Judge Bailey lets the drug abusers go...

Judge Bailey lets the drug abusers go again

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Judy

Gallatin, TN

#1 Apr 21, 2011
All who went to court yesterday got off. Why, with the drug problem we have in this town charges were dropped
Barbara

Gallatin, TN

#2 Apr 21, 2011
Yes I know Give our justice system a metal or a raise

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#3 Apr 21, 2011
We need to vote him out next time he runs
okay

Johnson City, TN

#4 Apr 21, 2011
There is a big difference between being a drug abuser and a hardened criminal.

Having personal use drugs is way different than selling them or making them.

There is not enough room in all the prisons in TN to put away everybody who would fail a drug test or get caught with a joint.

Just sayin'.
Barbara

Gallatin, TN

#5 Apr 21, 2011
okay wrote:
There is a big difference between being a drug abuser and a hardened criminal.
Having personal use drugs is way different than selling them or making them.
There is not enough room in all the prisons in TN to put away everybody who would fail a drug test or get caught with a joint.
Just sayin'.
these arrested were selling drugs, I know these people. The drug Task Force messed up with the text messages, I was in the courtroon yesterday Dont get caught jay walking or you will spend 90 days behind bars,.

Since: Apr 11

Hendersonville, TN

#6 Apr 21, 2011
good job judge baily :)
Inquiring Mind

Gallatin, TN

#7 Apr 21, 2011
Barbara wrote:
<quoted text>these arrested were selling drugs, I know these people. The drug Task Force messed up with the text messages, I was in the courtroon yesterday Dont get caught jay walking or you will spend 90 days behind bars,.
Would you mind elaborating? How did they mess up? If this is the deal I'm thinking of, I thought it sounded strange to begin with. I think I remember reading that they busted other people after looking through someone's phone. I thought at the time that it was probably just a story to cover for an informant, and if not, that it may require a warrant to search through someone's phone and use it as evidence. I don't know, I'm no lawyer.
Question

Roy, WA

#8 Apr 21, 2011
lol Where are we going to put all the drug users? I know in Tents! lol Well we could!
Barbara

Gallatin, TN

#9 Apr 21, 2011
we won't have to worry about where to put them, in jail or in tents. if this drug problem is not gotten under control parents are going to continue putting their children 6 ft. under and then they will wish they had done something to stop the problem, but they just say we will get you a good lawyer and he will get u off. That is not stopping the problem. How many more parents are going to have to go thru this. I appreciate the sherriffs Dept for doing their job, but the courts let them off This is so sad. I lost a very good friend because her parents kept getting her out of jail and the system kept her out of jail she eventually took an overdose. Wake up, Parents, Judges, Lawyers sometimes its better to be a little harsh
Judy

Gallatin, TN

#10 Apr 21, 2011
I agree 100% with you, Parents, lawyers, and the system, thats the problem
thinker

Johnson City, TN

#11 Apr 21, 2011
Judy wrote:
I agree 100% with you, Parents, lawyers, and the system, thats the problem
The REAL problem is the drugs. The drugs are getting here somehow. Hillbilly heroin is perfectly legal to possess with a script and easy to obtain.

You can make meth out of household ingredients.

Stop the drugs, stop the problem.

Lawyers, Judges, Parents wouldnt have to deal with addicts if drugs werent everywhere.
Fruit Salad

Nashville, TN

#12 Apr 21, 2011
Judy wrote:
All who went to court yesterday got off. Why, with the drug problem we have in this town charges were dropped
You are incorrect. There were about eight co-defendants. Four of them willingly bound their cases over to the Greene County Grand Jury. Four had preliminary hearings. Two who had hearings had their charges dismissed.

One defendant whose charge was dismissed was the passenger in a car. The DTF agent who interviewed her was not even at court. Nothing was found during the search of this woman. Maybe the outcome would have been different if the right DTF agent would have been there. Who knows.

The second defendant whose charge was dismissed never sent an incriminating text message. All that happened was that while the DTF had her phone, people sent her messages and the DTF responded. There was no evidence she was trying to sell or deliver drugs.

Before you try to whip people into a frenzy, know the facts.
Jackrabbit

United States

#13 Apr 21, 2011
Sort of like when Bailey said he would throw Dustin Moore in jail just because he listened to hear say?
This is in response to the above post about getting your facts straight before you judge. By the way, all but two charges were thrown out on Dustin and those two probably will be too.
Fruit Salad

Nashville, TN

#14 Apr 22, 2011
Jackrabbit wrote:
Sort of like when Bailey said he would throw Dustin Moore in jail just because he listened to hear say?
This is in response to the above post about getting your facts straight before you judge. By the way, all but two charges were thrown out on Dustin and those two probably will be too.
I said get your facts straight before you post.

Judge Bailey did not dismiss charges against Dustin Moore. A sitting Judge for the day did that.
no crap you big dumbie

Clover, SC

#15 Apr 22, 2011
Fruit Salad wrote:
<quoted text>
I said get your facts straight before you post.
Judge Bailey did not dismiss charges against Dustin Moore. A sitting Judge for the day did that.
I know this and I never stated he did. Learn to read before you post.
blondie

Columbia, SC

#16 Apr 22, 2011
Jackrabbit wrote:
I'm so happy to hear that. I told you christy! You and d are awesome people. Congrats!
HAMMER TIME

Ashburn, VA

#17 Apr 22, 2011
Dustin Moore is trash that belongs in prison.

Since: Apr 11

Hendersonville, TN

#18 Apr 22, 2011
im happy we have a good judge that shows justice GOOD JOB JUDGE BAILY
xxxx

Gallatin, TN

#19 Apr 22, 2011
lazyeye87 wrote:
im happy we have a good judge that shows justice GOOD JOB JUDGE BAILY
How do you get justice out of dropping charges on these kids, they will just do it again
Chris McMahon

Hendersonville, TN

#20 Apr 22, 2011
Drugs alter the structure of peoples brains, and some drugs over long enough periods of times will cause permanent changes to the brain. This means that your view on reality, and your whole personality will change, so you do crazy shit like...

whore yourself, steal, lie, cheat, and think you are right in the process... so they should really be likened to a mentally ill individual(although this does not excuse the behavior it explains it)

and also, drugs KILL people and the activities they get involved in KILL people, so they're probably most going to DIE in their EARLY YEARS... it's actually SAD.

Our courts should have programs (they do somewhat already) that give addicts chances to detox physically and time to recover psychologically, so they can get back to their true selves... and if they have permanent damage, the proper medication for that.... sympathy and love is really what the deal is on it, not oh let's trip on an addicted person,(remember on drugs you are mentally ill)... it's a sickness let's remember...

methamphetamine is LEGAL it comes in a pill called DESOXYN, google it... it's legal METH... benzodiazepines are legal and prescribed, oxycontin is legal and prescribed, all very addictive, so some people get on drugs from a doctor... some people are just bored and curious and get high and get hooked, some people have serious EMOTIONAL PROBLEMS, from harsh childhoods, and that is their method of escape at a very EARLY AGE, so it is ingrained in their mind and they don't develop...

it's no, oh let's get high, and rob yatata, it's more like, i tried this drug for x reason, my brain fucked up and then it fucked with my mind to do it more, and now i'm not myself and on down the line...

sympathy people. jeez. the cia gave crack to rick ross... crazy huh? alcohol and tobacco are legal and accepted, so some people don't even view themselves as addicts...

our society is run on addiction, to food, videogames, sitting on this computer we are all guilty of... it's not just drugs.

that's my opinion. processed food that we buy in the grocery stores have the same ARTIFICIAL PRESERVATIVES IN TOBACCO, which have been proven to heighten tobaccos addictive properties, and people really do crave and PHYSICALLY WITHDRAWAL FROM FOOD...

it's not just drugs people... were all addicts in some way. let's stop esteeming ourselves so damn high...

it's actually SAD.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mosheim famous for Gang leader? 14 min Old Guy 3
The King of Kings 1 hr Trump is my Hero 10
Tommy Nelson escaped from jail, anyone know any... 1 hr Willia 74
This is how we make Murica great! 1 hr Trump is my Hero 1
Stevey brotherton 1 hr Willia 15
Teen has a temper tantrum!!!! 2 hr Resident 1
Unemployment 3 hr huckin fillbilly 116

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance