Really

Greeneville, TN

#1 Apr 22, 2013
yep

Greeneville, TN

#2 Apr 22, 2013
Really wrote:
There aren't many republicans in office. Most of them are just democrats running on the republican ticket.

“the right is mostly wrong”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#3 Apr 22, 2013
Really wrote:
JUST the extreme right-wingers, members of the Christian right, and those who take orders from the NRA. All other Republicans are very nice people.
Really

Greeneville, TN

#4 Apr 22, 2013
yep wrote:
<quoted text>
There aren't many republicans in office. Most of them are just democrats running on the republican ticket.
If that is true, I am amazed that Republicans allow that to happen.
local

Greeneville, TN

#5 Apr 22, 2013
most of our local elected officials are Republican.
back to top

Greeneville, TN

#6 Apr 23, 2013
wrong my friend. your county commission is beng run by liberal democrats. some do indeed call themselves republicans but that don't make it so. I blame the party. ANYONE can put an R by their name and they are welcomed into the tent. How about Robin Quillen, Jan Kiker, M.C. Rollins, Moss, and a couple of others. Go look at their voting records. Limited government? Fiscal responsibility? You are kidding yourself if you think true republicans are running things. Just look who sided with Tim White so he would get a pass. Look who pushed the tax hike. Look who voted to vastly expand the power and scope of the road department, the schools, and on and on. Watch how they vote and what they say. Not the letter they put by their names. they are counting on an uninformed or disinterested voting public to just keep putting them in again and again so they just keep doing whatever they want. Representative Government? Not as long as the public is not paying attention.
NRA member

Greeneville, TN

#7 Apr 23, 2013
Kohlrabi wrote:
<quoted text>JUST the extreme right-wingers, members of the Christian right, and those who take orders from the NRA. All other Republicans are very nice people.
That sounds like they are just the opposite from extreme left-wingers, atheists, gun grabber wannabes, and those who take orders from the homosexuals, transgenders, and third tri-mester abortionists. The rest of the Democrats are just nice folks who want to open the borders to all illegals in order to get voters, and give people's tax money to worthless lowlife scum who won't work in a pie factory.

“the right is mostly wrong”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#8 Apr 23, 2013
NRA member wrote:
<quoted text>That sounds like they are just the opposite from extreme left-wingers, atheists, gun grabber wannabes, and those who take orders from the homosexuals, transgenders, and third tri-mester abortionists. The rest of the Democrats are just nice folks who want to open the borders to all illegals in order to get voters, and give people's tax money to worthless lowlife scum who won't work in a pie factory.
Have very passionate political/social/religious opinions do we? At least I said SOME Republicans were nice people.
NRA member

Greeneville, TN

#9 Apr 23, 2013
Kohlrabi wrote:
<quoted text>Have very passionate political/social/religious opinions do we? At least I said SOME Republicans were nice people.
I give as good as I get.
who

Greeneville, TN

#10 Apr 23, 2013
back to top wrote:
wrong my friend. your county commission is beng run by liberal democrats. some do indeed call themselves republicans but that don't make it so. I blame the party. ANYONE can put an R by their name and they are welcomed into the tent. How about Robin Quillen, Jan Kiker, M.C. Rollins, Moss, and a couple of others. Go look at their voting records. Limited government? Fiscal responsibility? You are kidding yourself if you think true republicans are running things. Just look who sided with Tim White so he would get a pass. Look who pushed the tax hike. Look who voted to vastly expand the power and scope of the road department, the schools, and on and on. Watch how they vote and what they say. Not the letter they put by their names. they are counting on an uninformed or disinterested voting public to just keep putting them in again and again so they just keep doing whatever they want. Representative Government? Not as long as the public is not paying attention.
who are the true Republican county commissioners then?
back to top

Greeneville, TN

#11 Apr 23, 2013
personally I side with conservative republicans, of which there are only a few on the commission. J.Carter, R. Hopson, T. Hensley, R. Bird are the most consistent in their conservative voting patterns on the big important issues. Occassionally a few others will swing over but for the most part, the liberals rule. And count Seay among the liberals, and he is Chairman of the Rep. Caucus. Go figure. David claims to be conservative and is going to run for mayor, but I am not so sure about that.

“the right is mostly wrong”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#12 Apr 23, 2013
NRA member wrote:
<quoted text>I give as good as I get.
Then I would really like to know your concept of 'overkill!'
back to top

Greeneville, TN

#13 Apr 23, 2013
By the way, the door can swing both ways. There are several democrats who truthfully call themselves democrats and that's fine. But there is one democrat who is actually a fairly conservative republican, in my opinion. Who? B. Dabbs.
yes

Greeneville, TN

#14 Apr 24, 2013
back to top wrote:
personally I side with conservative republicans, of which there are only a few on the commission. J.Carter, R. Hopson, T. Hensley, R. Bird are the most consistent in their conservative voting patterns on the big important issues. Occassionally a few others will swing over but for the most part, the liberals rule. And count Seay among the liberals, and he is Chairman of the Rep. Caucus. Go figure. David claims to be conservative and is going to run for mayor, but I am not so sure about that.
David Crum is a shoe-in for county mayor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
info about eric jones 47 min Wondering 11
dean tweed (suicide) 1 hr Wondering 3
Stealing drugs and needles from laughlin hospital 1 hr For Sure 14
Principal at Mosheim 1 hr mandowie 72
DRUGS,,off the street 2 hr concerned 1
lindsey mulhan cutshaw 3 hr curious 1
What goes on at Timberfell? (Sep '11) 3 hr southern jock 255
"Greeneville police: 2 infants found dead in ho... 13 hr From Jenny xoxo 154
Why so paranoid? 15 hr csmaven 100
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:36 pm PST

Bleacher Report 6:36PM
Betting Odds, Prediction for Panthers vs. Falcons
Bleacher Report 6:58 PM
Betting Odds, Prediction for Colts vs. Titans
NBC Sports 8:22 AM
Falcons cut LB James Anderson on Christmas Eve
NBC Sports12:17 PM
Jurrell Casey won't go to Pro Bowl as an alternate
NBC Sports12:22 PM
Gano eager for another chance vs. Falcons - NBC Sports