Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Where did Mr. Lanza get the weapons? His mother, a law abiding citizen and legally licensed to carry, owned the firearms and he essentially stole them from her to commit this crime.

Wasn't he under psychiatric care, and in an earlier decade, wouldn't he have been institutionalized? Maybe he was off his meds or something.

Soon this whole argument will be an exercise in futility if a certain treaty is signed. Treaty law trumps Constitution every time, thanks to governmental treason.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Done my homework wrote:
Where did Mr. Lanza get the weapons? His mother, a law abiding citizen and legally licensed to carry, owned the firearms and he essentially stole them from her to commit this crime.
Wasn't he under psychiatric care, and in an earlier decade, wouldn't he have been institutionalized? Maybe he was off his meds or something.
Soon this whole argument will be an exercise in futility if a certain treaty is signed. Treaty law trumps Constitution every time, thanks to governmental treason.
None of that information about the Shooter or his Mother has been confirmed, as of this Morning!
Sloane

Scituate, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Next time Dresden resident and puppy killer Preston Odle goes hunting (and Levi Evans), make sure to aim sharp at these evil sons of a bitches.

Society doesn't need puppy killers.
The real ummmmmmm

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

I was a puppy killer in grade school.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
None of that information about the Shooter or his Mother has been confirmed, as of this Morning!
Considering the publications you generally quote from, I'm not surprised, but I'm guessing you're citing my questions rather than my statements.

However, take the information that is confirmed and then try to convince me that Adam Lanza is typical of the general population of the US in temperament and/or mental health. There do seem to be some that feel that the "common" people are thugs, criminals, and vicious animals barely held in check by social convention and the legal system, hence they need to have their tools of self-protection removed.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

Skinny Albert wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess technically you are right, he hasn't been tried and convicted of any crimes. All the more reason we need to make being crazy a crime. It would be easier to control nuts than it would be to control guns.
There was a time when there were institutions for the care of those who were unsafe for the general population. Back then it was no big deal for teens to bring shotguns, rifles, and even handguns to school. Funny thing is that none of the students went "postal" and started shooting everything in sight back then. You might also consider Switzerland where one out of every two people own a firearm, and check to see what their crime rate is. Is there a direct causal relationship here? Could be.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

If we insist on taking firearms out of the hands of law-abiding citizens, we only make them targets for criminals. To then say that no one has the right to "take the law into their own hands" is either incredibly ignorant of how this country was designed to function, or is the product of the government school system, as the just power of government and all its branches comes from and originates with us {read the Declaration of Independence}.

What good does it do to take our fear and loathing for criminals and their actions out on law-abiding citizens? It does no good at all, but law-abiding citizens are less likely to retaliate with lethal force than a criminal, therefore they make a safer target {isn't that called bullying?}. With this general mindset in place, reinforced by cowardice and fear, it would be a simple matter for any government to wage a "friendly" war of attrition against their own populace and bring them more completely under subjection and subservience to the governmental authority structure.

What good it does might be a matter of perspective. Think about it.
BC Alien

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

A man is seeking to join the Camden Police force. The Sergeant doing the interview says: "Your qualifications all look good, but there is an attitude suitability test you must take before you can be accepted." Then, sliding a pistol and a box of ammo across the desk, he says: "Take this pistol and go out and shoot six illegal immigrants, six drug dealers, six Muslim extremists, and a rabbit" The man being interviewed asks, "Why the rabbit?" "Great attitude," says the Sergeant. "When can you start?"
BC Alien

Hawkins, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

I'm such a gay fruit cake.
BC Alien

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

Spent a couple of hours defrosting the fridge last night. Or "foreplay" as the gay fruit cake aping BC Alien likes to call it.
Fluck TWRA

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

Kill animals without a license..its your constitutional right.
BBrebosa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

Why can nuts go buy assault rifles at the Wilson County Fair Grounds Gun Show. George Puckett, a certified crazy, had 30 guns taken by the WCSD. Gun Judge Hamilton gives them back. Old George shoots him self in the head, just a flesh wound and gets locked up in crazy house. He gets out and goes and buys more guns at Gun Show. Be careful out on Vesta Road. What is even crazier than George, TN gave him a gun carry permit even though he had been in the mental hospital.
BC Alien

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

BBrebosa wrote:
Why can nuts go buy assault rifles at the Wilson County Fair Grounds Gun Show. George Puckett, a certified crazy, had 30 guns taken by the WCSD. Gun Judge Hamilton gives them back. Old George shoots him self in the head, just a flesh wound and gets locked up in crazy house. He gets out and goes and buys more guns at Gun Show. Be careful out on Vesta Road. What is even crazier than George, TN gave him a gun carry permit even though he had been in the mental hospital.
If theres any truth to this, you should see if the local tv stations wants to do a W TF broadcast. Might save ole crazy anyway.
Leroy Brown

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

This thread is unbelievable. The last 100 plus comments have not said one word that has anything to do with the TN.Hunting Rights Amendents. And these people vote. Is there anyone on here that would want to share the woods with a NUT with a gun with that kind of attention span? I agree with most of the pro gun commenters. I own several guns myself. I also agree with most of the commenters concerning the Conn. school shooting, but these are two different subjects. Before someone tells me that if I don't like what I see on this site,. don't read it, I went on this site to review any law changes in Tn.Hunting laws. Read many,many, intellegent comments the first few pages than it turned to SH%#. Some of you need to back up and start over and if you ever go hunting with a high powered gun, tell yourself over and over what your there for. Otherwise you will be shooting cows,dogs or shaking brush and hoping for the best. Hell you may even end up on the lake shooting fish.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Leroy Brown wrote:
This thread is unbelievable. The last 100 plus comments have not said one word that has anything to do with the TN.Hunting Rights Amendents.
Can rights be legislated? If there's a difference between rights and privileges, then the answer must be no by default. I think most thinking people would agree that no right is absolute, but where the government is concerned no right is violable.

Do we have the right to "hunt"? We have the right to feed ourselves and our families, and in this context we have the right to hunt and/or garden when this right does not violate the rights of others {property rights}. When the government "confirms" this {or any other} right, it is actually taking control of that right in the minds of the population so that it can either remove it or make it mandatory later {this concept goes far beyond feeding the family, hunting, or other issues under attack today}. As a result, this discussion has grown into the larger context, with children and trolls attempting to distract from the central issues at hand.
Leroy Brown wrote:
And these people vote. Is there anyone on here that would want to share the woods with a NUT with a gun with that kind of attention span? I agree with most of the pro gun commenters. I own several guns myself. I also agree with most of the commenters concerning the Conn. school shooting, but these are two different subjects. Before someone tells me that if I don't like what I see on this site,. don't read it, I went on this site to review any law changes in Tn.Hunting laws. Read many,many, intellegent comments the first few pages than it turned to SH%#. Some of you need to back up and start over and if you ever go hunting with a high powered gun, tell yourself over and over what your there for. Otherwise you will be shooting cows,dogs or shaking brush and hoping for the best. Hell you may even end up on the lake shooting fish.
If you disagree that means you have a point of view that needs to be expressed. Those who would tell you to read elsewhere and not participate are probably just children {yeah, there are quite a few on here}, but some of us like a lively engagement.
munum

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

youtube.com/watch...
squatter Rights available
cornbread

Livingston, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Love the Animals wrote:
According to state officials, the fiscal impact of the proposed amendment is a one-time increase of $20,000 in local expenditures in FY 2010-11. The cost covers a one-time publication cost for local governments in fall 2010 for each county election commission to print the text of the amendment in a newspaper. Officials based the estimate on recent election publications
Just hog wash too cost the taxpayers more and confuse hunting laws more bureaucratic red tape it seems to be a bill that would allow animal populations destroyed to get more hunting licenses sold and children interested in guns, hunting and killing.
I will Vote NO! Too help save the animals for future generations to see and enjoy their Beauty and love!
Teach your children to love see the beauty of the animals not kill them.
I love them to, with cornbread and taters.
Cannon County Mama

Mcminnville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

I wonder how many people who post anti hunting statements on here eat chicken, pork, beef, fish, lamb, etc. They are animals too and are probably raised for your dining enjoyment in a pen, never free, and under much less than ideal conditions. If hunters did not contribute to animal conservation, there would be widespread disease due to over population. For the record, I do not hunt, but I feel that those who enjoy this should be allowed to do so without all the negative comments.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

Cannon County Mama wrote:
I wonder how many people who post anti hunting statements on here eat chicken, pork, beef, fish, lamb, etc. They are animals too and are probably raised for your dining enjoyment in a pen, never free, and under much less than ideal conditions. If hunters did not contribute to animal conservation, there would be widespread disease due to over population. For the record, I do not hunt, but I feel that those who enjoy this should be allowed to do so without all the negative comments.
I totally agree!
TNTEA

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Gun Control, leads to Gun Confiscation leads to concentration camps and gulags remember that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,501 - 7,520 of8,503
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance