Prayers and thoughts

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Are the people in horse creek getting the help they need? I've heard a lot about Camp Creek, but not Horse Creek. How are things there? Prayers and thoughts to all of you.
The second touchdown occurred at 11:03pm in the Horse Creek area.
That tornado was rated F-3 with maximum winds speeds of 150 miles per hour.
been there

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

Was just in the Horse Creek area a couple of hours ago. It is terrible! We delivered food & water to relatives there. Not very much help going on up there. They need help! The devastation is just as bad there as it is in Camp Creek. Mobile homes turned completely upside down, brick homes destroyed, cars everywhere!! Please remember these people in your thoughts and prayers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you to the GLP and all the other units that have come in to assist. Power has been restored to some areas.
Carolyn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

They need MAJOR help! Where is the so called Leaders of our county!Their Leadership is desperatly needed!Mayor?Commissioners?She rriff?someone who can lead.Please call and tell them,organized help is needed!We have not been told how bad this really is in these areas,our friends and neighbors are in terrible need of help!Please make a phone call to one of our so called leaders!
insaneclown

Abingdon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

my mow was in a brick that got hit hard there,the house was distroyed and completely tore up the ole place.it was just past where peeble mountain campground was.everyone in the house made it pretty good.she has a fractured jaw and beat up pretty bad.her ole man has a huge black eye and he has been beat up to but everyone lived,there are houses gone and I even seen where a moble home was and it is gone with the foundation and the footers,yes I said even the footers are gone,no one knows where either.f3 tornados are brutal.I will post a picture of the house she was in.
Carolyn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

insaneclown wrote:
my mow was in a brick that got hit hard there,the house was distroyed and completely tore up the ole place.it was just past where peeble mountain campground was.everyone in the house made it pretty good.she has a fractured jaw and beat up pretty bad.her ole man has a huge black eye and he has been beat up to but everyone lived,there are houses gone and I even seen where a moble home was and it is gone with the foundation and the footers,yes I said even the footers are gone,no one knows where either.f3 tornados are brutal.I will post a picture of the house she was in.
Sorry,hate it for all involved.I can't imagine what it was like to be in the tornado,it must have been horrifying.
live in horsecreek

Belmont, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

Judged:

Its true horsecreek was hit hard to and I've seen some people out helping but not many, everyone seems to be in the campcreek area. Does people not realize we were hit with a F3 tornado or does this area not matter?
sad citizen

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

Judged:

I would love to come out to horse creek and help, but when I tried they wouldn't let me through because I don't live there. ALso, at the command center at the valero, the red cross said they didn't need me either... I just wanted to help whoever needed it but couldn't. It's really rediculous!
Anonymous

Franklin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

live in horsecreek wrote:
Its true horsecreek was hit hard to and I've seen some people out helping but not many, everyone seems to be in the campcreek area. Does people not realize we were hit with a F3 tornado or does this area not matter?
Hey where do you live at in Horse Creek? I live at 605 Dunham Rd., right across from Morgan Branch, and I understand what your saying.. When it first happened and became daylight and Police and everyone was up there, they we're saying a Tornado didn't happen.. Then the news didn't even mention Horse Creek for 2 days.. I just dont understand why the news didn't start covering it til now.. I also don't understand how someone can steal peoples stuff that already lost their whole dang house, how can someone do that and live with theirselves..
Want to help

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

I live in Horse Creek and I want to make a food and etc donation. Where can I do this??
Sparrow

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

Judged:

sad citizen wrote:
I would love to come out to horse creek and help, but when I tried they wouldn't let me through because I don't live there. ALso, at the command center at the valero, the red cross said they didn't need me either... I just wanted to help whoever needed it but couldn't. It's really rediculous!
Same here went out there with intention of helping had myself outfitted with the equipment to help but was turned away nobody had a clue. but they sure had enough officer guarding the roads. horsecreek and camp creek should be ok if the al qaeda or the taliban attacks it
prayers

Denver, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

You have to have a name of who you are helping and address along with your I'd. To get thru. It is sad I have thought the sake thing does horse creek not exist. if there is a way to get names and addresses out of people that needs help
valley girl

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

prayers wrote:
You have to have a name of who you are helping and address along with your I'd. To get thru. It is sad I have thought the sake thing does horse creek not exist. if there is a way to get names and addresses out of people that needs help
My husband and I tried to come to Horsecreek area to offer any assistance possible today and were told we weren't allowed unless we lived there. Just know help is being offered from all over the surrounding communities but we are being turned away. Please know you guys are in our prayers and we will help when it is allowed. Does anyone know how the Pebble mountian camp ground is? I love camping there!
Mountain Man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

If you drive out to south central and turn on the road right beside the bp that's beside the school you can get in that way they don't have it blocked from Washington county
East tn

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

According to previous poster who lives close,it was it very hard,so sorry!
East tn

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

valley girl wrote:
<quoted text>My husband and I tried to come to Horsecreek area to offer any assistance possible today and were told we weren't allowed unless we lived there. Just know help is being offered from all over the surrounding communities but we are being turned away. Please know you guys are in our prayers and we will help when it is allowed. Does anyone know how the Pebble mountian camp ground is? I love camping there!
sorry,it was hit very hard.
nohelp

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

They do now. Cause us poor people live in horsecreek they don't care about us
johnny cash

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

F-3 in horsecreek f-2 in campcreek but camp creek gets all the help
johnny cash

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

Next to county line in horsecreek and pebble looks like you put houses in a woodchipper
phillips

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

i live in horse creek and we got turned away at the food trailer in camp creek cause we live in horse creek.
East tn

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

phillips wrote:
i live in horse creek and we got turned away at the food trailer in camp creek cause we live in horse creek.
,,Really!did you get a name?the person on the red cross thread says,he/she has been out to horse creek for three days and ppl said they didn't need anything.this is so sad!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of115
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

89 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
REPUBLICANS meets with rich people to talk abou... 7 min Rich citizens united 4
Greene County Mayor's Race 8 min Really 103
JESUS didn't die on the cross for RICH TAX BRE... 9 min Bleeding side 4
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 9 min Overtaxed 123,994
A Great Big Fck You 12 min David 274
I love this forum because?????? 20 min local resident 245
What u do if ur bout to past out while driving? 21 min DUI 3
•••
•••
•••
Greeneville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••