Dr. Kirk Attacked Conservative Christ...

Dr. Kirk Attacked Conservative Christians in Op-Ed

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Concerned

Greeneville, TN

#1 Aug 2, 2013
Did anyone else read Dr. Kirk's attack on Conservative Christians in her opinion piece earlier this week?

An author wrote a negative piece about Common Core. Dr. Kirk's response was to attack him for being a Conservative Christian.

I have a real problem with the leader of our school system thinking being Conservative or being a Christian is a negative thing.

I know many Conservatives send their kids to Greene County Schools.

I know many Christians send their kids to Greene County Schools.

I know many Conservatives are teachers in Greene County Schools.

I know many Christians are teachers in Greene County Schools.

I guess it is good to know where Dr. Kirk stands! She does not respect your views if you are a Conservative or a Christian!

We need to get rid of her. She has shown herself to be manipulative. She plays the victim card so well. She does something ignorant and is able to slide the blame right on down the line. Then she comes out smelling like a rose when she is nothing more than something quite different.

How is this for my op-ed piece?
Saw It

Greeneville, TN

#2 Aug 2, 2013
I saw it. It is a cause of concern to say the least.
Didnt See It

Greeneville, TN

#3 Aug 2, 2013
What did she say? What day was it in the paper?
nursiepoo

Knoxville, TN

#4 Aug 3, 2013
Heaven forbid if someone thinks differently than you!
greeneville

Maxton, NC

#5 Aug 3, 2013
She is a Christian. Devout Christian.
Question

Greeneville, TN

#6 Aug 3, 2013
Does that make her a self-hating Christian?

If you claim Christianity yet do not look at things through a Christian worldview, how committed are you to Christianity?

That is how each of us need to self-examine daily.
Fatty Patty

Chicago, IL

#7 Aug 3, 2013
Define 'Christian' -- that is the problem - too many conflicting viewpoints on what a Christian is and what it means to be a Christian.
i disagree

Greeneville, TN

#8 Aug 3, 2013
Fatty Patty wrote:
Define 'Christian'-- that is the problem - too many conflicting viewpoints on what a Christian is and what it means to be a Christian.
I disagree. If you believe John 3:16, you are a child of the King and a Christian. So simple even a child can understand. The confusion comes when people think that being a Christian means you live a perfect life with no mistakes or sin in your life. Nobody can do that. Thank you Jesus for John 3:16 and for being so forgiving of my failures.
i disagree

Greeneville, TN

#9 Aug 3, 2013
greeneville wrote:
She is a Christian. Devout Christian.
Vicki has become part of the world. Maybe because of her education. Who knows? One thing is for certain, Vicki's position will affect the lives of many, many of God's children. She better get it right.
doubtful

Greeneville, TN

#10 Aug 4, 2013
Her ability to separate her work life from her religious life tells it all...a Christian is a Christian in the office, at the gym, in one's home, at the churh,,,,you get the point. If you can turn it on and off, it's not the real deal. So, as for devout Dr. Kirk??? Very doubtful. Now, Liberal Big Government Higher Taxes "Village Raising a Child" Dr. Kirk...YOU BET! I am afraid for the future of our children. People better do the research on common core and call your legislators. It needs to be gone, and yes, Dr. Kirk, I am a Christian against common core...for a VARIETY of reasons.
America is Bleeding

Greeneville, TN

#11 Aug 4, 2013
Why don't you tell us what's so good or bad about Common Core?

I also think the whole op-Ed should be posted so her comments aren't just simply taken out f context. The way they were posted here was done so in a way that helps the opinion of the original poster.
What would Jesus do

Bradenton, FL

#12 Aug 4, 2013
Jesus would turn the other cheek.
Jesus would try to understand what she means.
Jesus would not attack her, Jesus would talk to her (politely).
Jesus would not call for her to be fired.
Jesus would not say "get rid of her."
Jesus wouldn't be so sensitive that every criticism is an "attack".
JC understood people's different opinions and that all are valid.
JC would appreciate somebody like Dr. Kirk taking care of kids.

You've got a lot to learn about being a real Christian. It doesn't mean slinging a cross around your neck, it means being "Christ-like" and Christ was a really nice person. You come across like a fake victim.

If your faith was strong, you wouldn't feel the need to be so incredibly sensitive to any criticism. You clearly don't believe strongly in Christianity and that's why you're so angry about some other person's opinion.

That's all it is....an opinion. Be like Christ. Shut your mouth and go do something nice for somebody instead of all this whining.
Dr. Kirk is being more Christ-like than you, every single day.
Concerned wrote:
Did anyone else read Dr. Kirk's attack on Conservative Christians in her opinion piece earlier this week?
An author wrote a negative piece about Common Core. Dr. Kirk's response was to attack him for being a Conservative Christian.
I have a real problem with the leader of our school system thinking being Conservative or being a Christian is a negative thing.
I know many Conservatives send their kids to Greene County Schools.
I know many Christians send their kids to Greene County Schools.
I know many Conservatives are teachers in Greene County Schools.
I know many Christians are teachers in Greene County Schools.
I guess it is good to know where Dr. Kirk stands! She does not respect your views if you are a Conservative or a Christian!
We need to get rid of her. She has shown herself to be manipulative. She plays the victim card so well. She does something ignorant and is able to slide the blame right on down the line. Then she comes out smelling like a rose when she is nothing more than something quite different.
How is this for my op-ed piece?
Would you care to

Bradenton, FL

#13 Aug 4, 2013
list these "reasons"? Otherwise, with no information to back your claim, it's just a bunch of blathering.

You can't just say something w/out backing it up.

You might want to turn off the AM hate radio for a while (and Fox) and try getting your info from a variety of places. All you Foxbots sounds the same because you're spoon-fed the same message(s) every day. It gets boring for the rest of us, listening to your empty complaints.

Please try thinking for yourself, it's very liberating....
doubtful wrote:
Her ability to separate her work life from her religious life tells it all...a Christian is a Christian in the office, at the gym, in one's home, at the churh,,,,you get the point. If you can turn it on and off, it's not the real deal. So, as for devout Dr. Kirk??? Very doubtful. Now, Liberal Big Government Higher Taxes "Village Raising a Child" Dr. Kirk...YOU BET! I am afraid for the future of our children. People better do the research on common core and call your legislators. It needs to be gone, and yes, Dr. Kirk, I am a Christian against common core...for a VARIETY of reasons.
soldiers for Christ

Greeneville, TN

#15 Aug 4, 2013
What would Jesus do wrote:
Jesus would turn the other cheek.
Jesus would try to understand what she means.
Jesus would not attack her, Jesus would talk to her (politely).
Jesus would not call for her to be fired.
Jesus would not say "get rid of her."
Jesus wouldn't be so sensitive that every criticism is an "attack".
JC understood people's different opinions and that all are valid.
JC would appreciate somebody like Dr. Kirk taking care of kids.
You've got a lot to learn about being a real Christian. It doesn't mean slinging a cross around your neck, it means being "Christ-like" and Christ was a really nice person. You come across like a fake victim.
If your faith was strong, you wouldn't feel the need to be so incredibly sensitive to any criticism. You clearly don't believe strongly in Christianity and that's why you're so angry about some other person's opinion.
That's all it is....an opinion. Be like Christ. Shut your mouth and go do something nice for somebody instead of all this whining.
Dr. Kirk is being more Christ-like than you, every single day.
<quoted text>


Jesus would say get my children out of those schools!!
soldiers for Christ

Greeneville, TN

#16 Aug 4, 2013
Would you care to wrote:
list these "reasons"? Otherwise, with no information to back your claim, it's just a bunch of blathering.
You can't just say something w/out backing it up.
You might want to turn off the AM hate radio for a while (and Fox) and try getting your info from a variety of places. All you Foxbots sounds the same because you're spoon-fed the same message(s) every day. It gets boring for the rest of us, listening to your empty complaints.
Please try thinking for yourself, it's very liberating....
<quoted text>
Are you trying to say you represent what Jesus stands for? Your rhetoric sounds like a sound bite right out of the Democrat's play book. Jesus had his people fight many wars to preserve what HE stands for. Sorry, but the United States belongs to all of us, not just those who sing with your choir.
Troll

Johnson City, TN

#17 Aug 4, 2013
Would you care to wrote:
list these "reasons"? Otherwise, with no information to back your claim, it's just a bunch of blathering.
You can't just say something w/out backing it up.
You might want to turn off the AM hate radio for a while (and Fox) and try getting your info from a variety of places. All you Foxbots sounds the same because you're spoon-fed the same message(s) every day. It gets boring for the rest of us, listening to your empty complaints.
Please try thinking for yourself, it's very liberating....
<quoted text>
you're just a troll for progressives...
Troll

Johnson City, TN

#19 Aug 4, 2013
Hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
This is one of the bests replies that I've seen on topix. Thanks for a beautiful reply!
jesus/God got angry and turned over the money tables in the temple when people who professed to be His followers perverted the truth of his sayings. People who mislead children will be held more accountable for their actions,, be it through a progressive curriculum or any false teachings.

“I'M BACK.......SPORA DICALLY”

Since: Jun 12

BUFFALO, NY

#20 Aug 4, 2013
Troll wrote:
<quoted text>you're just a troll for progressives...
As if that's necessarily a BAD thing!
Troll

Johnson City, TN

#21 Aug 4, 2013
Jesus
Fatty Patty

Chicago, IL

#22 Aug 4, 2013
i disagree wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. If you believe John 3:16, you are a child of the King and a Christian. So simple even a child can understand. The confusion comes when people think that being a Christian means you live a perfect life with no mistakes or sin in your life. Nobody can do that. Thank you Jesus for John 3:16 and for being so forgiving of my failures.
So --- that is 'your' definition of Christian.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Weems, lady's man 16 min Truth man 20
Richard Keller Armstrong 36 min Doc 3
Dude goes by Savage 3 hr HisRealGirl 8
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 3 hr whatimeisit 11,599
Where is Timothy Griffin ? 3 hr Bill 1
Double Word/ Letter Game (Sep '14) 4 hr Alyssa76 28
Gina Tolliver and Lois Shelton (Aug '17) 6 hr Tolliver 8

Greeneville Jobs

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages