First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just sayin

Johnson City, TN

#1 Jun 24, 2014
Seriously? How can one get into a game when every 30 seconds someone is falling to the ground writhing in pain (so it seems) so much so that one expects to see a bone protruding through the skin only to learn through replay that an opposing player brushed up against them. What a bunch of little b%#ches! No wonder it hasn't picked up popularity in the states until recent years due to the pussification of the US.
noreally

Friendsville, TN

#3 Jun 24, 2014
I'm trying really hard to stay away from that soccer frenzy that is going on right now,but I love to watch all sports on tv. I am just afraid I will get "into" the USA soccer match and throw something at the tv! Go USA!
soccer fan

United States

#5 Jun 24, 2014
Nothing like a good game of soccer. It is rougher than it looks. Have seen noses bloody and bones broke and there are even concussions.. And that's just the fans..jk
I have seen plenty players hurt. Great game.. Let's go USA
noreally

Friendsville, TN

#6 Jun 24, 2014
_Word Woman_ wrote:
Watch this...some say he died...some say he didn't...what do you think?!? Regardless, it's crazy...
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
He lives to play another game! Nerve damage behind the ear...yada yada
just sayin

United States

#7 Jun 25, 2014
No doubt, it is a tough sport. The US, Germany, and England off the top of my head play like men. Italy, Mexico, and Brazil to name a few play like little biotches - I'd be ashamed to flop down on the ground like a spoiled child every time someone touched me in an attempt to draw a penalty. I actually think its an enjoyable sport to watch when they play like men.

Since: Mar 14

Johnson City, TN

#8 Jun 25, 2014
just sayin wrote:
No doubt, it is a tough sport. The US, Germany, and England off the top of my head play like men. Italy, Mexico, and Brazil to name a few play like little biotches - I'd be ashamed to flop down on the ground like a spoiled child every time someone touched me in an attempt to draw a penalty. I actually think its an enjoyable sport to watch when they play like men.
obviously you have never played soccer , who's the biotch here :)!! Haha
Soccer Doctor

Nashville, TN

#10 Jun 25, 2014
She is an expert in soccer & calling others dramatic in the previous post. This is an example of a person who had too many hits to the head.
joker

Johnson City, TN

#13 Jun 25, 2014
Little miss thang wrote:
<quoted text> obviously you have never played soccer , who's the biotch here :)!! Haha
. You got me...never played soccer. I prefer full contact sports where men don't flop around like little biotches. Seeing how you seem to have taken offense, you must be one of these little biotches that roll around on the ground like a 3 year old having a tantrum
David

Elizabethton, TN

#16 Jun 25, 2014
Soccer is for Nerds and wannabe athletes.

“The beard faded...”

Since: May 14

to 62 shades of gray

#18 Jun 25, 2014
David wrote:
Soccer is for Nerds and wannabe athletes.
I'm going to guess you sucked at dodge-ball......too.

Soccer is equal to hockey in my book.

So, tell us about your athletic accomplishments.

wannabe huh? LOL
noreally

Friendsville, TN

#20 Jun 25, 2014
Soccer Doctor wrote:
She is an expert in soccer & calling others dramatic in the previous post. This is an example of a person who had too many hits to the head.
This was a good thread until one of you buttholes decided simply because Word Woman had her name on it to pounce. Go the heck away if you have nothing to add to the topic that could be identified as semi intelligent. You trolls are a bunch of dog squeeze and ruin everything. She was having a great discussion with us and you buttholes decided to start your crap. I for one am sick of it so go to help. Go back on your stupid forum and leave this one alone.
noreally

Friendsville, TN

#22 Jun 25, 2014
_Word Woman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
We're still having a great conversation...the butthole has basically been reduced to playing with its proxy server & judging my (and its own) comments...lol
Well I guess playing with its proxy server is more stimulating than playing with one's self! Hopefully it will stop being so judging of a serious discussion and be welcome to join in.
Field Leveler Alert

Clover, SC

#23 Jun 25, 2014
noreally wrote:
<quoted text> Well I guess playing with its proxy server is more stimulating than playing with one's self! Hopefully it will stop being so judging of a serious discussion and be welcome to join in.
( Obviously a WW field leveler.)

“The beard faded...”

to 62 shades of gray

#26 Jun 25, 2014
_Word Woman_ wrote:
So, back to the topic of discussion...a player got bitten during a match yesterday... WTF...I thought that only happened in boxing?!? lol
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/06/25/sports/w...
OUCH!

Could have been worse, at least he didn't lose any digits.

:^`D

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#29 Jun 25, 2014
_Word Woman_ wrote:
LOL...speaking of getting bitten :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =C23hJ7rDW50XX&feature=you tube_gdata_player
Yeah, that guy has been fined for the same infraction before. Dirty dog. He ought to get in to boxing instead.

Location hidden

#31 Jun 25, 2014
Watching paint dry is more interesting than watching soccer. My opinion of course. :o)

“I've Always Been This Stupid”

Since: May 12

Greeneville TN

#33 Jun 26, 2014
The physical stamina that it takes to play soccer trumps any sport. There may be more physical contact in football but that doesn't mean the contact in soccer is any less physical. Ask Clint Dempsey how his nose felt after the Ghana match. There are some countries that flop more than others. And certain players too. Renaldo is one of the worst. The flip he did against the United States was one of the more laughable I've seen in the World Cup. I enjoy soccer and have utmost respect for the players. I've seen less celebration after a goal in soccer than after a sack in the nfl so I don't get the whole argument about soccer being all for show. Anyway, let's hope for at least a tie today but a win would be great.

Oh, and this would be a serious comment from me.
Really

Johnson City, TN

#35 Jun 26, 2014
_Word Woman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I played soccer for years...it's far more brutal than you might think.
It is was so "brutal", why did you play? Are you now a victim?
Really

Johnson City, TN

#37 Jun 26, 2014
_Word Woman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I loved playing!!! Give it a rest with the nonsense...
Then stop whining and complaining.

Location hidden

#39 Jun 26, 2014
Pretend 2 B Normal wrote:
The physical stamina that it takes to play soccer trumps any sport. There may be more physical contact in football but that doesn't mean the contact in soccer is any less physical. Ask Clint Dempsey how his nose felt after the Ghana match. There are some countries that flop more than others. And certain players too. Renaldo is one of the worst. The flip he did against the United States was one of the more laughable I've seen in the World Cup. I enjoy soccer and have utmost respect for the players. I've seen less celebration after a goal in soccer than after a sack in the nfl so I don't get the whole argument about soccer being all for show. Anyway, let's hope for at least a tie today but a win would be great.
Oh, and this would be a serious comment from me.
I agree that soccer is one of the most physical sports. The reason I am not fond of it is because the players spend most of the time running back and forth on the field with little or no action at the goal. I have tried to watch it and enjoy it, but it puts me to sleep. I am glad the USA is doing well, even though their coach didn't expect them to get past the first game.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kristopher Long 2 hr Wondering 1
David and Sherry Martin..... (Aug '11) 2 hr Wondering 38
Park Overall 6 hr Max Planck 13
Breaking news!! 7 hr Max Planck 39
Menendez & Max 7 hr Max Planck 58
KOHLRABI needs your Prayers 7 hr Max Planck 17
the jones murder in baileyton in the 90's (Sep '10) 7 hr Yes 26
Nolachuckey Teacher Fired? 11 hr Take out the trash 32
God is destroying America 15 hr weber 79

Greeneville Jobs