THE GREENEVILLE PARTNERSHIP (Charmber...

THE GREENEVILLE PARTNERSHIP (Charmber of Commerce)

Created by volunteer2009 on Mar 3, 2009

186 votes

Click on an option to vote

GREAT AT BRINGING IN NEW JOBS

BAD AT BRINGING IN NEW JOBS

NOT WORTH THE TAX DOLLARS

THROWS A GREAT PARTY

HELPS OUR CITY A LOT

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
homes

Hendersonville, TN

#42 May 18, 2010
I agree about the smoking. At any business it does not look good in a front entrance area.
maybe if the ever hire a new leader he can fix that.
Its only been 5 months, so I guess they have been busy......WE NEEDS JOBS!!!!!!!!!!
Fred

Hendersonville, TN

#43 May 20, 2010
Yes, make the place look better and clean up the small stuff like smoking in the front door
agree

Jonesborough, TN

#47 May 21, 2010
Fred, I'm with you. It's discussing to show up at the Partnership building to be welcomed by employess of the Partnership smoking at the front door. You would think they would be more considered. The new president needs to make it clear that if you want to retain your job you must make every attempt to quit and you will no longer be allowed to smoke outside the front door. If they have a problem with it then they need to find a new job.

I also agree that they need to clean up the place.
YAG

Smyrna, TN

#48 May 21, 2010
Know it wrote:
The Partnership houses the Economic Dev office, they are not that office. They have several programs_ Tourism, keep Greene beautiful, Agricultural, Chamber, etc that do things FOR the community.
Your local economic dev board and county officials are tasked with recruiting business and industey to our county.
The iris fest, Fall fest and other events are open to all and always have been, so what is the fuss here. call or go in and sign up to participate.
This is just like a blog form, all BS
The only BS in Greeneville is the so called Partnership. If the "Partnership" vanished today there would be nobody looking for them. They would not be missed. Probably wouldn't realize they were gone.
How can they have closed meetings when they take tax money? "Partner" let's open those meetings if you are going to take the public's money. Why so secretive? The city/county owes the prima donnas absolutely nothing. Cut their funds off.
It exists to provide some of the "somebodys" a job.
New boards coming to the city and county. Earn your money or lose the tax dollars.
Remember you can fool some of the people some of the time......
ricker

Hendersonville, TN

#49 May 25, 2010
I heard that Tom Ferguson was going to run that place again. Any truth to that? if not, I hope they get somebody with local ties as these out of toweners have just plain failed one after another.
Local people help local people!
parent

Hendersonville, TN

#50 Jun 27, 2010
Well they do a good job there and they all work hard.

One the other hand, it looks tacking for high school kids to go there and the ladies to smoke at the front door. Kelly Burrell smokes when she takes a group of high school kids out in the community and that is not setting a good example. She also needs to clean up her potty mouth as well. I think some times she forgets that she is to set a good example for the kids she works with in the programs. She does a good job, just needs an adjustment in her attitude.
bank customer

Brentwood, TN

#51 Jul 10, 2010
ricker wrote:
I heard that Tom Ferguson was going to run that place again. Any truth to that? if not, I hope they get somebody with local ties as these out of toweners have just plain failed one after another.
Local people help local people!
They just need to make a hire - NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
WOW

Gallatin, TN

#52 Aug 9, 2010
Moving back to top of topix. I like them and I do love to read others topix.
volunteer

Fort Campbell, TN

#53 Aug 9, 2010
who really gaf about the GCP....What a waste of money that organization is.
ted

Gallatin, TN

#54 Aug 10, 2010
bank customer wrote:
<quoted text>
They just need to make a hire - NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
One month later and still no hire. I guess they are still paying off the last guy that so called resigned. My best is he was fired and they are paying his salary and cannot afford to hire a recruiter yet. We need the jobs!!!!!!!!!!
parent 10

Gallatin, TN

#55 Aug 12, 2010
I think they have good programs and good people, but Ms. Burrell needs to work on her personality and keeping her big mouth shut, especially around young adults.
wobbie

Gallatin, TN

#56 Aug 13, 2010
I think that Jennifer Reynolds that works there is pretty hot
Tweeter

Johnson City, TN

#57 Aug 13, 2010
If you guys only knew what was going on. Ferguson is coming back to town, just wait and see. He is a lot more involed with the Partnership right now than most people think.
we reds

Gallatin, TN

#58 Aug 15, 2010
The people in the know already know. he did good last time, so why not try PROVEN SUCCESS?
terry

Gallatin, TN

#59 Aug 17, 2010
wobbie wrote:
I think that Jennifer Reynolds that works there is pretty hot
She is and single too!
hellyea

Fort Campbell, TN

#61 Aug 18, 2010
Willie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, she is single and has never been married. That should tell you something. Why is she single? Just because she may have pretty legs and struts her body as good as anyone, especially at the "Y", does not mean she is a keeper. Time is running out for her.
There is no law that says you have to be married or ever get married....Time is running out for all of us.
Willie

Jonesborough, TN

#62 Aug 19, 2010
hellyea wrote:
<quoted text>There is no law that says you have to be married or ever get married....Time is running out for all of us.
Well said!
cheez-it

Smyrna, TN

#63 Aug 25, 2010
the partnership should look at joneborough there downtown uses all the old buildings. In Greeneville the buildings are falling apart. They are too worried about expanding out and not where this town started at. Get back to basics put business back in downtown. And not these high priced ritzy places that alot of people cant afford. Clean the businesses up that are down there the cleanest looking place is tiptons but alot of the buildings around them are falling apart. After that start having the iris festival and other events down there instead of in front of the jail. Who will it take to do all this most of those buildings are probally owned by some old person who dont want any business there. Well the City needs to step in or someone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how many have been illegally arrested, searched... 22 min Really 38
two ton tammy kimery (Apr '11) 23 min Tammy kimery 16
GHS basketball 37 min Football fan 20
Thread removal.. 48 min Dr Wu 1
Dan Armstrong. A man - a true man - was murde... 50 min unreal 21
Sherry Kimery 50 min To the point 1
who is over sheriff pat hankins? 50 min Dr Wu 3
OBama the last relevant President 1 hr dahdonalddumberdirt 76

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web