Mayor loses his cool in meeting lol
lmao

Dalton, GA

#92 Jul 22, 2014
" to protect and serve the citizens ", looks like your cops are traitors to the citizens. If they had any respect or morality for the job. They would all resign as failures to perform their sworn duty. They protect and serve a corrupt system and accept money under false pretences. By cashing a check from taxpayers. Law enforcement there is a joke.
Cast the first stone

Athens, TN

#93 Jul 22, 2014
Judge or be judged wrote:
As a Christian, I pray for each of us. I pray that the good people of Greene stop throwing stones. We all will be judged one day and the actions and comments by those on here will be heard as well. We do not know all the facts but we want to persecute all but one. Why are we quick to judge but wish others do judge us. I was not there and may have my opinions but keep them to myself. You all will answer for our actions. Hope you can handle that one day.
I agree 100%. most of the people making comments were NOT there. Neither was I. All i saw was the video and, I wouldn't have seen that If it hadn't showed on my Facebook feed. I went back and looked at it numerous times after all these comments on here and facebook started. First, when the mayor is talking before the meeting gets started. You can hear women laughing loudly while he is talking. The man with the camera or cell phone is standing in The back of the room tapping this. You can hear what is being said from where he is. I understand the people there that do not want US nitrogen to come. But, before you jump on the bandwagon because everyone else is , if YOU WEREN'T THERE can you make comments? Would put your real name??
raise cain

Morristown, TN

#97 Jul 22, 2014
I'm a tellin you, we all need to raise cain in everyone of these small towns. They're all the same. Morristown, Greeneville, Newport, and many more. All run by a bunch of ignorant, aging, self-serving white men who stuff their pockets while sticking it to the taxpayers. We need to speak out at public meetings and let them know we won't stand for it any longer. The average person doesn't pay attention to local politics until something like U.S. Nitrogen or Freedom Energy Diesel comes along. The only way to change this system is to let them know we know what's going on, embarrass them, raise hell and vote them out of office. People need to stop being afraid. Raise hell, speak out. And vote them out of office.
raise cain

Morristown, TN

#98 Jul 22, 2014
Cast the first stone wrote:
<quoted text> I agree 100%. most of the people making comments were NOT there. Neither was I. All i saw was the video and, I wouldn't have seen that If it hadn't showed on my Facebook feed. I went back and looked at it numerous times after all these comments on here and facebook started. First, when the mayor is talking before the meeting gets started. You can hear women laughing loudly while he is talking. The man with the camera or cell phone is standing in The back of the room tapping this. You can hear what is being said from where he is. I understand the people there that do not want US nitrogen to come. But, before you jump on the bandwagon because everyone else is , if YOU WEREN'T THERE can you make comments? Would put your real name??
This is exactly what's wrong with these communities. The bible club refuses to acknowledge the truth about where we all live. And people like Broyles and others are well aware that the "bible club" will continue to stick their heads in the sand, all in the name of religion.
Zombies

Greeneville, TN

#100 Jul 22, 2014
Why are all you people just now waking up to these abuses of power and the jack-booted way things are done around here? We were all sent a very clear message a few years ago when......Greeneville M&A wanted to install red light cameras everywhere like Jonesborough to collect revenue. The people said NO, and the powers that be got so mad they hired, or placed three, officers on 11E to hand out traffic tickets. That was nothing more than a stunt to get money. It was a tantrum because they didn't get their way. And it was a high old F@$% You, we'll do what we want, when we want. So why is anyone surprised that Greeneville has been slowly transformed into a 1940s Nazi Germany.
concerned

Greeneville, TN

#101 Jul 22, 2014
Judge or be judged wrote:
As a Christian, I pray for each of us. I pray that the good people of Greene stop throwing stones. We all will be judged one day and the actions and comments by those on here will be heard as well. We do not know all the facts but we want to persecute all but one. Why are we quick to judge but wish others do judge us. I was not there and may have my opinions but keep them to myself. You all will answer for our actions. Hope you can handle that one day.
The Bible also teaches us to be good stewards of the earth we live in.

In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee. Isaiah 54:14

For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed.
Isaiah 9:16

Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch. Matthew 15:14

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. Proverbs 15
just wondering

United States

#102 Jul 22, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I was writing my point when your item became public... yes - we need to look at the inexperienced police and their handling of this matter. Chief Cannon always seemed to be a responsible leader and to allow this to happen on his watch is outrageous !
Is the Cannon cop and the mayor good buddies?
FOIA

Greeneville, TN

#104 Jul 22, 2014
the above link to this story got gone somehow, hmmmm.
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/norways-yara-f...
FOIA

Greeneville, TN

#105 Jul 22, 2014
THE BIG STORY
Search form Search
Home Latest News
NORWAY'S YARA FINED $48 MILLION FOR CORRUPTION
Jan. 15, 2014 10:50 AM EST
You are here
Home Yara International ASA Norway's Yara fined $48 million for corruption
READ MORE
EU voices concern over Turkish graft scandal
China brings graft charges against general

inShare
Tumblr

STAVANGER, Norway (AP) Norway's economic crimes authority has found fertilizer supplier Yara guilty of corruption involving deals in Libya, India and Russia and ordered it to pay 295 million kroner ($48 million) in fines.

The world's biggest supplier of nitrogen fertilizers acknowledged Wednesday that it had paid out bribes in the three countries totaling more than 70 million kroner ($12 million) during 2004 to 2009.

The agency has started an investigation into whether it can prosecute individual company members for the crimes.

Oslo-based Yara International ASA has operations in 50 countries, employing 10,000 people. It sells fertilizers and other crop nutrition programs to customers in 150 countries.
Paul J Pearce

Greeneville, TN

#106 Jul 22, 2014
just wondering wrote:
<quoted text> Is the Cannon cop and the mayor good buddies?
Cannon is a close friend to City Mayor Daniels. I don't know about him and county mayor Broyles.
concerned citizen

Greenville, KY

#107 Jul 22, 2014
I am wondering if and where the City of Greeneville, Mayor Broyles, attending board members, Greeneville Police Dept, local news etc have made a statement what so ever since this incident? Whether explaining their reasoning or apologizing? Something!
Paul J Pearce

Greeneville, TN

#109 Jul 22, 2014
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter really does it? Eddie should never have been arrested!
Not really. I was just answering someone's question.
Greene

Morristown, TN

#110 Jul 22, 2014
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter really does it? Eddie should never have been arrested!
And who did the officer answer to? Alan Broyles? Just because Alan screams his demands to remove someone from a meeting doesn't mean it must happen. The officer was out of line in even removing the man from a meeting, who wasn't obstructing, but simply made a request for them to speak up so those in the audience could hear. The officer was out of line from the start. And further, I see no reason why the meeting was filled with officers. I believe there were five or six on duty officers there, which is ridiculous!!!!
FBI attention

Johnson City, TN

#112 Jul 22, 2014
Can't good old boy fix that can we I would get out of dodge and hope it goes away if it were me .
Hmmmm

Greeneville, TN

#113 Jul 22, 2014
Questions Questions wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh there's a whole can of worms there ...
Why were all the chairs packed with USN Employees, forcing the people of our community to stand in the back?
Why were the microphones turned off?
Why were the people not allowed to speak or ask questions?
Why were there so many police officers there? It is almost as if *gasp* they expected trouble from this staged meeting!
I am sure we would all love to know the answers to these questions! Good list!
Paul J Pearce

Greeneville, TN

#114 Jul 22, 2014
Greene wrote:
<quoted text>
And who did the officer answer to? Alan Broyles? Just because Alan screams his demands to remove someone from a meeting doesn't mean it must happen. The officer was out of line in even removing the man from a meeting, who wasn't obstructing, but simply made a request for them to speak up so those in the audience could hear. The officer was out of line from the start. And further, I see no reason why the meeting was filled with officers. I believe there were five or six on duty officers there, which is ridiculous!!!!
The officer took his marching orders from police chief Terry Cannon. Watch the long video at 14:46 in when Cannon jumped up in the man's face, and tried to intimidate him. He was the first officer on scene and said "what did he (Broyles) say (about outbursts)?" Cannon losing his temper escalated the whole situation. He should apologize, or at least attend AA, if the rumors are correct.
waiting on a factory girl

Kingsport, TN

#115 Jul 22, 2014
Paul J Pearce wrote:
<quoted text>The officer took his marching orders from police chief Terry Cannon. Watch the long video at 14:46 in when Cannon jumped up in the man's face, and tried to intimidate him. He was the first officer on scene and said "what did he (Broyles) say (about outbursts)?" Cannon losing his temper escalated the whole situation. He should apologize, or at least attend AA, if the rumors are correct.
Remember that Mayor WT Daniels is on the Industrial Development Board. Was he present? Did he vote? Don't know. Are Daniels and Cannon buddies or is that just talk? Ferguson apologized to Coen so Coen didn't get arrested. Anybody (town or IDB or partnership official) apologize to Overholt yet? Overholt and Coen both wrote open letters about the incidents. Any open letters to the public from the Morgue Inn mafia? And how did Harbison of the Greeneville Sun vote? Niswonger there? Waiting for a Sun sanctimonious editorial....someday.
Larry

Greeneville, TN

#116 Jul 22, 2014
waiting on a factory girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember that Mayor WT Daniels is on the Industrial Development Board. Was he present? Did he vote? Don't know. Are Daniels and Cannon buddies or is that just talk? Ferguson apologized to Coen so Coen didn't get arrested. Anybody (town or IDB or partnership official) apologize to Overholt yet? Overholt and Coen both wrote open letters about the incidents. Any open letters to the public from the Morgue Inn mafia? And how did Harbison of the Greeneville Sun vote? Niswonger there? Waiting for a Sun sanctimonious editorial....someday.
Daniels was present and voted yes. Daniels and Cannon are good buddies, not just talk. I haven't heard of any apologies from the town.

Harbison , don't know. Don't know about Niswonger. All I know is that Broyles said he had 8 yes votes, which was a majority of the members present. A couple of people abstained I think, and Hopson was the only "no" vote from what I could tell from the video.
concerned

Greeneville, TN

#117 Jul 22, 2014
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>Daniels was present and voted yes. Daniels and Cannon are good buddies, not just talk. I haven't heard of any apologies from the town.
Harbison , don't know. Don't know about Niswonger. All I know is that Broyles said he had 8 yes votes, which was a majority of the members present. A couple of people abstained I think, and Hopson was the only "no" vote from what I could tell from the video.
Jerry Fortner abstained. But I think he had to because CC Millwright has done a lot of contract work for US Nitrogen.
Breaking News

United States

#118 Jul 22, 2014
In a Gallup poll with results just released, Alan Broyles' approval rating came in at 0.04%! His wife said she knows he's an idiot, but still loves him, which kept the approval from being 0.00%.

Go Mayor Broyles!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fat Trump 1 hr Cams Mom 8
who is over sheriff pat hankins? 1 hr Pusser 13
S-hole party 1 hr Cams Mom 12
meghan anne tolliver (Jul '17) 1 hr Shame On You 19
Buffalo Wild Wings to Build in Greeneville 2 hr Greene County 14
how many have been illegally arrested, searched... 2 hr Tea 47
Baileyton NEWS.. (ihop) 2 hr Local Mom 83
Dan Armstrong. A man - a true man - was murde... 16 hr Jay Walter Jones 27

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web