|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

hunting sucks wrote:
<quoted text>hunting in any form sucks! why would any body want to be out in the cold butt crack early just sitting waiting for some poor defenseless animal to come walking threw? just plain stupid
Ya, they are too sorry to put out a garden and some of these hunters are "disabled" but they ride up and down the roads trying to find game to shoot from the road. They kill coon and bear when they don't even use the meat.They congregate at that sportsman lodge and brag about killing the defensless animal like they have really done something. I think every one of them should be sent to Iraq/war if they like to kill so much.Maybe they would feel like a "real' man if they wiped out the enemy.What pleasure do they feel in shooting a coon who is in the tree covering his eyes or a mama bear protecting her babies?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

sawyou wrote:
<quoted text>Ya, they are too sorry to put out a garden and some of these hunters are "disabled" but they ride up and down the roads trying to find game to shoot from the road. They kill coon and bear when they don't even use the meat.They congregate at that sportsman lodge and brag about killing the defensless animal like they have really done something. I think every one of them should be sent to Iraq/war if they like to kill so much.Maybe they would feel like a "real' man if they wiped out the enemy.What pleasure do they feel in shooting a coon who is in the tree covering his eyes or a mama bear protecting her babies?
But a garden is WORK, and in war , the target is shooting back. Most of these "men" aren't mentally equipped for such nonsense.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Seymour wrote:
Most hunters enjoy the sport knowing that hunting keeps animal population under control and in many areas prevents the animals from overpopulation and starvation. If you don't eat meat of any kind you have more right to question hunting. Most people who question don't have a problem with animals being raised specifically for slaughter to put meat on the table.
There are rules and regulations hunters must follow as to the season, area, and number allowed. Good sportsmen go by the rules and make use of the meat to feed their family and others.
If you Luke Whippers and McRibs don't judge the good sportsmen out here. Animals have been killed for food since the beginning of time.
Darn! Looks like the white man with the repeating rifles got here in the nick of time. Sounds like the Native Americans were about to be overcome by advancing deer & woodchuck populations. But seriously, the NEED to hunt just does not exist in the 21st century. It's 2013, not 1869.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

deer hunter wrote:
<quoted text>what! are you crazy everybody likes to hunt and most people love the meat from the animals you must be a PETA supporter! maybe you should try it some time that is if you can get your richeous head out of your butt
No, homeslice, not everybody likes to hunt. And personally, I neither support PETA nor gun control laws. But as I said before, this is 2013, not 1869. The NEED to hunt no longer exists. By the way, you should not have skipped school to go hunting. I'm just sayin'.
march

La Follette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Shoot the sand people
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Sigfreud wrote:
<quoted text>
No, homeslice, not everybody likes to hunt. And personally, I neither support PETA nor gun control laws. But as I said before, this is 2013, not 1869. The NEED to hunt no longer exists. By the way, you should not have skipped school to go hunting. I'm just sayin'.
Do you support learning History? Perhaps you should take a look at why the Founding Fathers included weapons in the "Bill of Rights", not just firearms, but all armaments. Did you know that England's attempt to disarm the Colonies was another of the reasons for the Revolution?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Sigfreud wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you thought about the farmers that need to control critters that eat up their crops?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Marth571 wrote:
<quoted text>Have you thought about the farmers that need to control critters that eat up their crops?
Uhh, I believe the discussion concerned hunting. There is a difference.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Sigfreud wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear what you say but you also said "The NEED to hunt no longer exists". I say it does and some reasons are to control over population and the wildlife eating up farmers crops.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Sigfreud wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you separate "hunting" and "Gun Control"? Some would include pest control in with hunting because it is killing tiny furry little animals and might cause "Furry Vengence", with perhaps some fowl allies.

Let us consider something. If people are not allowed to hunt, that means they must purchase their meat from a grocery store. We have no control over what chemicals go into the meat we eat, but wild game have most likely had a natural diet, where cultivated meat could well have been fed on GMO's, injected with steroids, vaccinated with various chemicals used for preservatives, and of course injected with water containing toxic by-products of aluminum production {Fluoride and Chlorine}.

If we are not "allowed" to hunt {allowance tends to negate the concept of a "right" doesn't it?} except for certain times, then we are forced into the mainstream mold of economic imprisonment. Those who would have us believe there is no longer a need to hunt are probably unwitting allies to those who would enslave us, but is it reasonable to think that all are so witless?

So, Sigfreud, which group would you choose? Free man or Slave? Up to this point, your choices have been obvious, but the fortunate thing about people is that they can re-think and change their minds.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Marth571 wrote:
<quoted text>I hear what you say but you also said "The NEED to hunt no longer exists". I say it does and some reasons are to control over population and the wildlife eating up farmers crops.
The need to cull in some areas may exist. But you people that push and believe the overpopulation thing...you make it sound like the animals are going to overrun humanity. Really, nature will balance itself. Hunting for meat is just not necessary in these modern times.

This is not the jungle or the frontier.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you separate "hunting" and "Gun Control"? Some would include pest control in with hunting because it is killing tiny furry little animals and might cause "Furry Vengence", with perhaps some fowl allies.
Let us consider something. If people are not allowed to hunt, that means they must purchase their meat from a grocery store. We have no control over what chemicals go into the meat we eat, but wild game have most likely had a natural diet, where cultivated meat could well have been fed on GMO's, injected with steroids, vaccinated with various chemicals used for preservatives, and of course injected with water containing toxic by-products of aluminum production {Fluoride and Chlorine}.
If we are not "allowed" to hunt {allowance tends to negate the concept of a "right" doesn't it?} except for certain times, then we are forced into the mainstream mold of economic imprisonment. Those who would have us believe there is no longer a need to hunt are probably unwitting allies to those who would enslave us, but is it reasonable to think that all are so witless?
So, Sigfreud, which group would you choose? Free man or Slave? Up to this point, your choices have been obvious, but the fortunate thing about people is that they can re-think and change their minds.
I separate hunting and gun control very easily. Hunting occurred without guns for thousands of years and continues today, that's how. As far as chemicals go in the store-bought meat, don't you think that wild game take up chemicals from fertilizers and pesticides and illegal dumping? Well, they do. And then there's tick-borne illness, parasite infestation such as bots, trichinosis, and tularemia. Don't want to consume any of that.

Personally, I buy certified organic meats as well as vegetables and fruits. And I wholly support gun ownership, no matter what kind of gun. So, I have made an educated choice in my foods and I keep and will bear arms if necessary. Yep, after taking a closer look, I am truly a free person.
Goober

Hungary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

y'all must be city slickers
BentFender

North Augusta, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Sigfreud wrote:
<quoted text>
The need to cull in some areas may exist. But you people that push and believe the overpopulation thing...you make it sound like the animals are going to overrun humanity. Really, nature will balance itself. Hunting for meat is just not necessary in these modern times.
Overpopulation is already a problem. A deer crashed into my car and caused over two thousand dollars in damages. Do you think I should be able to sue the state since they claim they own the deer? I was on a private road not a state road.
Real Deal

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

BentFender wrote:
<quoted text>Overpopulation is already a problem. A deer crashed into my car and caused over two thousand dollars in damages. Do you think I should be able to sue the state since they claim they own the deer? I was on a private road not a state road.
Sue the surviving members of the deeds family. Make 'em pay!
Cannon County Mama

Mcminnville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Interesting how all the non-hunters are so vocal. How much do you support wildlife resources? Hunters do so every time they buy a license or ammunition, and guns. No, I do not hunt, but I do support the right to hunt. And most of the ones who post about not hunting do eat meat. Something had to die for you to do that.
sawyou

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Sigfreud wrote:
<quoted text>
I use to see around 7 deer in one field but now am lucky if I see one.These hunters feel that the road next to their lodge is open to them even if the land is private.I also use to have a visit from bear but have not seen them in a while.
is season not over today?This one guy is still riding up and down the road then parking.He said he hurt his back at work so how can he pull a deer from the field and how is he able to ride up and down the road all day and night?
Adam

Concord, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

sawyou wrote:
<quoted text>I use to see around 7 deer in one field but now am lucky if I see one.These hunters feel that the road next to their lodge is open to them even if the land is private.I also use to have a visit from bear but have not seen them in a while.
is season not over today?This one guy is still riding up and down the road then parking.He said he hurt his back at work so how can he pull a deer from the field and how is he able to ride up and down the road all day and night?
Sounds like u need to call TWRA!
?

Smithville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

?
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Sigfreud wrote:
Personally, I buy certified organic meats as well as vegetables and fruits. And I wholly support gun ownership, no matter what kind of gun. So, I have made an educated choice in my foods and I keep and will bear arms if necessary. Yep, after taking a closer look, I am truly a free person.
Sigfreud wrote:
Hunting should be banned. people no longer have to kill animals to survive.
This was from post #8373

Typically those who oppose hunting rights are also opposed to the 2nd Amendment. I didn't see where you made your position on gun ownership clear, only your opposition to hunting. I shall endeavor to read more closely, and carefully in the future.

As for myself, the only hunting I do is with a camera, but should the need arise I am fully prepared to hunt to feed my family.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,541 - 7,560 of8,588
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

135 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
How do "Normal" families make it 3 min From Jenny xoxo 2
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 11 min ORIGINAL WILLARD 138,485
Greeneville Post Office 15 min going postal 8
Llike BUSH did any better GOP 40 min Were U better off 5
JEB BUSH grew up Latino wet nurse 41 min Daddy too 6
1 Blessing From God 42 min cretin56 10
FAMILIES that vote REPUBLICAN never get ahead 43 min Rich do 7
suicide on viking mountain 1 hr mandowie 6
My favorite Greeneville Topix poster is 4 hr Trim BUSH 811
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs