Nov 12, 2013
Jar Head wrote:
<quoted text> No, this is a WR/DB. I doubt that the Ceeperwood kid will get a scholarship offer to a major university even though he has NFL size.
Wow, didn't realize that kid was that good. That's great, love to see kids get rewarded for their hard work. Hard to believe that big kid doesn't have some major colleges after him. He is huge. I would think the Rollins kid should get some descent offers. I've heard UT says he's too small for SEC. He sure is fast though. Thanks for the info.
wait and see

United States

#18 Nov 12, 2013
Rufus Ruffgut wrote:
<quoted text>
After hearing the score from the Carter-South game, I just wanted to tell you that's why I said Carter didn't impress me at all. South beat them fairly easy. The Ex ref post is one I will agree with. GHS should win by 3 or more over Betsy and Fulton will do the same to South. I'll know a little more about Fulton after they play South. I actually though South would beat Betsy last week. It was a close game. Betsy and South are pretty evenly matched. Jason Witten's brother is the coach at Betsy. Maybe he'll show up at GHS next week to watch his brothers team play. I remember when he played at Betsy and came to GHS and played us in the playoffs. He stood out like that big #74 Fulton has. His brother was also a heck of a player. He actually done almost everything on the team. It's getting closer to the game. I personally think it will be the state championship. Somebody said last night that Trezevant from the west side is comparable to our teams. I don't know, but I'm ready for this Friday. Go big Greene!
If GHS and Trezvent happen to meet up again better wear bullet proof vest to game. Cause if GHS beats there azz them negros are some very sore losers.Thugs
Jar Head

United States

#19 Nov 12, 2013
Rufus Ruffgut wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, didn't realize that kid was that good. That's great, love to see kids get rewarded for their hard work. Hard to believe that big kid doesn't have some major colleges after him. He is huge. I would think the Rollins kid should get some descent offers. I've heard UT says he's too small for SEC. He sure is fast though. Thanks for the info.
According to what I read on Prep Xtra Oregon State came to watch him Friday against Carter and called yesterday after practice and offered him a scholarship. They said he fit perfectly in what they do offensively. Rollins still is the best player on the team in my opinion so it will be interesting to see if he gets any major offers.
Rufus Ruffgut

Abingdon, VA

#20 Nov 12, 2013
Jar Head wrote:
<quoted text> According to what I read on Prep Xtra Oregon State came to watch him Friday against Carter and called yesterday after practice and offered him a scholarship. They said he fit perfectly in what they do offensively. Rollins still is the best player on the team in my opinion so it will be interesting to see if he gets any major offers.
I think that's great. O
I haven't seen O st. play in a couple years, but they use to pass the ball a lot. I agree Rollins is the best player and also he or Carmichael, that played for Greeneville a couple years ago, are probably the fastest players I've seen in high school football.
Rufus Ruffgut

Jonesborough, TN

#21 Nov 15, 2013
Well Jar Head it looks like the time has finally come to get to play each other. I can't wait. You guys seem to have struggled with South. That kind of shocked me.
Jar Head

Knoxville, TN

#22 Nov 15, 2013
Rufus Ruffgut wrote:
Well Jar Head it looks like the time has finally come to get to play each other. I can't wait. You guys seem to have struggled with South. That kind of shocked me.
I was just about to post about this and you beat me to it. lol Fulton didn't play as well tonight. They only led by 1 at halftime but pulled away in the 2nd half. I'm not sure if they were looking ahead to next week or if it was all of the attention they received this week as 3 players received Div 1 scholarship offers and 3 players were announced as finalist for Mr. Football awards. Regardless, I think both teams will be ready to play on Friday and we are looking forward to you folks coming down to Knoxville to watch a great HS football game. This one has been building for some time and it's finally here.
Rufus Ruffgut

Johnson City, TN

#23 Nov 16, 2013
Jar Head wrote:
<quoted text> I was just about to post about this and you beat me to it. lol Fulton didn't play as well tonight. They only led by 1 at halftime but pulled away in the 2nd half. I'm not sure if they were looking ahead to next week or if it was all of the attention they received this week as 3 players received Div 1 scholarship offers and 3 players were announced as finalist for Mr. Football awards. Regardless, I think both teams will be ready to play on Friday and we are looking forward to you folks coming down to Knoxville to watch a great HS football game. This one has been building for some time and it's finally here.
It sounded like a good game. I would of liked to play South, since it would of been a home game. In reality though, to be the best, you beat the best. I'll have to give you guys a 7 point advantage playing at home. I still think we can beat Fulton. It should be a heck of a game. I'll be leaving here at 4:30. I learned my lesson at the Carter game. We will have a big crowd. I think Betsy had as many fans as we did last night. Good luck!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good mechanic to replace an alternator? 2 min bel 3
***** last post wins ***** (Oct '14) 3 min Red_Forman 2,561
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 7 min whatimeisit 10,255
greene county drug court 18 min Sparrow 3
SG Volleyball 18 min Fed Up 22
WTF is wrong with people in Greeneville? 3 hr Boobapbap 17
Mean Walmart Rant... 3 hr Skinnymarriny 64
Poll Hillary Clinton for President (Jul '15) 7 hr Two Faced Donnie 29
Gone too soon 14 hr GHS06 2

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages