walmart strike this week

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of54
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
irz

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Nov 21, 2012
 
mommy wrote:
<quoted text>what is joy in being taxed to death and robbing peter to pay paul. Life isn't just about happiness anymore. Everything is expensive thanksgiving is gonna cost a lot. Of money and not to metion kids are not satisfied with cheap gifts anymore. Money money money that is what the world revolves around anymore. Its just plain stressfull. When you grow up and pay the bills the joy becomes less and less important. I know it isn't the way its supposed to be but the holidays is so stressfull for average people just getting by!
no joy like i said.youhave legs don't you?
FriendOfWELFARE

Gallatin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Nov 21, 2012
 
no work fire em all. the dems will take care of em. free freee freeeee
mommy

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Nov 21, 2012
 
I give to my kids my family all year! I don't need a special day for so called "joy" just another day like I said. Only its more stress and more expensive. I'm around my family all year and I don't need another day to remind me how special they are or what they mean to me. My family is my world always. I'm thankful for everything I have.the joy of giving should count all year. No they want you to rampage the wally world so they can make millions of of your hard earned money. And you say "joy" it sure is for wal-mart corp. They made billions of dollars out of american "joy". So I ask you what is joy to you my friend?
irz

Concord, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Nov 21, 2012
 
mommy wrote:
I give to my kids my family all year! I don't need a special day for so called "joy" just another day like I said. Only its more stress and more expensive. I'm around my family all year and I don't need another day to remind me how special they are or what they mean to me. My family is my world always. I'm thankful for everything I have.the joy of giving should count all year. No they want you to rampage the wally world so they can make millions of of your hard earned money. And you say "joy" it sure is for wal-mart corp. They made billions of dollars out of american "joy". So I ask you what is joy to you my friend?
Your joy is overwhelming.
irz

Concord, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Nov 21, 2012
 
Joy comes from God.
mommy

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Nov 21, 2012
 
irz wrote:
Joy comes from God.
my faith in god brings me happiness and joy all year,but the consumers want you to spend all your hard earned money. That's not joy that is ridiculous. I did not ask you what brings you joy I asked what is joy to you my friend.
DEMOCRALYPSE

Mooresboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Nov 21, 2012
 
mommy wrote:
<quoted text>my faith in god brings me happiness and joy all year,but the consumers want you to spend all your hard earned money. That's not joy that is ridiculous. I did not ask you what brings you joy I asked what is joy to you my friend.
Don't participate.
annoyed

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Nov 21, 2012
 
I work there and personally I'm glad I work on thanksgiving and black Friday. People can trade their time if they want but id rather suck it up and work to get extra cash to give my child a little extra on christmas. Plus people can cry about the employees but as soon as they run out of something and need to go to walmart to get it, they change their tune. Worry about the homeless instead of the people with jobs....
FriendOfPig

Gallatin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Nov 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Rich republicans fault.
theangryguy

Athens, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Nov 22, 2012
 
True wrote:
Black Friday is the biggest sales day of the year, so retailers must take advantage. I can see both sides of the coin, but if employees don't like it, find a non-retail job. I hope they fire workers that strike on the spot.
I think this so called black Friday needs to be banned! Too many idiots out here think their getting deals and hurting people to get them! It's so stupid, you folks aren't getting deals, if you knew what these stores paid for these items, you would understand. I'd rather pay regular price than be stomped to death for what we thing is cheaper! Too many dumbasses!!
whothehellcares

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Nov 22, 2012
 
theangryguy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think this so called black Friday needs to be banned! Too many idiots out here think their getting deals and hurting people to get them! It's so stupid, you folks aren't getting deals, if you knew what these stores paid for these items, you would understand. I'd rather pay regular price than be stomped to death for what we thing is cheaper! Too many dumbasses!!
At the store where I work most of the sale items are sold below cost... for the first couple hours we have a negative margin, as the day wears on and we rub out of the sale items we start making money...
Hmm

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Nov 22, 2012
 
theangryguy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think this so called black Friday needs to be banned! Too many idiots out here think their getting deals and hurting people to get them! It's so stupid, you folks aren't getting deals, if you knew what these stores paid for these items, you would understand. I'd rather pay regular price than be stomped to death for what we thing is cheaper! Too many dumbasses!!
Welcome back to life. Some were worried that you were dead on another topic. See, you do have friends. Happy Thanksgiving!
GreeneNative

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Nov 22, 2012
 
theangryguy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think this so called black Friday needs to be banned! Too many idiots out here think their getting deals and hurting people to get them! It's so stupid, you folks aren't getting deals, if you knew what these stores paid for these items, you would understand. I'd rather pay regular price than be stomped to death for what we thing is cheaper! Too many dumbasses!!
Hey man who woke you up? It's about time you took a break from the methadone clinic and join us. Lay it on us brother!
Serendipity

Gate City, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Nov 22, 2012
 
just me wrote:
<quoted text>well guess what its not just walmart and kmart etc. that has to work holidays i work most holidays to, including christmas! and so do hospital workers resturant and a lot of us we just suck it up and go to work
If you work in healthcare, well, that's obviously different. However, you'll live without your beer and cigarettes for one day. Btw, you don't seem very thankful for anything. How sad....
Whatever

Gate City, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Nov 22, 2012
 
True wrote:
Black Friday is the biggest sales day of the year, so retailers must take advantage. I can see both sides of the coin, but if employees don't like it, find a non-retail job. I hope they fire workers that strike on the spot.
The love of money is the root of all evil, which is why our country is going to hell. Are you one of those people who are always fussing about all the people on welfare and food stamps and Medicaid? Well, guess what 6.5 million wal-mart workers rely on these benefits simply because of the evil greed of their business practices.
Whatever

Gate City, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Nov 22, 2012
 
Get over it wrote:
How about all the medical workers who don't get the holidays off? And furthermore, how about all the military men and women who are overseas and away from their families???? Get over having to lose a couple hours with your family and be thankful that you get to spend time with them at all!
You are actually comparing saving lives and the protection of our great country with selling cheap Chinese crap? What an INSULT to our servicemen and women and our healthcare workers! Their jobs are essential! Get a freaking clue!
Whatever

Gate City, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Nov 22, 2012
 
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you really believe that if those union guys would have worked for $15 per hour instead of $25 per hour those companies wouldn't have moved those jobs oveseas where they only have to pay about $1 PER DAY?
Exactly!!!!!! And if Papa John's could outsource pizza making to China, you know they would, and call it Papa Sans!(Lol! Yeah, I stole that!)
Read about it

Gate City, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Nov 22, 2012
 
FriendOfWELFARE wrote:
no work fire em all. the dems will take care of em. free freee freeeee
Are you really that clueless????? There are 6.5 million wal- mart workers currently receiving food stamps, Medicaid, and welfare. I was shocked to learn no one I talked to at work knew the family health plan was 650.00 a month. I started asking how could they not know this!? Well, most either cant afford this payment on 8.00/hr so they either go without or rely on Medicaid. Many get food stamps as well ( even the married ones). Today I'm gonna say I truly feel thankful I make more than minimum wage and have a husband that his job provides (still expensive!) but affordable insurance. People, be thankful for your blessings, AND help those who are less fortunate (for whatever reason).
whothehellcares

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Nov 22, 2012
 
Walmart employees only 2.1 million people...

“Read all about it!”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Nov 23, 2012
 
Holy crap... THe Wal-Mart shift is 8 hours.. not 24 hours. My daughter worked Wal-Mart for several years.. she worked and we still managed to have a family meal....If you dont' want to work at Wal-Mart DON'T. If you don't want to shop at Wal-Mart DON'T. If you dont' want to shop at Wal-Mart on Black Friday, sit your happy ass at home, but quit trying to run the show for everyone else!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of54
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

139 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
How can we recruit some nice ladies here? 3 min _Word Woman_ 328
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 6 min Julia 124,360
What is most annoying about the trolls? 7 min cretin56 6
Why are so many posts disappearing? 26 min Desperate on Dogwood 31
Nolichucky River & USN 33 min Gunslinger 43
David Weems wants respect 50 min Operator 14
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr cashew 8,470
Cheating 3 hr David 39
Greene County Clerk Race 4 hr Crazy 139
wreck 107 10 hr Lol 30
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••