Lil intrigued

Bennettsville, SC

#104 Aug 3, 2013
treeman51 wrote:
Since this just came out maybe some have not seen it.Another round of suspects are being sought. FYI When you get busted you usually get 2 choices. Be a snitch or do some time. Well by now the news of Dr. Locklear's arrest is old news. It's not too hard to figure out which choice he made. Well I've been there done that. I chose #2 because I didn't want to have to look over my shoulder the rest of my life and I needed to come back here to help my aging parents. Anyone who has done any business with the Doc better split NOW....
not hard to figure out who u are "tree man"
KBC

Greeneville, TN

#105 Aug 3, 2013
I feel the same way you do. I personally have had to deal with addiction in my own home, and its taken a while but things are getting better now. There are still some things to work on and it's a long road to travel but they don't want to be an addict and are making the changes and taking the steps to get better.
Greeneville Goblin wrote:
<quoted text>
It is quite the opposite. I think you all that post hateful things are either blind to their own issues (YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS AS WELL AS YOURSELF), or you simply want to portray some kind of ignorant stance on drugs and substance abuse. Your family and friends will never overcome this problem and become productive members of society without societies help. Simply locking someone up does not help. I know there are many situations that, as a family member or friend, you become powerless. Some people just do not want help and that is the drugs speaking for them. It is more than likely a problem that has been building since adolescence and was ignored. You also need to consider that there is a good chance someone who is self-medicating may actually need to. I am not by any means saying that someone should be melting down pain pills and injecting them. But, some people need to be medicated and haven't had the opportunity due to financial issues and the high cost of healthcare.
You (as a community) can shrug this off and place blame only on the addict. Personally, I see it on a much greater scale. As a youth, if you are never given the tools to succeed, you won't. Not without a few bumps in the road that is. If you want to place blame on anyone, put it on the parents. I know this may ruffle feathers, but 9 times out of 10 there is something more you (as a parent) could have done better. Parenting will not be perfect and neither will your child. But as a responsible adult, you should own these mistakes and issues instead of just writing it off as another junky. Think to yourself, how much fun can it be to live day to day hurting the ones who care about you to the point that you are all alone. It isn't fun and it isn't a lifestyle to be envied. Have fun with the hate. I will continue to show compassion for those I care for. Whether that be putting a friend up for a night and feeding them or calling the cops when a family member has gone too far. Compassion comes in many different colors.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#106 Aug 3, 2013
KBC wrote:
I feel the same way you do. I personally have had to deal with addiction in my own home, and its taken a while but things are getting better now. There are still some things to work on and it's a long road to travel but they don't want to be an addict and are making the changes and taking the steps to get better.
<quoted text>
Glad to hear things are better. It takes others going out of their way and far out on limbs to bring loved ones back from substance addiction. You said one thing that I think everyone needs to understand, "they don't want to be an addict". I know that is hard to fathom when someone is in a constant blissful and stupefied state, but it is true. There is a reason people do things, look for it. Thanks for the support and sharing on this. I hope others see that and may try to help those close to them.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#107 Aug 3, 2013
The only love for an addict is tough love. You can talk and cry and beg till your face turns blue. Beg for help,all you'll get is denial. You gotta shake their foundation to get results. By then most hope is lost.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#108 Aug 3, 2013
Dixie iron fist wrote:
The only love for an addict is tough love. You can talk and cry and beg till your face turns blue. Beg for help,all you'll get is denial. You gotta shake their foundation to get results. By then most hope is lost.
I agree, once they get so far it does take a tragic event to wake them up, IF that happens. I would rather see my child alive and in prison for drug charges than to see them dead from an OD. Either of those choices are very grim, but one has a light at the end that isn't God. I seen a post suggesting that every doctor prescribing these meds should have to keep tabs on patients blood levels. That one move in itself would play a monumental role in stopping prescription abuse and is coming soon. Some clinics and doctors already do so on their own will. Hats off to them.
Heeler

Greeneville, TN

#109 Aug 3, 2013
Sorry, but these so called Doctors dont give a fiddelers damn about anything but the Benjamins, why else would they give a 25 year old pain killers that are prescribed for terminally ill cancer patients? Do you actually think any 25 year old is in so much pain that they need to be prescribed 4 Roxy 30s a day. Get real people, the real problem comes from far above the street level and will remain so until you get some authority figures in this state who are worried about more than their bank accounts. The pain clinics could be shut down with one phone call from some of our so called "leaders".

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#110 Aug 3, 2013
What 25yr old would be able to take 4 roxy 30's and feel that it is helping them get better? Either they are already on the hunt for a doctor who prescribes things of this nature, or they ran into the wrong doctor and would know it as soon as they took the recommended dose. You are correct, the clinics need to go. A true healthcare PROVIDER would want to see people live a long long time. It is called job security.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#111 Aug 3, 2013
I really don't feel it's 100% the doctors fault. Sure they prescribe,but that runs out,then,in turn the patient or "user" turns to the street. It's no secret that pills can be obtained about anywhere. My community is full of "helpers" that will sell their own prescriptions or give a friend a few pills who in turn sell or give them to the next friend. It's a vicious cycle,names have been turned in,children have been taken,and it still hasn't stopped. They just do what they have to and cover their actions,turn their children over to a family member to satisfy legal matters and keep on keeping on. Like nothing ever happened.
Heeler

Greeneville, TN

#112 Aug 3, 2013
Greeneville Goblin wrote:
What 25yr old would be able to take 4 roxy 30's and feel that it is helping them get better? Either they are already on the hunt for a doctor who prescribes things of this nature, or they ran into the wrong doctor and would know it as soon as they took the recommended dose. You are correct, the clinics need to go. A true healthcare PROVIDER would want to see people live a long long time. It is called job security.
Why are these clinics not shut down, why are they here to start with, who is getting their bank accounts padded to let them be here?? Questions that need to be answered by our government officials and remembered come time to vote.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#113 Aug 3, 2013
Heeler wrote:
<quoted text>Why are these clinics not shut down, why are they here to start with, who is getting their bank accounts padded to let them be here?? Questions that need to be answered by our government officials and remembered come time to vote.
Agreed! It is a bit refreshing to hear more than "KILL THE PILL HEADS". As far as the family members taking kids for legal matters. That in turn makes the family members child abusers and enablers. If you really care for the addict, show them the cold hard truth of losing everything including their children. That may not turn their life around, but you at least have done what you can. Show the children the correct way to live life and stop the cycle from hitting them.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#114 Aug 3, 2013
Dixie iron fist wrote:
I really don't feel it's 100% the doctors fault. Sure they prescribe,but that runs out,then,in turn the patient or "user" turns to the street.
If a doctor wrote the script and they are more than just a "pain clinic", then yes I feel they are to blame. We go to doctors in trust that they know how to help us considering how many years they have studied to become such a person. A true doctor that prescribes anything knows its side effect and knows which and what meds their patients need to be weened off of.
just me

Johnson City, TN

#115 Aug 3, 2013
Beating any addiction begins with the addicted person reaching a point where THEY want to quit. Drugs, alcohol or any other addiction. Until the individual wants to change, nothing anyone does or says makes any difference. There will always be temptations (from doctors to liquor stores,to "friends" willing to share/sell). The addict is the only one who can make the change.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#116 Aug 3, 2013
Think of how overwhelmed the doctors are. Every day,the whining,complaining,piss poor excuses to get pain meds. I bet some of it is downright amusing. And I bet it gets old fast........... Like a child begging for a toy at the dollar store.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#117 Aug 3, 2013
Do the majority of you understand that Suboxone clinics and Pain Clinics are NOT the same thing? Suboxone clinics ONLY prescribe Suboxone. A pain clinic can prescribe ANY pain med. As of April 1, 2013 Suboxone dr's could not even prescribe Xanax to go with it. The patient has a dose to take & knows the time to take it. If he/she abuses that why is it the dr's fault? If that patient is also going to another Suboxone clinic getting more, why is that the dr's fault? The dang patients need to take some responsibility in their life. Yes, I agree that a dr needs to know the medicine, the side effects and all that. But the patient is who is to blame for not taking meds correctly. Suboxone, I think only can be given as strips if insurance is to pay for it. Not as easy to abuse as tabs are. Now if they wanna pay the crazy price that Suboxone is, then I guess they can get the tabs. But last I checked it was in a range from $9 -$14 PER strip/tab. To Greeneville Goblin, you are correct on the tough love part. Yes, it's hard to do and most families can not do it. Then you have the addict who will go to any lengths to lie, beg and even steal from families to get a fix. On another note to Greeneville Goblin, yes, all dr's should know each medication and the side effects too. But, the majority don't. You have to be your own dr now a days. You have to research your meds. The pharmacy can tell you if a drug interacts w/another, but all side effects are never given to us.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#118 Aug 3, 2013
Dixie iron fist wrote:
Think of how overwhelmed the doctors are. Every day,the whining,complaining,piss poor excuses to get pain meds. I bet some of it is downright amusing. And I bet it gets old fast.......... Like a child begging for a toy at the dollar store.
Well.. they are trained to notice and deal with "drug seeking" behaviors, it comes with the job and is probably more depressing than amusing. E.R. doctors are very aware of this and do deal with it in responsible manners (for the most part). If I go to my family doctor with a problem, he/she recommends everything but medicine for the remedy. Back pain, see a physical therapist first. Sleep issues, try natural and OTC meds first. I keep seeing this doctor because that in itself shows me that they care enough to keep me away from addiction I don't need in my life and is taking the correct steps to help me.
Cross Bones

Johnson City, TN

#119 Aug 3, 2013
Greeneville Goblin wrote:
<quoted text>
It is quite the opposite. I think you all that post hateful things are either blind to their own issues (YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS AS WELL AS YOURSELF), or you simply want to portray some kind of ignorant stance on drugs and substance abuse. Your family and friends will never overcome this problem and become productive members of society without societies help. Simply locking someone up does not help. I know there are many situations that, as a family member or friend, you become powerless. Some people just do not want help and that is the drugs speaking for them. It is more than likely a problem that has been building since adolescence and was ignored. You also need to consider that there is a good chance someone who is self-medicating may actually need to. I am not by any means saying that someone should be melting down pain pills and injecting them. But, some people need to be medicated and haven't had the opportunity due to financial issues and the high cost of healthcare.
You (as a community) can shrug this off and place blame only on the addict. Personally, I see it on a much greater scale. As a youth, if you are never given the tools to succeed, you won't. Not without a few bumps in the road that is. If you want to place blame on anyone, put it on the parents. I know this may ruffle feathers, but 9 times out of 10 there is something more you (as a parent) could have done better. Parenting will not be perfect and neither will your child. But as a responsible adult, you should own these mistakes and issues instead of just writing it off as another junky. Think to yourself, how much fun can it be to live day to day hurting the ones who care about you to the point that you are all alone. It isn't fun and it isn't a lifestyle to be envied. Have fun with the hate. I will continue to show compassion for those I care for. Whether that be putting a friend up for a night and feeding them or calling the cops when a family member has gone too far. Compassion comes in many different colors.
Ok I get what you are saying. But what does "Parenting will not be perfect and neither will your child." have to do with people of ALL ages putting substances made of Drano, ammonia and such in your body? You say you should "own these mistakes". Hell these are not mistakes! You have been warned your whole life about cross bones.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#121 Aug 3, 2013
Cross Bones wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I get what you are saying. But what does "Parenting will not be perfect and neither will your child." have to do with people of ALL ages putting substances made of Drano, ammonia and such in your body? You say you should "own these mistakes". Hell these are not mistakes! You have been warned your whole life about cross bones.
It has everything to do with substance abuse, in a lot of cases. Do some research on how detrimental a thing such as divorce, an alcoholic parent, or an absent parent, could and does have on a growing mind. I am not saying that parents are to blame for their child smoking meth. I am saying the parents and or friends need to help, in the right way!!!!!!!!!! That in itself isn't the key to the problem. But, that would help stop an addiction before it becomes life altering. Standing on the side lines and screaming damnation to the addicts does nothing. That also brings to light the issue of people accepting divorce and separation as a viable out of a situation you put yourself into. We bring children into this world, we should be the ones to teach them how to make it through intact. Throwing in the towel is far too easy now and that view on life is passed on to our children.

Humans seek happiness. When it cannot be found in conventional methods, non-conventional methods are used (smoking meth).
Heeler

Greeneville, TN

#122 Aug 3, 2013
Some people need to do some research on these "pain clinics". These are not your ordinary Doctors that you see for a cold, virus, etc. Their "patients" are mostly junkies there looking for their fix, and these "Doctors" give it to them and a very costly price. I know a Doctors visit is expensive but not at the price of 300 to 450 bucks a visit as these pain clinics are charging, its a money racket for Doctors to say the least. They need to be in jail right along side there patients.
You can

Clover, SC

#123 Aug 3, 2013
Not put an age on someone's pain. People who have played sports in school and have hereditary issues going on can have plenty of pain in their 20's. I know for a fact since my husband is one of those people. He started having problems with his back and neck in his 20's and I've seen the proof in his X-rays and MRI's. He now has major issues because the doctors thought he was too young to have the problems he was and would send him home saying its a pulled muscle etc. when in fact he had numerous issues going on that have progressed through the years. He has been to orthopedics, chiropractors, physical therapy and had the shots done but it didn't always help because of all the different issues he has. When bones start fusing together and there are numerous bone spurs the chiropractor can't very well go to popping on those bones without possibly causing more damage like breaking the bone or severing nerves. Physical therapy helps with flexibility and building muscle and that's not going to help the deteriorating discs. See what I'm saying? Multiple issues have to be treated differently and a lot of times there is no alternative. I see the pain he goes through every day, even on the prescriptions he doesn't get complete relief. If he didn't have the meds he would lay in bed in misery from the chronic pain. The doctors have not given him any other alternative to help the pain, except for one time and they said he stood more of a chance to be paralyzed than being helped and didn't advise to do it. Just because a person is young or maybe even older but look healthy in the outside does not mean they can't have true injuries or sickness on the inside that can't be seen. You can't see most cancers but people have it, would you take their meds away? If there is no alternative given, is the person just supposed to suffer through the pain and not have any kind of quality of life? If I were in their shoes and were in constant chronic pain I would want to be able to live as pain free as possible even if that meant I had to be on a prescription that I could possibly become addicted to. There are different cases and situations for each person and I understand the fact that there are those out there who are getting these meds prescribed to them when they truly don't need them but you can't lump everyone into the same group. There are plenty out there that actually need the meds and have had the problems starting at an early age. It's a shame with all the technology out there that they can't come up with something to help people with chronic that actually works and isn't addictive.
Heeler wrote:
Sorry, but these so called Doctors dont give a fiddelers damn about anything but the Benjamins, why else would they give a 25 year old pain killers that are prescribed for terminally ill cancer patients? Do you actually think any 25 year old is in so much pain that they need to be prescribed 4 Roxy 30s a day. Get real people, the real problem comes from far above the street level and will remain so until you get some authority figures in this state who are worried about more than their bank accounts. The pain clinics could be shut down with one phone call from some of our so called "leaders".
Fed Up

Johnson City, TN

#124 Aug 3, 2013
Heeler wrote:
Some people need to do some research on these "pain clinics". These are not your ordinary Doctors that you see for a cold, virus, etc. Their "patients" are mostly junkies there looking for their fix, and these "Doctors" give it to them and a very costly price. I know a Doctors visit is expensive but not at the price of 300 to 450 bucks a visit as these pain clinics are charging, its a money racket for Doctors to say the least. They need to be in jail right along side there patients.
You said it, Amen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
auto repair 15 min Buster Baxter 23
Anyone know Renee Story ? 41 min what in the world 4
Tommy Bennett 45 min Bryce 3
Drunk nabbed at McDonalds in Tusculum 1 hr colt45 11
Mail carrier won't pickup my mail??? (Dec '10) 1 hr Bammie73 125
***** last post wins ***** (Oct '14) 1 hr Kohlrabi 1,891
Why do women... 2 hr just say alimony 58
Can you afford to be a republican? 6 hr z0neCrew 23
how the heck is shipleys furniture store getti... (May '13) 8 hr wow 31
Susam Crum n Scottie Teague 8 hr what in the world 3
God punish Texas with deadly floods 11 hr Chuck 25
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]