First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Benny Hill

Fort Campbell, TN

#82 Nov 16, 2012
GSP_trpr wrote:
In a fire fight or potentially deadly situation, things get amplified, your heart's beating out of it's chest, you almost feel "outside" yourself, your mind's going in fifty different directions at once and the adrenaline's pumping in to the point you may just vomit or pass out at any second. Can you really maintain your composure through this mess? Some can, some can't but, for a moment anyway, try and put yourself in the shoes of someone who is in this situation. It's easy to second guess or referee from the "outside" looking in. Not saying it's right or wrong, just saying look at the BIG picture.
Everything you say is true. One thing that I have found is, like everything else, the situation slows down some , the more times you are involved in it.
Lmao

Antioch, TN

#84 Nov 16, 2012
I thought running from cops, allowed them to shoot you to stop you?

Stop or I will shoot!

Or is this just movies?

“Listen, Think, Speak.”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#86 Nov 16, 2012
Benny Hill wrote:
<quoted text>Everything you say is true. One thing that I have found is, like everything else, the situation slows down some , the more times you are involved in it.
With repetition comes perception yet that's true in any line of work. You know though, Mr. Hill, some people are just naturally more suited to the rigors of a certain job than others no matter how much experience they accrue or training they receive and can simply handle high stress situations better. I've witnessed many through the years who had ABSOLUTELY no business in law enforcement but once they pass the prelims (polygraph, background checks , POST training, probationary period, etc.) they're pretty much locked in unless they really screw up...which apparently this young man did else he wouldn't be under investigation.
Benny Hill

Fort Campbell, TN

#87 Nov 16, 2012
GSP_trpr wrote:
<quoted text>
With repetition comes perception yet that's true in any line of work. You know though, Mr. Hill, some people are just naturally more suited to the rigors of a certain job than others no matter how much experience they accrue or training they receive and can simply handle high stress situations better. I've witnessed many through the years who had ABSOLUTELY no business in law enforcement but once they pass the prelims (polygraph, background checks , POST training, probationary period, etc.) they're pretty much locked in unless they really screw up...which apparently this young man did else he wouldn't be under investigation.
Very true.
sadly

Travelers Rest, SC

#89 Nov 16, 2012
Always wrote:
<quoted text>You people are always looking for a conspiracy. Nothing was covered up. The FBI investigated this case when it happened and nothing was done then. Now it's coming back up due to the other allegations against the officer. This has nothing to do with the Sheriff or any other employees. They all followed protocol and complied with the FBI.
I will believe it when I see it..
Concerned citizen

Garland, TX

#90 Nov 16, 2012
Always wrote:
<quoted text>
You people are always looking for a conspiracy. Nothing was covered up. The FBI investigated this case when it happened and nothing was done then. Now it's coming back up due to the other allegations against the officer. This has nothing to do with the Sheriff or any other employees. They all followed protocol and complied with the FBI.
This was not investigated when it happened, if it had been Morgan would be in prison already and innocent people would not have been victimized by him

Location known

#91 Nov 16, 2012
Always wrote:
<quoted text>
You people are always looking for a conspiracy. Nothing was covered up. The FBI investigated this case when it happened and nothing was done then. Now it's coming back up due to the other allegations against the officer. This has nothing to do with the Sheriff or any other employees. They all followed protocol and complied with the FBI.
If the FBI investigated the case when it happened, then it seems they would only review the investigative report rather than go back to the scene to "dig up" more evidence for an entirely different allegation against the accused.
Ten

Elizabethtown, KY

#92 Nov 16, 2012
GSP_trpr wrote:
In a fire fight or potentially deadly situation, things get amplified, your heart's beating out of it's chest, you almost feel "outside" yourself, your mind's going in fifty different directions at once and the adrenaline's pumping in to the point you may just vomit or pass out at any second. Can you really maintain your composure through this mess? Some can, some can't but, for a moment anyway, try and put yourself in the shoes of someone who is in this situation. It's easy to second guess or referee from the "outside" looking in. Not saying it's right or wrong, just saying look at the BIG picture.
Point is, the officer wasn't in any danger "as they ran AWAY"
amazed

Elizabethtown, KY

#93 Nov 16, 2012
my goodness, these young and once hd a good future,men took a pistol two 2 victims and beat them. this was attemped murder and no one has barely mentioned them. They were somebodys grandad or mavbe your father. they busted into a house without being invited and brutally hit them with a gun. did they deserve that and we are question whether or not these people should be made heros and thats exactly what would have happened if they weren't stopped and they may not had been a threat as they were running away but how do we know that they was not going to go to the next street over and beat them with a gun or
worse yet just shoot someone that could be innocent or a child - yes they had to be stopped. i feel like everyone is laughing at our town because over the last couple of years i have even giggled at our fearless leaders and wonder what in the world has happened to their brain because we sure have done some childish things but we have at least did one job right and that was to waste money.
FriendofToad

Johnson City, TN

#94 Nov 17, 2012
Shooting the slaves is not good business in the back Obama is half black you can't get away with it anymore .Cops are human too
Just sayin

Winnsboro, SC

#95 Nov 18, 2012
Its against the law to shoot someone in the back...research the kid in memohis case that helped change the law. He had broken into a hone and as he fled the homeowner shot him in the back. This case changed the laws. Cops should know this law as well since its in basic criminal justice classes.

“Listen, Think, Speak.”

Location hidden

#96 Nov 18, 2012
Just sayin wrote:
Its against the law to shoot someone in the back...research the kid in memohis case that helped change the law. He had broken into a hone and as he fled the homeowner shot him in the back. This case changed the laws. Cops should know this law as well since its in basic criminal justice classes.
Thing is, those basic criminal justice classes can't teach judgement, restraint or common sense. Some people are cut out for the job, some aren't regardless that they somehow passed those minimum requirements. I do know when things get amped up or you're faced with a real "situation", that's when you witness how some are "really" prepared mentally to respond but by then sometimes it's too late. Mistakes are made...even to the point of lives being needlessly taken. I can't speculate on what occurred that day, I wasn't there, but for some, it was a very bad day for everyone involved.
get your facts

Greeneville, TN

#97 Nov 19, 2012
Concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
This was not investigated when it happened, if it had been Morgan would be in prison already and innocent people would not have been victimized by him
Yes, yes this was investigated when it happened. That's the protocol for when an officer discharges a gun on duty. The reason the FBI is back again is because of Morgan's new charges. At the time, things were deemed as justified. Now they are looking deeper into the case because it was this particular officer.
FriendofCatfish

Johnson City, TN

#98 Nov 19, 2012
Sanity wrote:
I heard this happened in 2005 or 2006. So why now? It shouldn't have been a surprise that the dude was shot. Why was nothing said until now? I certainly do not remember hearing that Morgan shot someone.
To me, this seems to be more about the Sheriff's Dept and it's handling of the incident instead of the actual shooting. The shooting incident should have been resolved years ago. So, what did happen?
I would be very surprised if they found the casing. It makes one wonder why do they even need it? Probably to show that a sheriff's department weapon ( and ammo) was indeed discharged. Anytime an officer fires one of his duty rounds ( even if he has to shoot a wild dog ). He/she must file a report as to why he used his duty ammo.
All of this makes me wonder WHY???? Why would Burns EVER cover up for Morgan? Morgan was nothing but trouble for Years. Looooooong before the shooting occurred.
FBI if they are on the scent they will get their man and all those that may have aided in any cover up . LOCAL CONSERVATISM can't stop it
Hmmm

Charlotte, NC

#99 Nov 21, 2012
If I remember correctly? When an officer is under investigation ,he or she is placed on admin. leave with pay. If it was investigated when it happen was Morgan placed on admin. leave until investigation cleared him? IDK just wondering... Anyone know?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary Clinton is running for POTUS 13 min Kohlrabi 33
***** last post wins ***** (Oct '14) 26 min Kohlrabi 1,753
live at the valley 30 min Kohlrabi 51
Jaqueline Williams (Feb '11) 1 hr patrick 37
Lisa 1 hr A thought 9
Any Gay Friendly places (Apr '11) 1 hr Dr Wu 121
Mail carrier won't pickup my mail??? (Dec '10) 1 hr rca 115
Bible to become Tennessee state book? 2 hr Gunslinger 47
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search