Music Scene in Greenville area?

Music Scene in Greenville area?

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Sif

United States

#1 Jun 13, 2018
Local Musician here. Wanna collaborate with some other local artists!! Curious to see replyís on this thread
Okkkkkkkkkkkkk

United States

#2 Jun 13, 2018
Sif wrote:
Local Musician here. Wanna collaborate with some other local artists!! Curious to see replyís on this thread
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23773883/l...
white trash paradise

Harriman, TN

#3 Jun 13, 2018
I have not seen any music in Greeneville ever..........
Bubba work real hard

United States

#4 Jun 13, 2018
Sif wrote:
I have been thinking that it would be real neat if someone local put together a band like Dave Matthews that combined instruments from drastically different genres. Like he has jazz instruments, sax and trumpet, then combined them with rock instruments, electric guitar and drumset.

Thats one of the things that give Dave Matthews such a unique ambient quality, his blending together instruments that normally arent played together on stage.

Wonner what it would sound like if you took a traditional bluegrass band with banjo and guitar, but instead of having a fiddle or dobro you instead have a trombone playing the fiddle part. The way a trombone slide smears over notes is the same way a fiddle works, and a trombone would add a very dark brass sound to the band that you dont get with a bright string instrument like fiddle.

You could also bring in drum set or percussion line instead of upright base, drum set might sound real interesting in a bluegrass band.

Anyway I guess what Im trying to say is just because you play electric guitar and someone else play clarinet, that dont mean you cant work together and become the necks Dave Matthews. esepecially with youtube, they didn't have thqat back in the 1990s and now it is real easy to throw a music vid together in your bedroom and then get million hits.
while supplies last

Ottawa, Canada

#5 Jun 13, 2018
Bubba work real hard wrote:
<quoted text>

I have been thinking that it would be real neat if someone local put together a band like Dave Matthews that combined instruments from drastically different genres. Like he has jazz instruments, sax and trumpet, then combined them with rock instruments, electric guitar and drumset.

Thats one of the things that give Dave Matthews such a unique ambient quality, his blending together instruments that normally arent played together on stage.

Wonner what it would sound like if you took a traditional bluegrass band with banjo and guitar, but instead of having a fiddle or dobro you instead have a trombone playing the fiddle part. The way a trombone slide smears over notes is the same way a fiddle works, and a trombone would add a very dark brass sound to the band that you dont get with a bright string instrument like fiddle.

You could also bring in drum set or percussion line instead of upright base, drum set might sound real interesting in a bluegrass band.

Anyway I guess what Im trying to say is just because you play electric guitar and someone else play clarinet, that dont mean you cant work together and become the necks Dave Matthews. esepecially with youtube, they didn't have thqat back in the 1990s and now it is real easy to throw a music vid together in your bedroom and then get million hits.
Great idea.
Maybe being able to play the bassoon and banjo simultaneously will come in handy yet.
I knew those skills would eventually pay off.
I'm marketing one awesome,although unwieldy, "bassoonjo" to anyone who's interested. I can customize it with the colors and number of your favorite NASCAR driver for $99.00 complete with built-in fidget spinner that allows it to drive itself in circles when not being played mimicking the NASCAR vehicle itself.
Sif

United States

#6 Jun 15, 2018
white trash paradise wrote:
I have not seen any music in Greeneville ever..........
Iím new here. So Iím curious. Iíve seen some people sing at the Farmers market
Bubba work real hard

United States

#7 Jun 15, 2018
Sif wrote:
<quoted text>

Iím new here. So Iím curious. Iíve seen some people sing at the Farmers market
Thats probably because they were white, if they were black they would have been arrested for loitering.

If you see a black person call the cops
Greeneville 88 Son

United States

#8 Jun 15, 2018
We don't want no darkies singin in our town, less they do it the fields workin, if ya know what I mean
ObrotherWhereAre ntThou

Ottawa, Canada

#9 Jun 15, 2018
<quoted text>

Thats probably because they were white, if they were black they would have been arrested for loitering.

I think there's a hot line to report suspicious melodical activity by coloreds.
guessing

Edison, NJ

#10 Jun 15, 2018
Sif wrote:
What genre are you focusing on at this time in your search? May have a drummer that might be interested.
on dubs

Ottawa, Canada

#11 Jun 15, 2018
guessing wrote:
<quoted text>What genre are you focusing on at this time in your search? May have a drummer that might be interested.
Gangsta polka yo.
guessing

Edison, NJ

#12 Jun 15, 2018
on dubs wrote:
<quoted text>

Gangsta polka yo.
Fibberer. U be cray cray!
Sif

United States

#13 Jun 24, 2018
guessing wrote:
<quoted text>What genre are you focusing on at this time in your search? May have a drummer that might be interested.
Sorry for the late response my guy. Alt Rock and Folk is why I primarily play.
Sif

United States

#14 Jun 24, 2018
<quoted text>

Dude you are disgusting. Get out of this post. Disgusting
Sif

United States

#15 Jun 24, 2018
Greeneville 88 Son wrote:
We don't want no darkies singin in our town, less they do it the fields workin, if ya know what I mean
Well ďDarkiesĒ made that Rock and Country you love so much you hick. Blues is a black genre yet you guys seem to gobble it up?
unreal

United States

#16 Jun 24, 2018
Sif wrote:
<quoted text>

Well ďDarkiesĒ made that Rock and Country you love so much you hick. Blues is a black genre yet you guys seem to gobble it up?
Nothing better than a black man singing the blues. Unfortunately, the blacks have traded blues for rap!
Sif

United States

#17 Jun 24, 2018
unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing better than a black man singing the blues. Unfortunately, the blacks have traded blues for rap!
I love rap. So I canít exactly relate with you on this haha.
unreal

United States

#18 Jun 24, 2018
Sif wrote:
<quoted text>
I love rap. So I canít exactly relate with you on this haha.
Well that's fine. Don't those rappers have beautiful voices? It amazing how they hit some of those higher notes!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Got a question? Are the police dangers 24 min JReb 6
USA officially apologizes to North Korea (Nov '14) 2 hr Okay 35
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 2 hr -Papa-Smurf- 11,746
Federal money 5 hr Jreb 27
Kavanaugh troubles 5 hr Jreb 30
Park sexual harrassed me 5 hr Shameonyou 13
Simple math 6 hr Liberty 39
New sheriff in town!! 11 hr Sedrick 42

Greeneville Jobs

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages