BUSH/REPUBLICAN years were worst 35% ...

BUSH/REPUBLICAN years were worst 35% aproval

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

ElseRomper

Elizabethton, TN

#1 Nov 15, 2013
So go with the flow learn to adapt and move on
zzz

Greeneville, TN

#2 Nov 15, 2013
Actually at the same point in their presidencies, meaning the first week of November in the first year of their second term. Bush actually had a higher approval rating according to Gallop polls. Obama had an approval rating of 39%, Bush 40%. In full disclosure Bush's disapproval rating was also higher, Bush 55% to Obama's 53%. So the numbers are very similar and nothing for either side to brag about. Or try to make a point with. I haven't looked at newer numbers.
RecallSurplus

Elizabethton, TN

#3 Nov 15, 2013
The facts are we were better off before the two wars one unnecessary and the wasting away of the world economy PERIOD. Republicans they might do it again if we let them .
zzz

Greeneville, TN

#4 Nov 16, 2013
RecallSurplus wrote:
The facts are we were better off before the two wars one unnecessary and the wasting away of the world economy PERIOD. Republicans they might do it again if we let them .
Here's the thing if you expect me to defend the GOP establishment you are wrong. The Bush's, McCain, Romney, Boehner, and McConnell are all big government, just like Obama, Pelosi, Reid, the list could go on and on for either party, but I don't have time to do a ton of research at the moment. Really all they do is play fight. Just like the Democrats did with the Patriot Act when they hated it, then extended it's powers when they had control. Then the Republicans pretended to really hate the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) then preceded to cave really, really quickly. Then people on both sides of the aisle mocked and ridiculed the people who really tried to take a stand against it. Even when the people making a stand only asked for a delay, they were mocked. Now a lot of the same people chanting the Tea Party are terrorist for saying to delay it are now screaming delay Obamacare (which by the way is what the Tea Party people were called terrorist for.) So that leaves the question are Tea Party people psychics or just smarter then people who just understood this was a mess.

Anyway your thing seems to be war so I will discuss that. We continue the war in Afghanistan and we pulled out of Iraq when Bush planned to (apparently in your mind +1 Obama for following Bush's plan.) Both those wars were approved by both parties. Under Obama we bombed the s%$t out of Libya in violation of the War Powers Act, assassinated a US citizen without trial (violation of the constitution), and I am not going to even go into all the countries we have bombed with drones. Also without a long drawn out conversation Obama wanted to go to war with Syria. In short neither party has a record worth bragging about here (on a side note I am confident Bush bombed other countries with drones too.)

What I am trying to say maybe you should actually use youtube and listen to full speeches from Tea Party candidates and decide what candidate you like the best. Instead of just sound bites. More government is not always better government and if they would just mind their business instead of getting involved in all the world's problems. We might be better off. That is not to say we need no government or that we should ignore other problems in the world. We just need constraint of government.

Apparently I am going to start a second closing statement because you seem to be a hardcore Democrat. Buying a vote through tax cuts to the rich is no different than buying votes through food stamps or any other government handout. What we need to do is set lower tax rates start with the rich because theirs is higher anyway. Then find a rate we can except and get rid of ALL tax cuts and deductions. This includes for the wealthy and the poor. Treat EVERYONE the same.
Listen

Mexico

#5 Nov 16, 2013
To your comment "More government is not always better government", I would argue that more government is always bad.

As for your comments on taxes, a flat tax is the only fair tax. Abolish the IRS and move to a flat tax system.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IF y0u 0nLy KnEw 8 min tytrw 2
lighthouse church of god (May '12) 18 min Praying 16
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 24 min Adaani 8,080
Finally equal rights under the law for all 1 hr whothehellcares- 191
Debate: Gay Marriage - Greeneville, TN (Jul '10) 1 hr Jezebel 7,643
Wayne shelton 1 hr Jezebel 4
hybrid wolf dog free to good home (Jul '11) 1 hr tiggertyger 16
Suicides shouldn't be in the news 1 hr Word 14
Entire Tennessee county clerk staff resigns 3 hr southmouth 17
gneville sun hard up for news 13 hr no wonder 52