Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#8302 Dec 17, 2012
Wondering wrote:
According to CBS News, someone phoned in and threatened to kill everyone in a church service in Newtown, Connecticut today only days after the horrific school shootings.
Wonder if the Libs will now call for banning all telephones?
Can you say "Agents Provocateur"?

Even if you can't say it, it might be a good idea to learn what it means and be on guard for it. A word to the wise.

Personal Note: Chill CB, you're letting a 14 year old get to you.
knockknock

United States

#8303 Dec 17, 2012
Cornbread wrote:
<quoted text>
Been ther done that boy.. You want to give me a try?
The Cable Guy has spoken.
Fat Albert

Loudon, TN

#8304 Dec 17, 2012
"I'm going to introduce in the Senate, and the same bill will be introduced in the House -- a bill to ban assault weapons," Feinstein said on NBC's "Meet the Press."
tn hawaii girl

Powell, TN

#8305 Dec 17, 2012
Fat Albert wrote:
"I'm going to introduce in the Senate, and the same bill will be introduced in the House -- a bill to ban assault weapons," Feinstein said on NBC's "Meet the Press."
A-M-E-N!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#8306 Dec 17, 2012
Fat Albert wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/Ameri canSpecialtyAmmo

Location hidden

#8307 Dec 17, 2012
sammie

Trenton, TN

#8308 Dec 17, 2012
I love to go hunting we should be able to go when we want to I was raised to hunt and fish.
Fat Albert

Loudon, TN

#8310 Dec 19, 2012
This is not about going hunting. You don't need assault rifles to hunt. I am for rights to bear arms and I have three hand guns and a rifle. We don't need assault weapons. The law is fixing to change.
flbrat

Jupiter, FL

#8311 Dec 19, 2012
Fat Albert wrote:
This is not about going hunting. You don't need assault rifles to hunt. I am for rights to bear arms and I have three hand guns and a rifle. We don't need assault weapons. The law is fixing to change.
I sure do hope that the law applies to the criminals that have assault weapons as well. We know how well they follow rules.
Fat Albert

Loudon, TN

#8313 Dec 19, 2012
flbrat wrote:
<quoted text>
I sure do hope that the law applies to the criminals that have assault weapons as well. We know how well they follow rules.
I don't think the 20 year old that killed all those young children was a criminal. He just had access to an assault rifle.
Bubba

Knoxville, TN

#8314 Dec 19, 2012
Sounds like the mom did everything wrong for this kid.
Phil

Johnson City, TN

#8315 Dec 19, 2012
Fat Albert wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the 20 year old that killed all those young children was a criminal. He just had access to an assault rifle.
This is one of the most idiotic posts I have ever seen on Topix. With your way of thinking, if a serial killer gets high on drugs and goes and kills 50 people, he is not a criminal because he had access to drugs?

If a person with four DUI's and no license gets drunk and goes for a drive and veers off the road killing a school bus full of children, he is not a criminal because he had access to booze.

If a person takes a butcher knife and walks right up to his boss and stabs him 50 times, he is not a criminal because he had access to a butcher knife?

If a thief takes a glass cutter and cuts open the glass door of a pharmacy and steals all of their drugs, that person is not a criminal because he had access to a glass cutter.

Think before you post Fat Albert. People will pay more attention if you do.

“Many have died”

On the road to peace

#8316 Dec 20, 2012
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
This is one of the most idiotic posts I have ever seen on Topix. With your way of thinking, if a serial killer gets high on drugs and goes and kills 50 people, he is not a criminal because he had access to drugs?
If a person with four DUI's and no license gets drunk and goes for a drive and veers off the road killing a school bus full of children, he is not a criminal because he had access to booze.
If a person takes a butcher knife and walks right up to his boss and stabs him 50 times, he is not a criminal because he had access to a butcher knife?
If a thief takes a glass cutter and cuts open the glass door of a pharmacy and steals all of their drugs, that person is not a criminal because he had access to a glass cutter.
Think before you post Fat Albert. People will pay more attention if you do.
What he was trying to say is before the shooting he was not a criminal, he had no record...
msecashmore

Charlottesville, VA

#8317 Dec 20, 2012
punk wrote:
<quoted text>
You prefer drugged up thugs running around in the city caring guns robbing unarmed people and businesses? Probably, clueless moron!
I guess you would prefer hitting a deer every time you drive your car. Or maybe, you would prefer if someone broke into your home and killed you. Must be a yankee that moved to the country.
Skinny Albert

Augusta, GA

#8318 Dec 20, 2012
Fat Albert wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess technically you are right, he hasn't been tried and convicted of any crimes. All the more reason we need to make being crazy a crime. It would be easier to control nuts than it would be to control guns.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#8319 Dec 20, 2012
Where did Mr. Lanza get the weapons? His mother, a law abiding citizen and legally licensed to carry, owned the firearms and he essentially stole them from her to commit this crime.

Wasn't he under psychiatric care, and in an earlier decade, wouldn't he have been institutionalized? Maybe he was off his meds or something.

Soon this whole argument will be an exercise in futility if a certain treaty is signed. Treaty law trumps Constitution every time, thanks to governmental treason.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#8320 Dec 20, 2012
Done my homework wrote:
Where did Mr. Lanza get the weapons? His mother, a law abiding citizen and legally licensed to carry, owned the firearms and he essentially stole them from her to commit this crime.
Wasn't he under psychiatric care, and in an earlier decade, wouldn't he have been institutionalized? Maybe he was off his meds or something.
Soon this whole argument will be an exercise in futility if a certain treaty is signed. Treaty law trumps Constitution every time, thanks to governmental treason.
None of that information about the Shooter or his Mother has been confirmed, as of this Morning!
Sloane

Scituate, MA

#8321 Dec 20, 2012
Next time Dresden resident and puppy killer Preston Odle goes hunting (and Levi Evans), make sure to aim sharp at these evil sons of a bitches.

Society doesn't need puppy killers.
The real ummmmmmm

AOL

#8322 Dec 20, 2012
I was a puppy killer in grade school.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#8324 Dec 23, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
None of that information about the Shooter or his Mother has been confirmed, as of this Morning!
Considering the publications you generally quote from, I'm not surprised, but I'm guessing you're citing my questions rather than my statements.

However, take the information that is confirmed and then try to convince me that Adam Lanza is typical of the general population of the US in temperament and/or mental health. There do seem to be some that feel that the "common" people are thugs, criminals, and vicious animals barely held in check by social convention and the legal system, hence they need to have their tools of self-protection removed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Water Park! Waste of Tax Dollars! 1 hr Ed U Cate 38
Park Overall 3 hr Lance Corporal Bubba 41
Trumps fake news 3 hr Lance Corporal Bubba 19
Speeding Tickets: Safety or Revenue 3 hr Lance Corporal Bubba 5
robin quillen leaves meeting 3 hr Thunder valley 29
Pos sperm donors 3 hr Ghjh 38
megan at advance auto on newport hyw 4 hr shopper 7
Girls, do you really like being spanked? (Dec '10) Sat Spankenema 195

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web