Devin

Bevier, MO

#67 Jul 16, 2013
Dixie iron fist wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you should say this,I've a friend that didn't tell and wifey came up swell bellied. He went and got checked and sure nuf' his stuff was clear. Home he went and dropped the bomb on the unfaithful mother to be.
I'm been reading some women won't date a man who had a vasectomy and they know it. Do they want a husband/boyfriend? Or do they just want to get pregnant?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#68 Jul 16, 2013
Devin wrote:
<quoted text>I'm been reading some women won't date a man who had a vasectomy and they know it. Do they want a husband/boyfriend? Or do they just want to get pregnant?
Nobody knows I've had one.......oops! Yea them ho's fishing for $$$$
Devin

Bevier, MO

#69 Jul 16, 2013
I have NOT had a vasectomy yet! But I do like the idea of not have kids. And not making a woman pregnant!
rat

Matthews, NC

#70 Jul 16, 2013
Dixie iron fist wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody knows I've had one.......oops! Yea them ho's fishing for $$$$
not trying to be nosey but did you have problems afterwards? like sexdrive and such?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#71 Jul 16, 2013
rat wrote:
<quoted text>not trying to be nosey but did you have problems afterwards? like sexdrive and such?
Nope. Still got the drive of a 20 year old.
Devin

Bevier, MO

#72 Jul 17, 2013
Are most women baby crazy? Or would they be happy if they met a man who couldn't knock them UP? Need some women's input on this!
girly girl

Matthews, NC

#73 Jul 17, 2013
Devin wrote:
Are most women baby crazy? Or would they be happy if they met a man who couldn't knock them UP? Need some women's input on this!
depends on the female. Some are happy without children. Some have always dreamed of being a mother. This is a choice that is up to you and you only. Do you ever want kids? Once you do this the chances of you ever having your own kids is out of the question. I don't know your age but, if you are in your early 20's I would wait. I know a guy that done this in his early 20's so he didn't have to worry about getting a girl pregnant. Now later in life he found his wife and can't have his own children. adopted her son. he still loves him but not the same. I hope this helps with some from a females view on things. good luck.
Devin

Bevier, MO

#74 Jul 17, 2013
girly girl wrote:
<quoted text>depends on the female. Some are happy without children. Some have always dreamed of being a mother. This is a choice that is up to you and you only. Do you ever want kids? Once you do this the chances of you ever having your own kids is out of the question. I don't know your age but, if you are in your early 20's I would wait. I know a guy that done this in his early 20's so he didn't have to worry about getting a girl pregnant. Now later in life he found his wife and can't have his own children. adopted her son. he still loves him but not the same. I hope this helps with some from a females view on things. good luck.
Do you have children? Want children or open either way? Age? I'm 44 years old.
girly girl

Matthews, NC

#75 Jul 17, 2013
Devin wrote:
<quoted text> Do you have children? Want children or open either way? Age? I'm 44 years old.
I already have children. I am mid 30's and don't want anymore. At 44 you are old enough to know if you want children or not. If you haven't met the right woman yet give it a couple of years and then rethink it. If you don't want kids of your own then have it done.

“See you in the funny papers...”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#76 Jul 17, 2013
Devin wrote:
I have always been open to having children, but it has never been something that I felt was an absolute necessity in order to lead a fulfilling life. So, to answer your question...no, I wouldn't reject a man who had had a vasectomy or who did not want children.
Sam Snippit

Jonesborough, TN

#77 Jul 17, 2013
While painful and expensive, it is possible to reverse a vasectomy.
Devin

Bevier, MO

#78 Jul 18, 2013
Sam Snippit wrote:
While painful and expensive, it is possible to reverse a vasectomy.
Vasectomy Reversal does not guarantee you'll be able to make anyone pregnant after you spent the money. To do a reversal!

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#79 Jul 18, 2013
whothehellcares- wrote:
With my general dislike if kids and belief that the world is already overpopulated, I don't think that I could in good conscious bring another one into the world. After talking it over with my wife she is in somewhat agreement, plus she doesn't think she would want to ruin her body by getting knocked up.
So I'm thing about getting a vasectomy so she doesn't have to worry about taking birth control. We have basically decided that if we ever decided we wanted a kid we would just adopt.
So for all of my haters out there, you don't have to worry about me bringing a mini me into this world....
The bond of having your own child vs. an adopted child, would be quite different I would think. But, there are so many children that do need good homes and are good children that do not deserve to be shuffled around group homes and foster care. BUT.... If your wife doesn't want to "ruin" her body for a child, why would you ruin yours to not have one? If I wasn't married with a child, vasectomy would be far far out of my mind!

Location hidden

#80 Jul 18, 2013
Devin wrote:
Should you (man) tell your wife/girlfriend you've had a vasectomy? Myself I think not! I think just tell her you don't want kids/more kids. She don't need to know you've took steps to keep her from getting pregnant! A woman can have an abortion without the husband/boyfriend knowing. So why not the same for man and vasectomies?
Having an abortion should be done in emergency situations. Not just because you aren't ready for a child. That is ending a life that has started and causes MAJOR trauma to the father and mother mentally. A vasectomy is simply preventing conception. If it doesn't bother someone to have an abortion, something is wrong with them. Also, to hide the fact you cannot produce a child because of something you did intentionally, is not only low down, but it is possibly cheating the female out of a chance at one of lifes greatest adventures.

“Many have died”

Since: Dec 12

On the road to peace

#81 Jul 18, 2013
Greeneville Goblin wrote:
<quoted text>
Having an abortion should be done in emergency situations. Not just because you aren't ready for a child. That is ending a life that has started and causes MAJOR trauma to the father and mother mentally. A vasectomy is simply preventing conception. If it doesn't bother someone to have an abortion, something is wrong with them. Also, to hide the fact you cannot produce a child because of something you did intentionally, is not only low down, but it is possibly cheating the female out of a
chance at one of lifes greatest adventures.
Like you said in the last post, there are aleady too many unwanted kids being shuffled around... So I think its unethical to not have an abortion if you don't want the kid... It doesn't cause trauma to everyone that has an abortion, not everyone has the same values... Hell, I'll go as far as to say that anyone that can't even support themselves should either be sterilized or forced to have an abortion. That's a hell of a lot cheaper on the taxpayers than having to pay to raise it... Also a lot better for the kid that would be raised in poverty, unloved and unwanted, and just to start the cycle over again... I guess you could say I'm a humanitarian..

Location hidden

#82 Jul 18, 2013
"Humanitarianism can also be described as the acceptance of every human being for plainly just being another human, ignoring and abolishing biased social views, prejudice, and racism in the process, if utilized individually as a practiced viewpoint, or mindset."

Not so sure you can call yourself that. Others may not have the same values as I, but they must have some kind of moral compass? Something inside that says this is wrong? Abortion is a very tasking act on the mind and the females body as well. Not all cases are the same, that is why I mentioned using abortion as a last resort in medical terms. Really though, I would venture to say that humans are given too much freedom when it comes to having children. You are on to something, but forcing an abortion due to finances or a parents well being is a bit absurd. Many successful people are from broken/not so loving families and homes. It is about the teachings the child gets and the opportunities they are given to lead a successful life. It does not cost money to love someone,just to clothe them, feed them, and house them. That is where society as a whole has let the "poor" down and refuse to help any more than they must. If everyone that was well off, or at least stable, would throw in a helping hand to those in need... well this situation wouldn't even be relevant to us. As far as "bringing a life into this cruel world", well it is only as grim as you allow it to be.Everyone hits road blocks and has mishaps. That is life and how we learn lessons. It is also something a lot of people let consume them. Me and my wife are working members of this great county and struggle daily. But, it is a will to live and prosper that drives us. Our son was not expected and we have needed a lot of help with him when he was first born. There is where the community and friends come in, it makes a difference. Just to baby sit while someone goes to work, it's a godsend at times. If you honestly do not want children, maybe you should help those who are in need with theirs? Not saying that you do not, just saying. We return the favors in any way possible, be it helping family with cleaning up after a bad storm, or lending a friend 20$ for necessities. We do the same for our friends with kids in hope that the good deeds come back in our favor, and they normally do one way or another.

“Many have died”

On the road to peace

#83 Jul 18, 2013
The whole when is a baby a baby thing makes it hard to say someone who is in favor of abortion doesn't have a moral compass... Maybe I don't think a fetus is a living thing until it pokes its head out, so to me an abortion is no different than getting rid of an unwanted tumor or cancer... Does that make me a bad person... Hell, cancer and tumors are living, growing things, and no one gives a shit when people kill them...

Location hidden

#84 Jul 18, 2013
A tumor is far from a fetus. I know where you are coming from, but a tumor cannot kick and move at WILL. There are people who see pregnancy as a stage before LIFE, I cannot agree with them, or make sense of their concepts about life. But, we are all different and hardly ever see eye to eye with everyone on this subject. Live and let live is a nice thing to practice and I will do so now. Thanks for not being nasty in your remarks about this. :)

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#85 Jul 18, 2013
whothehellcares- wrote:
The whole when is a baby a baby thing makes it hard to say someone who is in favor of abortion doesn't have a moral compass... Maybe I don't think a fetus is a living thing until it pokes its head out, so to me an abortion is no different than getting rid of an unwanted tumor or cancer... Does that make me a bad person... Hell, cancer and tumors are living, growing things, and no one gives a shit when people kill them...
When I was 6 or 7 months pregnant I could feel my baby hiccuping inside of me. lol I'm not sure a tumor will hiccup inside of you.
Just saying ;)

“Many have died”

On the road to peace

#86 Jul 18, 2013
Greeneville Goblin wrote:
A tumor is far from a fetus. I know where you are coming from, but a tumor cannot kick and move at WILL. There are people who see pregnancy as a stage before LIFE, I cannot agree with them, or make sense of their concepts about life. But, we are all different and hardly ever see eye to eye with everyone on this subject. Live and let live is a nice thing to practice and I will do so now. Thanks for not being nasty in your remarks about this.:)
I will also bow out now... Thank you for not getting nasty about it either... It's people like that could restore my faith in humanity...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 16 min Agnus 7,642
Jost International??? 1 hr wow 8
scott Jaynes 1 hr who are they 1
Tracey Michelle Cutshall Berryhill Holt 2 hr damn 12
Prayers for Mike Pence 2 hr whothehellcares- 11
Baileyton Restaurant opening 2 hr just another day 2
curse 2 hr Trunketeer 35
impossible to do things alone 2 hr Kohlrabi 27
Ted Cruz for president 3 hr Question 69
***** last post wins ***** 4 hr Kohlrabi 1,627